URL- It's so quiet- Anyone have an update?

Discussion in 'Innovex' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing new here. No rumors or gossip. I am still hearing the 120 days.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard June. No extension

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do you get this 120 days????

Truth is no one knows anything.

You think the 120 days comes from 60 days to close the deal, and then 60 days (severance).

I got news for you. This deal was announced two weeks ago. They said the deal will be closed within 60 days. It could close tomorrow, next week, 5 weeks from now. We dont know. To think you have 120 days is crazy.

If I had to guess, Quintiles is trying hard to sign a contract with Takeda and if they dont, we will be done the day the deal closes.

URL hired a contract sales force for this reason....... flexibility

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 60 days from April 10 was an estimate. The deal could close sooner (or later). The press release from Takeda mentions that pending closing conditions, the deal is expected to close 'within 60 days'.

URL reps can only hope that Takeda keeps the contract or negotiaties a new one. I heard that Takeda acquired a product in the past and kept the sales force. Is this true? Was it a contract?

Lots of ambiguity...not many answers.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not same situation. Takeda will prove that to you in a few weeks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working until June when the deal closes and then the final 60 days as severence but not in the field? That is what we have heard too.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meaning what?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard mixed reports about Takeda using a contract sales force to help promote Rozerem. I think there was a company acquired from Takeda a few years ago and they work independantly from Takeda but has the Takeda name behind them. Difference with that is we are not URL employees so we aren't going to be aquired with the close of the sale. We are quintiles.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Takeda has their own issues with lawsuits, generics up against Actos etc. They have laid off 800 reps in the past 4 months with whispers of more in the summer. I can't imagine Takeda wants the headache of 300 more sales reps. I have a feeling we are near the end and maybe the deal will not close until we are given our 60 days notice? Quintiles might be trying to make something happen but I'm not sure.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why they hired through a contract. Temporary. Do yourself a huge favor and come to realization that the contract will dissolve. There is a start and an end to contracts and this one went well beyond its potential. Be glad it went this long. You jump started the car... Someone is fixing to drive it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company was Millenium an Oncology based company. Takeda had no presence in Oncology. They have plenty of presence in Rheum and PC. This new Alo product is another Januvia, Tradjenta, Onglyza etc.etc. and etc. It will not replace Actos even if it was the first to market. I hope our services would be needed but can't looking realistically at it see where or why.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To me it does seem logical to have a specific sales force to run this drug but I don't see it happening. They will close this I'm afraid. All signs point to that. Uloric will have a partner drug and they will work specifics within their sales force. Understand the presence you gave this drug for over 2 years... This pads the transition. They understand our message and know the managed care. You don't need a magic 8 ball to know even in a 3rd tier positioning this will do well.. At least until their gout reps become fully engaged. It compliments a drug they already have. It is over and I mean that in the most sincere way possible. Look ahead cause this is over

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how many reps Takeda has right now (approx)?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1800 give or take

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how quiet do you think it will be now....do they still expect us to think we are "going to be Ok"....clearly we aren't going to be needed and hopefully quintiles is digging up more business....all the other csos are getting deals, why can't they?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. They can not keep us believing business as usual. Use this time Quintiles and find us something please!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's over

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles has gotten zero contracts in the last few months, you need to start checking with the other companies. The ride for the big Q is done!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

quintiles get a new contract please!!! we are fighting against laid off reps from novartis, takeda, etc. etc. etc...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles is better than the other contract companies so HOLD YER HORSES! They are working on new contracts all the time because that is what they do. Ask your seasoned Q reps. Relax, clear your head, and go to work. If you are not able to be a contract rep, start looking. Panic only makes you feel crappy, so don't panic because NOBODY likes to feel crappy. Put your resume' together, polish your shoes, and go out and interview. For the single parents, it will be okay. They can't take your birthday so as long as there is another day, there will be another job. If you can't wait for the next contract, start preparing. It will be okay. I promise.

Love Mom <3