Update on current VDC pros/cons

Discussion in 'Idexx labs' started by anonymous, Jul 2, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looking for objective feedback about the current pros/cons from VDCs. I have read the negative feedback about previous high goals and high turnover from the past. Looks like the distributor situation is long behind the company.

What is a current update on pros/cons of being a diagnostic rep? Are people happy? Are VDCs making $? How is the current turnover?

Thanks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Morale isn’t high unfortunately at IDexx Turnover is a little higher then the average when looking at animal health, but it’s still not outlandish. I have been with Idexx for 5yrs. Like with any sales organization they all claim quota attainments are achievable. Idexx is no different, but I can tell you first hand that I have not made the $$ ever that was stated during the interview process 5yrs ago. I left Pharma to get into this space. I have made on average $15k to $20k less every year. Vets are fun to call on compared to doctors, but many vets are cash strapped.
    Overall, I don’t know your situation, but I would highly advise against coming to work for Idexx. Their are better animal health gigs out there. Be patient and do your research.