Vaccine Retention

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 22, 2021 at 2:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think that’s already happening. We are losing people to such a degree that it’s being addressed on national calls.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Moderna has a real pipeline. I have a few friends from GSK who have jumped ship and there is real excitement about Moderna’s future, especially with the success of the mRNA technology with the COVID vaccine.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This often happens at GSK. Good people realize what a toxic unethical culture they are in, and look to get out. The good ones leave the bottom of the barrel stay and pray.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK is like a bad marriage with abuse. It's hard to leave for the abused, everyone else on the outside looking in sees the abuse and can't understand.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

name a strong FVP that would have been a better pick? In my opinion, she was the best of the FVP’s. Certainly they weren’t going to go outside of the company.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are right. People that should stay at Gsk and therefore not bitch are people who:
    -are close to their number for medical
    -need the medical benefits which are awesome
    -need a lot of flexibility like a working parent
    -are close to retirement
    -don’t want to work very hard because everyone makes about the same regardless

people who should leave and therefore not bitch if they stay are people who:
    -want to truly get rewarded for hard work and great selling
    -want to move up in an organization and use sales as the jumping point
    -are tired of the useless metrics that have no value

So if you are staying just play the game and put a fake smile on your face 6 times a year during work contacts and in your Microsoft meetings when camera is on

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And- not to mention, Kiss your managers ass

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even better: toss that salad with jam or syrup!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol . Hilarious

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager requires more than ass kissing, she wants my package.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All kidding aside, ass kissing for best rating is a fact.
    Let's get back to individual rankings based on sales. Then promote people with the#1 factor being successful with individual sales followed by capabilities of managing people.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

EXACTLY! Stay and play the game or put your money where your mouth is and find something better.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you're more likely to have success putting something else where your mouth is

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well just because she may have been one of the stronger FVPs that doesn’t mean she was the best candidate. There are some obvious no go’s like PR, JH or the new one from outside out West. There are lots of other people inside too with more experience particularly with marketing and finance. And why not go outside in the future? It might be good to shake up this culture a little.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JM in the West is a HR nightmare.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agreed, the forced rankings mean at least one person and maybe 2 people have to get a ‘C’ in each region. It doesn’t matter how successful you region. So it’s become a popularity, ass kissing, look what I have done lately contest. You also have to factor in that very few if any diversity employees will get the C. So plenty of people with excellent sales will get a C. So much for a sales culture.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our RD spent to much time on our regional call setting up the blow for the rep or reps that will have a "C" put on their report card. We were told a C is a passing grade, a "C" does not mean that you will be put on a PIP. A "C" does not mean that she thinks lesser of you.
    So what does a "C" actually mean. In the 15 minutes she spoke on the subject, she never really defined what it meant. My God, we all know what it means. Employment with GSK is on fragile ground.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I want to hear more about this blow

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was shocked when Kim replaced Al. Her ADD is horrible and she creates havoc all around her. Don’t trust her as she’s very manipulative and only cares about her success. I’ve personally observed her making fun and saying untrue things about reps, direct reports and peers. She isn’t a true leader as she uses people just to make herself look better.