Union Problems

Discussion in 'Labcorp' started by anonymous, Jul 20, 2017 at 7:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are so right about that. In fact, I recall a recent lawsuit some where down south. I believe it was in New Orleans. However, in that case, it was a White supervisor. His boss ordered him to lie on performance reviews of the 2 African American (Black) employees. These employees, in reality, were excellent so he was confused about why his boss wanted him to write bad reviews. Because his conscience would not allow him to through with it, he refused to lie on the performance reviews and took the issue to HR. Guess what happened next.
    He was fired. He sued LabCorp for wrongful termination. I lost track of how that case was adjudicated. Can anyone fill me in? Did LabCorp settle out of court?

Ummm Looks like the same old shyt. Only they added a new twist. Black supervisor this time around.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are so right about that. In fact, I recall a recent lawsuit some where down south. I believe it was in New Orleans. However, in that case, it was a White supervisor. His boss ordered him to lie on performance reviews of the 2 African American (Black) employees. These employees, in reality, were excellent so he was confused about why his boss wanted him to write bad reviews. Because his conscience would not allow him to through with it, he refused to lie on the performance reviews and took the issue to HR. Guess what happened next.
    He was fired. He sued LabCorp for wrongful termination. I lost track of how that case was adjudicated. Can anyone fill me in? Did LabCorp settle out of court?

Ummm Looks like the same old shyt. Only they added a new twist. Black supervisor this time around.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now, do you see why a union is in order or do you want more proof?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

American Society of Cytopathology workload recommendations for automated Pap test screening: developed by the productivity and quality assurance in the era of automated screening task force.
    Tarik M Elsheikh, R Marshall Austin, David F Chhieng, Fern S Miller, Ann T Moriarty, Andrew A Renshaw, .
    [​IMG]

Diagn. Cytopathol.
    View on Pubmed
    Based on current literature and the best available research to date, the current FDA workload limits for automated image-assisted screening, including the ThinPrep Imaging System and the FocalPoint GS, of 100 slides/day (imaged only slides counted as 0.5) are extremely high and may be associated with significant reduction in sensitivity. This task force has proposed six recommendations relating to cytotechnologist (CT) workload in automated image-guided Pap test screening, which have already been endorsed by major pathology professional societies. These evidence-based recommendations, however, pertain only to gynecologic specimens with image-assisted screening, as there is no current available data to justify modifying screening practices regarding non-gynecologic specimens. The proposed recommendations are as follow: 1) CT workday should not include more than 7 hours of Pap test screening in a 24-hr period, and an 8-hr shift day must include at least 2 paid mini-breaks of 15 minutes each and a 30-minute lunch break. 2) Future Studies examining CT workload should use actual hours of screening rather than lesser number of hours extrapolated to 8-hour days. 3) Average laboratory CT workload should NOT exceed 70 slides/day (slides counted per 2010 FDA bulletin). 4) Proportion of imaged slides that undergo full manual review should be at least either 15%, or twice (2×) the epithelial cell abnormality (ECA) rate, whichever is greater. 5) ECA-adjusted workload measure is a promising method for calculating and monitoring CT workload, but further studies of this method are necessary before full endorsement. 6) CT productivity and workload limits are just one aspect of a good quality assurance program in a cytology laboratory, so other quality indicators to assess CT performance are essential.

From our vantage point, the only thing LCA is interested in is how many more slides that they can squeeze out of a cytotech. I hear that the slides are backed up in Monrovia, they are constantly raising the workloads for techs but not paying them. The supervisors will not fight for them to be paid properly. They really do not care about quality, because if they did, they would have a QA system that included patient followup and a
    monthly report to each tech showing tissue correlations. Without tissue correlations reports comparing the cytotech's dx and the pathologist's dx of the pap with the tissue dx, you have no respectable QA and no way to judge your sensitivity/specificity. Just observing statistical trends won't do it. Your solution of working techs to the point that they do not care if the semi-automated screener misses a case while accepting clients req's that you do not have enough personnel to service will only end in tragedy. More labs are opening up and competition is back. Techs are getting the heck out of there, one by one.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Observation: Little kim was given the job of triage desk/administrator to cover for the lab director when she is out of the lab. She, apparently promoted herself to Operations Manager,spending most of her day gossiping and cackling over the telephone and leaving promptly at 2:00 PM. If G.P. and M.O. have to fill in for her the remainder of the day, why not give G,P, the job of lab administrator. It is she who is doing the work anyway, in case you have not noticed. One morning little kim was screaming so loud ad G.P.,you could hear her across the lab. She was apparently angry because G. took the initiative to resolve a problem. Maybe we should start to refer to her as little Trump instead. There are still some great employees there. Whomever little kim is throwing shade on are probably truth tellers and excellent.

Solution: What a waste. Little Kim can go back to screening paps.If she really cared, you wouldn't have to ask her to do it. After all, there is a huge backlog and techs are already reading over 100 slides per day. Give the job of Laboratory Administrator to G.P.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FYI:
    La abuela siempre esta a tiempo.
    (Grandma is always on time) And she has some wisdom to share. Stop spreading hate.There is way too much of that in the world today. A little kindness goes a long way. Did you know that harassing a fellow employee is not allowed at LabCorp and that you are being recorded? SHE is NOT the enemy. And definitely not your enemy. You do not have a clue. When you do not know the whole story, mind your own business. An ignorant person is easily manipulated. That is, unless you enjoy the being a tool.

And by the way, home girl is a Proud Monrovia Grandmother with great and beautiful grandchildren.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sí, la abuela siempre está a tiempo. LOL.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Media is different???? If you think you will get accurate information from S.K., I have a bridge in Alaska to sell you. You had sooner expect a truthful answer from Sara Sanders concerning the Donald.

FYI: When S.K. starts to get defensive and raises her voice at you as if she knows what she is talking about, she is lying. Sure, M.O. has her own set of issues, but this is about something that happened recently. NOT in the distant past. She has the mentality of an immature child. She is self centered, spiteful and vindictive and staff members are fearful of her and her loud mouth.

Ask her why she stood in the middle of Client Services each morning until the black woman cytotechnologist arrived and then ordered the client service rep, (whose name is also S.) to call her time in. She did this to embarrass and humiliate the Black woman before her co-workers. She did this to try to make herself look powerful..She did this even though she knew that cytotechnologists have flexible hours and are only required to be at work at 9:00 AM when scheduled to screen non-gynecological specimens. She did this even though she is not and was NOT the Black cytotech's supervisor. She did this until, one morning, she was told to stop.

She did this because corporate management of the Western Division was in transition, and she needed scapegoats to move the focus of attention from herself to. She would pretend to be victimized, need the help of the new manager to handle the problem, endear herself, and hold on to her job. In the prior posts, you will recall the Black cytotechnologist man was also being scapegoated? S.k. is the consummate opportunist. You will find few who are more skillful at it.

It had worked like a charm with J.G. She struck during the transition, taking advantage of the newcomers lack of information.

Now, the morning was she told to stop what she was doing to the Black cytotechnologist was a significant day. It was the day that the new General Manager came from the Corporate office in San Diego to visit Monrovia for the first time. Can you imagine the shock when she saw that the new GM was a Beautiful Black Woman? Oh, that fail safe plan could no longer proceed. That "rescue me" gambit was not going to work this time around. Game recognizes game.

....More to come in another post

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stuff like this happens everywhere in our company, both on small scales and large. It all comes down to overall poor leadership.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you really want to clown? Really? On the History Channel, my favorite show is "Swamp People." Lmao.. Its a reality show about the Louisiana swamp people who hunt alligators. If you are like me,you appreciate the subtitles, Check it out sometime. Then shut the fk up.