Underpaid

Discussion in 'Zimmer Dental' started by anonymous, Jan 23, 2020 at 9:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take a look at your pay stub for tomorrow’s deposit. If you exceeded quota, you were shorted 2% on all your sales over last year.

What gives?!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My guess:

* Bosley's hair fund for Brett.
    * Cheetah club just called, there is an open tab that has yet to be paid for 2019.
    * BM needs more Axe body spray.
    * Lawyers are expensive for all those HR violations.
    * Need to pay for increased payroll tax to fund State and Federal Unemployment claims.
    * DOJ just fined your asses.
    * No one set a budget to clean up the iguanas falling on the property.
    * Due to tariffs, cost of Chinese made cover screws has gone up.
    * Super Bowl suites are not cheap.
    * The cost of converting the outdoor water fountain into an implant shaped water fountain is essential.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2% of 1% is a lot of money...... you guys should really be chomping at the bit to go work for Toys r Us when the make their comeback. What an opportunity to make some real money. I look at zimmer reps as the biggest joke in all of dental. You all complain and still stick around to make 80k. Get a life

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are very naive if you think reps at ZB make 80k. I bet they make more than all the other implant companies out there
    have a great year with Hiossen

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doubtful that all Zimmer reps made $80k last year.
    Most made less than $100k.
    Corporate is clueless.
    You get what you pay for.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will take that bet! You are either extremely dumb, naive, or a corporate blow hard trying to stick up for your own failing policy.

My bet? Dumb.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are right I bet “they” make around 85k. It is no secret that “they” are the worst paid reps in premium sector by......far.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can attest that prior to the merger, even with a base of $40k at the time, I made more money with Biomet 3i. After the merger, they doubled the base to $80k, some got $85-90K, I made SIGNIFICANTLY less. Why? First, dollar sales compensation plan went out the window. They dropped commissions to a fraction of 1%, specifically .0075%. Then there were escalators once you hit the previous year overall sales number. Then, you get paid another .005% till you hit your annual quota number. After you hit, and if there's time left in the fiscal year, then you get paid around 1.5% (I might be off by 1/2 of 1%).

This was done to accomplish many things. First, they didn't lay off anyone from both sides of the sales force other than a handful of RM's. Rather, they forced the hands of experience reps who've helped build the dental business from both sides by cutting their overall pay on an average of 25%. I was on the higher scale, I suffered close to 30%. Second, not only did they cut back on the annual bonus should you make the year, but they tied your hands to stay till end of the first quarter of the new year in order to get paid. Should you have quit after the close of the year that you accomplished your quota, you get nothing! Oh, and when they did merge both salesforces, only way to accommodate was to cut territory size. That equates to lower sales opportunity.

In addition, they started expanding territories upon those that decided to hang around, but implemented a new car re-imbursement program. They significantly cut back what was around a $500 p/month car plan plus mileage, they dropped it down to around $350ish, and paid only .19cents per mile. Every month, that 19 cents per mile would fluctuate based on the cost of gas. At one point, it went down as low as 14 cents.

Now, they cut back the base 2x since I have left, bringing it to the low $60's. Then, they screwed with the commission plan again to their benefit, not the sales force. Couple that with the increased deduction of healthcare cost, and you will make less on net than the previous year!

If you are a young single person, with 2 years of ADP, Paychex, Enterprise, etc experience, and looking to get into medical, they want you. However, be careful. Because in reality, you think you're gaining valuable experience to then hop to a medical device/OR/Aesthetic company, you're not. The word is out amongst the head hunters. The experience of working for Zimmer Biomet Dental is no longer what it once was. My advice, stick to the ADP's jobs of the world for at least 3 plus years, and hit your numbers. Prove you can handle B2B sales at a grunt level such as Small Business Services Division. By doing so, you can take your talent directly to those true med device/Aesthetic companies and believe me, you will be considered over the Zimmer Implant rep. Plus, the compensation is definitely better.

Thank god today, with my network of friends and professionals, I was able to secure a job with a 6 figure base plus commission and a strong expense reimbursement program. Not everyone could be so lucky. Just, be careful what those at ZB sell you from the dental side. The company products are no longer looked upon the market place to be 'premier.' They know it too.

TRUTH!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you didn’t got your quota you made nothing but if you consistently hit every quarter you make more than you ever did. I can attest to that. The new comp plan is designed to reward the achievers and punish the ones that can’t hit

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Extremely depressing. But also 100% true. This is the world that the genius Brett Denver built.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

False.

I hit every quarter and my w-2 in almost 30k below my high water mark. Congrats on your year this year. I hope you saved your money for the lean year you are about to endure,

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

correction good reps don’t hit every other year. They are consistent and hit every year

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep drinking the kool aid sucker

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Must be rewarding to make 110k and hit your number every quarter. I made over 200k last year and should make a lot more next year. I hit my number each quarter as well. It’s nice to net 30k at the end of each quarter. Have a great sales meeting....

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are such a hero! Great correction!

I love it when sales reps pretend that they have full control of other peoples decisions. You may find that your streak will come to an end. If it was something that could be programmed and predictably accomplished everyone would do it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Least innovative implant company in industry. Least talented sales force in industry. Merger of two of the least exciting implant systems in the market. Lowest paid sales force in premium sector. If you are still there you need to look at yourselves in the mirror and ask “when did I become such a putz?”

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately most of this is true. The only reps that make a lot of money by hitting their quota are those that have a very high territory number or those that they favor. I am sure eventually there will be an audit and then a lawsuit on the basis of different compensation plans that discriminate based on how big your quota is. Lets look at last years compensation plan. A rep got to stay on the old plan if a. hit their number and b. if they had higher than $1.8 million. That in itself is discrimination because what about the reps that made there number but don't carry that much business? They reward large quotas but not the value of a tenure rep. Hence why so many are leaving and ZB will be left with very little experience.
    The money is not good here for reps with a small territory and those that have a low base. If you are in an ASTR role you are good to go, check this math out. The ASTR makes a base of $55k and is paid 1.66% on dollar 1, last year it was 1.72%. So take a rep with a $1.2 million territory and an ASTR who might cover 1 or 2 reps but for this we will do both scenarios. A. the full line rep misses their quota at 96%, i know their are the kickers but just look at this. The rep makes almost 12k the ASTR makes almost 17k, and B if that ASTR covers 2 reps that each have a million the ASTR gets paid $33k. The whole thing is so messed up. If you stay its because it is easy and you have your big accounts that carry you, but seriously reps are leaving and getting a 95k base with at plan $180k. why would you stay? Every year since the merger your paycheck is less than what you were making in the old days and mind you your w-2 has the prior year sales bonus paid out on it so it might look higher but in actuality it is not. Get out this is a sinking ship, no new products just old products changed up a bit.