Urology rep base pay

Discussion in 'Terumo Medical Corporation' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, you want me to cover the entire state and you CAN'T tell me about the car allowance package, mileage, gas reimbursement, and auto insurance coverage not mention you expect me to drive to ALL cities in the state (even the 10 hour away locations).

$50k is a very low base pay even in device. $90k commissions is based on what?? Recruiter couldn't tell me.

"Full benefits" means what exactly (small company = HIGH deductible, high co-pays, and high premiums).

Only apply if you are on a PIP plan or laid off. Urology contacts needed and your buddies will help get your products onto the hospital shelf. PRICE PRICE PRICE is going to decide which product they use.............not relationships.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well stated and thought out post. I am not coming here for the above reasons. Ill go back to Pharma before coming here. I will be guaranteed a car, good benefits and 130Ktotal comp. No more job security there than there would be here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

benefit sides is pretty good . Unfortunately no stock available since it is not a US company

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just took a large territory here in the NE and am beginning to wonder if this was the right opportunity. My territory spans 7 hrs windshield time and thats assuming no traffic. I know it's a new division but am wondering what some of my counterparts are also seeing in other parts if the country? I know that since its a new division the territories are going to be large (and I like that b/c it allows us to make alot of money if the cards fall the right way), but l'd really like to hear what some of the rest of you who were just hired are experiencing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know if someone in management reads this it's not going to be hard to figure out who you are...

-someone in management

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I mean the Southeast of the country. The Urology landscape is very competitive down here and already lost a huge account in NC, to BSC. I'm going to stay positive, as there is so much upside w this opportunity.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone? I know there were a few reps hired in the past couple months

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a Jerk!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bite me you prick. What a loser!

lowly rep

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company sucks. I was sold a whole dog and pony show to come on board & I wish I never jumped ship

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

care to elaborate?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BSC has all of the hospital contracts. Good luck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The posters here are huge complainers.

You just started in a division that is brand new, so clearly you most know there woudl be challenges. You are selling one of the most dominate hydrophilic wire products in the world, with more support products to follow.

Terumo has contracts and relationships with IDN's across the nation, you will also have them (again, your division is brand new). Be patient, work hard and stop complaining.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy I wonder what position and what level you work in? Come join us out in the field or better stated join us in the real world. Yes, time to get those hands dirty. It's been so long you all seem to forget the details of what we do on a day to day basis. .

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, please tell me all about the "real world" and how things are in the "field". Tell me, how long have you been carrying the bag for Terumo?

Nobody forced you to join a new division right? You did realize there are unique challenges to starting up a whole new division right? At the rate Terumo and more specifically TIS has grown over the past five years (compared to other competitors in the same space), constantly adding reps there is a lot of upside in the urology space. If you can't handle the challenge, go somewhere else, there is a line of people that would love to be in your spot.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well stated from your cozy air conditioned office answering emails all day. You have a lot of credibility!! Im sure you provide a tremendous amount of VALUE to the bottom line of bringing in revenue right? Nothing but a typical response from the typical pencil pusher.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terumo urology is NOT a good place to be. they have a good product but hasn't been innovated in decades. the partnership with onset medical is a very risky one due to huge safety concerns for this product. It was already launched by another company and the safety concerns were too high. BAIL and BAIL FAST

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try again buddy, I'm a TM in the field as well which goes back to my original question that you failed to answer, how long have you been carrying the bag for Terumo?

By the sound of it, I'm also bringing in a lot more revenue than you. Keep complaining, keep telling yourself how hard you have it, move on to another company, people like you arent needed here.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No money here...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Urolgy leadership is a joke. The national guy does more whining than planning and executing