Urgent Teleconference @ 1:30 tomorrow; Layoffs are Coming!!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Oct 18, 2017 at 9:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Might as well get the company car serviced, new brakes, new snow tires, etc. In case I get the option to buy it. Also going to use all of my 40 volunteer hours. Might even look at a matching gift to my old alma mater to lock in some season tickets. Any other ideas? Oh yeah, lots of office supplies, especially ink cartridges.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2017 is the last year Merck will match gifts to organizations for retirees. Many of you will be in that camp soon. Sorry to say. You have until year end to make gifts for company matching. The total is 10,000 per year. Good Luck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just cut Frazier. I don't see a leader here. He left the president's advisory board, didn't want to play, took his toys and stomped home.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep anything with Merck logos, award rings, plaques, VP awards, old pens and giveaways. Merck is going down the shi##er fast and will be non-existent in a few short years. People collect this stuff, hello EBay. And to my ctl, effu, I've got two district projectors on EBay right now, fu.
    As for the car, I'm not buying it but since the news I've been driving it like I stole it. Running over curbs, dropping the transmission at signal lights, donuts in parking lots. I've also been smoking cigars in it with my two 80 pound labs in the rear seat, one has incontinence. Fu Merck.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hospital reps can find a position at another company.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LMAO

Definitely in spending mode over the next 6 weeks. I feel like a doomsday prepper.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Went to Amgen 10 yrs ago. Yes, the process is unnecessarily brutal, but if you play their game, tell them what they want to hear, make them believe you believe all their bullshit about how everyone is a super star, and you have to be God to stand out on their ethereal cloud, you have as good a chance as anyone.
    Once hired you will find as I did that it's no different than pharma, just a different name. The only real difference is that you need to produce or you will be gone. Not that hard because the products sell themselves and have little or no competition.
    There are as many slugs, losers, and assholes here as there are in any company. What is accurate is the "pedigree" or facade. If you're one of the pretty boys or girls you have a better chance of being hired. I was fifty when I was hired. I'm no Adonis, dress well, had a very good track record, and took no shit from the interviewers, panels, and basically sent the message that they would be fortunate to have me. I acted as arrogant, entiltled, and egotistical as they did. I also had contacts and relationships with key people they didn't. Some of these Drs. called in unsolicited recommendations to the Amgen brass.
    Bottom line, SOS, different company. Sales are sales. If this is what you decide to do if let go, just do it. Don't be intimidated or show any fear or doubt and you will have as good a chance of being hired as any one else.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG - thanks for the laugh!! Good luck to you all - but you have to keep your sense of humor, too!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great post, and absolutely true. I was layed off seven years ago by Novartis and I got a job three weeks later with AstraZeneca making a higher base. My attitude was exactly like yours, you guys are lucky to have me. Plus, my Docs also wrote me letters of recommendation. I realize today pharma is simply a year to year job, but I have lasted 29 years so regardless of the future I feel like I have had an excellent run! Plus, I have $1.5 million in my 401k and I am 53. If I don’t add another dime to my 401k it will probably double by the time I am 61 and ready to retire. This is my advice, don’t take money out of your 401k no matter how long you are unemployed! Get a part time job while you are looking, but let your money grow so you can retire on your terms and not your employers!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#106 First of all not all Parma companies have hospital reps. Secondly it depends upon your age. For example? 48 is easier than 58. Someone at 28 may not have a spouse and kids that is more benefits for medical, etc. Do not assume anything nor that a displaced person will find the same benefits or salary, etc.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#111 You were extremely lucky and not the norm. If it happened to you at your age it would be more difficult. A person receiving unemployment cannot work part time unless it is off the books. It would affect the benefit.