Ulesfia

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is wrong. The 5% benzyl alcohol is correct but the 95% mineral oil is not. The above poster is either a really stupid rep or someone who thinks they know it all.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ulesfia Lotion is supplied as a white topical lotion containing benzyl alcohol, 5%. Inactive ingredients in this formulation are water, mineral oil, sorbitan monooleate, polysorbate 80, carbomer 934P and trolamine.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just use Ovide or an OTC and use it according to instructions.

and clean your fucking house so your kid doesn't get lice again.

ulesfia is not worth it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP of the above here - told ya! 'Natroba' was approved by the FDA last week. 0.9% spinosad. One ten minute app cures like 84% of cases. Ulesfia = fucked.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you people who worked for this company actually knew anything about lice, you would NOT be telling people more than half of the ignorant things you have posted. If you dislike working for a company so much that you have to make a point to take a topic that human beings actually need for advice to HELP them, into something to slam your own company. How stupid.

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that lice are now almost 90% immune to the over the counter medications. You would know that lice can only live for a short period of time off the scalp of a human and under the best of conditions, they can possible live a day before dying. Otherwise, they wouldn't last 20 minutes off the scalp. So pesticides to clean your house, bagging up items for weeks, etc, is just plain unnecessary. Lice eggs can only hatch at a certain temperature, therefore, if they fall out of the human scalp on to your carpet, they will not hatch. I'm not saying you shouldn't was your pillows and bed linens, you definitely should do that after treatment. The pesticides to spray your house and other cleaning items are just ways for these companies to make money off of parents who are so exhausted by immune lice infestations, they will try anything to get rid of them.

Now, my insurance coverage for Ulesfia only cost $5 for TWO 8 oz. bottles. Your dr can prescribe ANY amount for ONE treatment. I have extremely long hair, so my treatment of 4 bottles per application would cost me $5. It is MUCH more expensive to try every over the counter medication at $10-$20 for one small 4 oz bottle, and then find that the lice are immune and they don't kill the eggs either!

Depending on how long you or your child has had an infestation, the first application of Ulesfia may have to be repeated before the 7 day period, as you cannot kill the eggs that may hatch the day after your application. But, if you treat several days after the first application and then again on the 7th day after that, you should be fine. I highly recommend slathering on the conditioner and combing out with the lice combs several times a week as well. You can do this right after you do your first treatment.

If schools would get together and enforce no-nit policies, refusing to take children until their parents and doctors have effectively treated the child, before allowing them back to school - we wouldn't have this problem. Not excusing absences for this is just horrible! I feel so bad for the poor kids who have lice up until their late teenage years because parents get frustrated and broke trying to get rid of them, and schools allow them to come back and spread the infestations. Sickening!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your in the minority the average copay for Ulesfia is $50 if covered at all unless you have Medicaid coverage.. Just found out at a pharmacy that Ulesfia was $72 a bottle for a cash paying patient!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are a fucking loser

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is it selling Ulesfia today? I remember trying to sell it and the ridiculous goals we had. Pharmacies never stocked it and it was super expensive. It makes me itch just thinking about it. Is it still impossible to sell?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is Ulesfia?
    And more importantly, why was such a bad name chosen for the product?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ulesfia and all the pediatric products were spun off a year ago.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am super confused. So who owes Ulesfia now? The press release said Concordia Health but the NDC # is still in Shionogi....

Any thoughts?