V Mueller

Discussion in 'CareFusion' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any thoughts on this division?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a good position at this moment.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is that? Impress system seems solid and from what I understand have contracts in place pretty much everywhere

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why are so many reps leaving. Let's talk about the comp plan.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the comp plan btw? And why are reps leaving? I would like to know

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

40 base, commission depends on where you live and what you are targeted at. Very poor sales environment. Too many reports and admin responsibilities. Not to mention the fact that you must quote and cross all your own business and that eats up lots of time.

Great brand but the economic challenges the hospitals are facing doesnt look good for selling a commoditized instrument that is 20% more expensive than the competition's identical option. Tough times are ahead unless more $$ is spent developing a robust cost saving instrument line. Good reps can only do so much these days. When a hospital can save hundreds of thousands of dollars without sacrificing much patient care at all. Its a tough sell.

Management is good, very sharp group but recquire too much non-revenue producing activity. Once a territory is mature, its tough to grow year over year. It will be interesting to see where this division is in 3 yrs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can this be with the Impress system being so solid and contracts in place pretty much everywhere? These are the comments of the idiots following these threads. Instead of owning up to the issues, they will cover them up at all costs. This is the problem. The products are good. The culture is terrible. These Cardinal cast-offs running this company are driving it into the ground.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The culture is great. The pay is marginal. The administrative load is VERY HEAVY!!

Mueller's been around over 100 years and we have quality products. But quality is secondary to value in these tough times. Very little focus on this business unit and little/no innovation.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it the same for the infection prevention division (Chloraprep, etc)?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chloraprep has been around for over 10 years. Upper management has to come to the realization that the market is saturated. But that will never happen, as that would require competence.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can anyone live on a 40K base? Are these just entry level positions for kids in their 20s?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Carefusion is one of the worst paying companies in the industry. Their products are generally good, but, as mentioned above, overpriced.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this still true about the pay?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the pay doesnt seem great, how demanding is this sell? Recruiter says I'll be selling to surgeons but it doesn't seem surgeons would care much about a commodity product that a hospital usually buys from existing contracts/set-ups.

What is a typical day for V Mueller rep?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish somebody who works at CareFusion would answer this. I am currently interviewing and would really like to know as well...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you'd prob be calling on SPD and OR materials more than surgeons.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will be calling on SPD and OR MM. Very rarely will you interact with a surgeon in regards to a particular instrument. The job is very tedious and boring. Heavy administrative load. Selling these instruments is very demanding as they are viewed by the customers as a commodity. V Mueller is priced between 15-20% higher than the competition. Tough sell with a me too commodity product.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the avg earnings of a sales rep? Also, what is all of this admin work?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will be extremely lucky if you make six figures, and if you do, it will be barely. The admin work is sfdc, gap plans, business plans, etc. Way too much busy work