Unemployment?

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are fired for not making your quota can you get unemployment or does SkinMedica dispute it?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. If you were just not making quota and quota's were increased 30% or more, no judge would find that to be a reasonable goal. The company knows this so if you get fired for not making quota, you will be able to collect unemployment. If you are way below quota and not growing at all, you may have a tougher time but most companies don't contest claims unless you did something really bad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the feedback! I don't know any former employees who have been fired and I couldn't get any good info online.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've known one person who was fired for their performance and they did get unemployment. How many months can you go missing your number before you will get fired?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not too long. I know someone that came into a territory with high turnover. They had 6 months to turn it around and it didn't happen, next! There have been 3 reps since then. No one can stay in the territory long enough because the west coast manager is a nightmare.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are all nightmares! A collection of idiots really. None of them have a life outside of work! Of course we have high turnover. It's a churn em and burn em ponzi scheme!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ive heard a few things, one is that once they put you on a plan they usually move pretty fast. As for how long it takes to be put on a plan I'm not sure. The one person I knew (east coast person) who was put on one was in the field for only about 6 months before being put on a plan and then fired. Not sure about reps who have been in the field longer.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to be a very special person to work here. The problem is the definition of special. You have to work 20 hours a day 6 days a week. There is no time of the day or day of the week that is off limits from these requirements. If you don't answer or don't reply, you are hounded and hounded and hounded. Frustrated pissed off middle aged managers are a huge issue. They can't stand themselves and they take it out on us.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry. I'm so psycho due to my managers micro management of everything. Stay home for once! I don't need you!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it does.....it is all relevant.
    The managers are the ones driving the sales force out of the position hence unemployment...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the easiest and or fastest way to get fired?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simple. Tell your manager her roots have been showing for 3 weeks! Or, just say, "did you get stung by a bee on the lips?" You're history!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear about the leadership issues here. You couldn't pay me enough to work at a place like this at any level.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definition of Hell on Earth? The next 3 days as a rep at SkinMedica! JW and TP get control of yourselves first and then your stupid ass DM's! If anyone calls me before or after hours the next 3 days, I am reporting their pathetic ass to HR! And I am copying my attorney so if any confidence is broken or I receive retaliation you will pay! Get control of these lifeless managers! I have other things in my life! I'm sorry the majority of you don't!