Vaccine sales?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Feb 28, 2019 at 10:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i thought they had announced sales layoffs in vaccines a few months back, now I see there’s positions available? Is this a job to consider?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are looking for a sales position with GSK, vaccines should be the best place for job security and culture. Layoffs were in respiratory and the nucala team recently. There will be a lot of Gsk reps trying to move to vaccines so it will be highly competitive

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The culture is best for sure in vaccines!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are kidding, aren't you?!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which division do think has better culture?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vaccine division is another back stabbing culture with inept leadership.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the salary and bonus range for vaccine?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not for you with grammar like that. "There's??" Uh, have you heard of plural? What a rock. Future lifer in pharma, canned and Taco Bell is your future.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vaccines will see its layoff in due time. The shingles vaccine was accepted as new standard of care. No real need for reps as guidelines have dictated pharmacy orders. The contracts or lack there of continue to hamstring our division. Additionally, our territories are very small in comparison to to other specialty and vaccines companies. We are profitable but really don't generate massive dollars. I have been told that new metrics are coming along with more accountability and pressure to perform. Additionally, Novartis recently downsized their vaccines division for similar reasons. Yes, our culture is far better than other divisions at GSK. But this is GSK and layoffs are a part of our culture, regardless of division.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Avoid. The sales reps still aren’t paid bonus based on sales. The 6-valent combo vaccine being comproted by Sanofi and Merck will soon make the market share of GSK vaccines shrink even further.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

tick tock. layoffs are on the clock. 2020..kaboom!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ohs nos! A lil’ cucky is wishing bad things cause he was thrown out long ago!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tick tock

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

gimme break!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what about inside vax sales? I see the position constantly popping up on indeed. Is there high turnover? I know people will say inside sales is awful, but I’ve done it before and would gladly take it over the windshield time and office trolls bs everyday. I wonder if the compensation/ bonus is drastically lower?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All we have is shingrix. It's a one trick pony of a division. The shingles vaccine has maybe three more years then the market will flatten. Just a matter of time. We are already rep heavy. But hey, 2 to 3 years is an eternity in this field.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time, it's a ticken.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ticken with growth and profitability!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you grow from $1 to $2 that's 100% growth. Two buck aint keeping the lights on. We too many reps that do very little. The shingles vaccine doesn't require a rep. Guidelines drive the sales. Hell, we can't even keep the pharmacies stocked. Believe me, we are not invincible. Tick tock...kaboom!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bingo!! Dump the field reps, let inside telereps handle it at a third of the cost and everyone’s happy!