Vaccine Retention

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 22, 2021 at 2:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are we losing a lot of people to other vaccine companies? Seems like that’s been a major topic on the recent calls. Can’t say I’m surprised though.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great option for those who can already retire and only want 1 or 2 more years. Long term, not so much! I heard some are playing $180k base with a nice bonus plan and signing bonus. It’s a short sighted jump.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why short sighted? You certainly have more opportunities for advancement along with more salary.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No portfolio of products. Moderna is a contract job with one product. What happens when other Covid vaccines come out that need just cold storage and not frozen? Big risk to go to a company that one has one or two products with no proven track record and no real pipeline.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just the opposite. For someone younger who can sell they definitely should jump. They don’t get rewarded here for being a good salesperson and their base is low. What should they do stick it out here for their annual 2% raise?

However for someone who has been here they have a high base and might as well stay. Who knows maybe they will get a package soon anyway.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless they are close to hitting their number is it really a big risk? And there are other companies besides Moderna. You can always get a safe job like here where everyone gets about the same 2% raise and very little room for advancement. And you don’t get rewarded for being a great salesperson. But if you leave and it hits you make out big time.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The day you accepted the offer to work for GSK you made a deal with the devil. Sure, they will pay you a livable wage and offer you a car and health benefits. But it comes at a cost. What's your dignity worth? How many of you have lied about the calls you made in order to meet an unrealistic call metric? How many of you cheated on your Patient First exams? How many of us have had a manager offer "coaching" after executing a perfect call? A perfect day? COCO was not all that long ago. While this may sound trivial to some, it is humiliating and degrading to others. I was laid off about two years ago. Took me three months to find another job. Make a little less money but have my dignity. Trust me, there is life outside of GSK. A much better life. Reach out to some of your former colleagues. Ask them about GSK;s toxicity. Or, stay put and die a slow death. It will come again and again. Sit by the phone and find out if you have a job. If you keep your job, the pressure only increases. You all know I speak the truth. Trust me, get out if you can.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great question. I know at least one top talent employee that went elsewhere to another vaccine company.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

would be inclined to agree. Might seem like a good move, but rather short sighted. Sometimes, more money isn’t good money.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wise points. Quite a risk. Could he out of a job in a year or two, if that. Plus these are hard times. Company may not have deep enough pockets to deal with a product that isn’t as successful as they hoped it would be.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s definitely rolling the dice. Could turn out really well or extremely bad. If one is okay to take the gamble I guess it’s up to them. GSK is a safer bet. But you’re right. One may not get the chance to make $180K.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s if that new company with one or two products doesn’t fold because their products aren’t as successful as they hoped. Could pay off and it may not.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our FLLs deserve to have the good ones leave!! One here in LA was making reps fill out trackers showing face to face calls, then put it on a shared drive so the whole team could see! How pretentious of thy

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very good advice. Sometimes come back to this site where I worked previously and honestly it’s the same old GSK. Will never change. My emotional health improved greatly when I got the package and moved to another company. Hard to describe the toxicity at GSK but it’s real.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s the same thing here in Michigan. They’re not alone in LA. Our tracker shows not just face to face calls. It’s broken down into virtual calls, Veeva fragments, etc.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our VB manager in the West sits in her/he White Castle behind the desk lashing out continual criticisms during one on one calls to 80% of the group. Durning regional calls it's as if this person is your best friend. Makes really good reps feel like they are less than good. The manager is so fearful of their boss, seemingly rightfully so. Remarks such as, heads will roll or your days are limited are common. Trackers, don’t get me going, waste of time. The region has good numbers. Talking negatively about other reps on the team to other reps is the norm, 2 faced. The Area talks about culture continuously, we have culture, just very bad culture. Thought high blood pressure was the silent killer, nope, this person is. Yes, I am probably on my way out but not fast enough.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Culture in the WEst is toxic, sounds like it is many other places.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All the above is soooo true! FLLs in socal making people fill out trackers, then on team calls turn around and say "take care of your family" and "we have your back". Great culture all right.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very low risk. There are plenty of jobs out there for good salespeople. Anyone that hasn’t been here a long time will make more salary and a lot more bonus. On top of that a chance to move up much quicker in an organization. you make contacts for other opportunities as well.