VACATION PAY "EARNED"

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by anonymous, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ummmmm........did anyone else NOT get their vacation pay? Another broken promise from PP or what? Where's the "lump sum" PP?!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s a great point. Many are due at least eight days vacation pay. Not hard to believe they didn’t fulfill their promise but they need to

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow.......Looks like they only paid us for accrued vacation as of 2018. Clever! Not “obligated” right PP? So it’s about 4 days assuming that you didn’t have anything roll over from 2017. So much for 3 weeks vacation!!! I hope these crooks burn in hell for the shit they’re putting us through. Thanks PP! Now they can dump more $ into philanthropy to cover up the filthy Sackler name. karma is coming for all of them. I’d sleep with one eye open if I was a board memeber or upper management. If people haven’t chirped yet,this is a good reason. Purdue United!!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude shut up. Why would they pay you for vacation you haven’t accrued yet. Move on

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kool aid?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aww.... looks like someone still has their nose is someone’s ass at PP. “Dude” that person is right! Brah.....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can go over all this crap and how companies screw people out of PTO. Look into what state you work in. If you take a vacation day please email someone about work. A customer or worker. That will allow you to claim the PTO day if you leave because you worked that day according to the courts. I know people who worked 15 plus years and received 750k.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I literally just earned 20 days vacation this year, but they’ve only decided to pay us what has accrued, so yep...four days. Oh, I was only a couple months from my 10 year anniversary date, but that was not the way my severance pay was calculated either.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone think this layoff wasn’t random at all and was planned around cost savings? If they don’t honor what was agreed on does that give former employees grounds for a grievance

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would love to see Marv be a cost savings later this year. His picture on the Purdue website is terrifying

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Random? Haha! Nothing is random with Purdue! It’s all about $ and cost savings!! How long have you been here? How do you not know that!! If you sign the papers for severence it’s over! That’s why they do it!! I’d love for someone to sue their a$$e$!! Karma please come to these people!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so shady that they changed the vacation rollover policy in December. I had 5 days I was rolling over and didn't get paid on any of them. Could have taken in December but wife was still working so I would have been sitting at home for a week not doing shit. I guess thats about what I've done for the past 9 months anyway though.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even if you rolled over days you won’t be paid them such an awful way to treat good people by cheating them out of earned vacation pay

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You, my friend, need to hire an attorney. If you are only a few months away from your 10 year anniversary, then you have more money coming. I had to do the same thing years ago when they tried to cheat me out of severance. I got it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone I’ve spoken with has said the same thing, however, back in Nov. they conveniently changed the employee manual, and this is all that it is addressed:

“Separation from Employment
    All employees of the Company are employed on an at-will basis, which means that both the employee and Purdue have the right to terminate employment at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.
    Upon separation from employment, accrued, but unused vacation will be paid pursuant to the Company’s vacation policy. Sick and personal days will not be paid upon separation from employment. Bonus under the Annual Incentive Program (AIP) for eligible non-salesforce personnel is payable only if you are actively employed by the Company and in good standing on the date of payment. Bonus eligibility for sales field personnel upon separation is administered according to the applicable Standard Operating Procedure. Certain benefits may be continued at an employee's expense after separation from employment, if the employee so chooses. The employee will be notified in writing of the benefits that may be continued and of the terms, conditions and limitations of such benefits continuance.”

“Notice of Resignation
    It is expected that employees will provide the Company with two weeks’ written notice of resignation to their supervisor, department head or the Human Resources department. This advance notice will allow the department time to ensure a smooth transition of work, adjust schedules and begin recruitment for a replacement, if necessary. Upon notice of resignation, the Human Resources department will arrange an exit interview.
    If an employee gives the requested two weeks’ notice and the Company chooses to conclude employment immediately, or prior to the end of that two week period, the Company will continue to pay salary throughout the notice period. Notice periods of greater than two weeks will not be permitted unless agreed to by the department head and the Human Resources department. Return to Top

“Termination
    If employment is terminated by the Company, the employee will be provided notice pay in accordance with the confidentiality and inventions agreement provided at the time of hire or thereafter.”

I don’t have my confidentiality and inventions agreement, which was given to me back then, but I’ll keep looking for it! I have until March 26th!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Somebody needs to sue them! They changed the rollover policy in December?! When they laid off the reps in 2015, they changed the bonus payout policy right before the layoff too so that you had to be employed on the last day of the quarter to get your quarterly bonus ! What bullshit they pull!! So they got 2 months of free workmout of the reps that quarter without paying them bonus! Before they laid them off! Assholes!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not certain where the confusion lies - it was clearly stated by HR on the WebEx that we would get paid for vacation days ACCRUED to date plus any days rolled over from last year (I think we could only roll over a few this year vs years past). What made some believe the company would pay them for 4 weeks of vacation in February? This is not a matter of Purdue being greedy or nasty. It's common business practice.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They screwed both me and many others out of 3-4 roll over vacation days that were approved by RD to be used. Keep on defending them and blindly follow all the directives as a true submissive does