Upcoming Layoffs to be MASSIVE !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is going to be horrible for so many of us. Best of luck to all. There are so few pharma jobs available these days it will be a nightmare if you are given the pink slip.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being laid off by Amgen is the first step to reaching one's full potential. Seriously. You may not believe it at first, but you will in time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a drama queen you are.. Amgen is not the first not will it be the last pharma company to have layoffs.. Go away you queen

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Losing one's income in this economy is not drama... It is a nightmare.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well if losing your job at Amgen causes you to cry and give up on life I feel bad for you. I'm confident enough in myself to get off the Floor and go get another job.. I mean were not steel mill workers in the 1980's.. Grow up stop crying and go get another job

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Jerkoff- you can't apply for another job if there is non available.... walmart, and star bucks aside.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do you live North Korea? There are thousands of jobs available. I got 6 calls this week alone for interviews .. Polish up your resume .. Grow a sack and go interview

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A ball sack?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't feed the troll.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes..if you are under 35 and make less than 65k. If you are over 40, pulling in six digits- you are screwed.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

actually if you're a rep over 40 making six figures you're overpaid, and yes, likely screwed too

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

says the Green rep hoping to be kept, while secretly coveting the 40-year old's salary.

13. DontWorry

DontWorry Guest

That's why I'm going to Nursing school to become a nurse. That way I can feed the sick and dying the pharma/biotech drugs that kill the sick and dying. I was always curious what I was really selling all along firsthand. Wish me luck.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck. But why stay in medicine?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the cuts will be much deeper than people realize. ZS is working overtime on this reduction.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope the people working 2 hours a day, four days a week are safe.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never thought/said this before in my 15yr career in this industry...after the district level conference call this week...I'll take the severance!

Yes I know a good paying job in this economy...but if you are "spared" ask yourself what will the environment be like post reduction; better? based on what? fewer of your colleagues here... better leadership? ( had to throw a good laugh in there) and let's acknowledge this, despite what they are saying about results will matter...I have been through no fewer than 5 reductions like this and results were NEVER taken into consideration! Booth good and poor performers will be let go and make the cut, and we will never know why.

Then about 2-3 years from now this will happen again and all these same conversations will be taking place again. If you make it, start looking for something better now so when it does happen again you wont care because you'll have an alternative.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the severance will be even worse

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These layoffs will spawn a boat load of discrimination and compliance charges.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

severance is 24 wks plus 1 wk per year employed til end apr.