Vaccines - bad job with no pay

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by anonymous, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vaccines what a joke. They act like they are better and make nothing. Probably the worst job I ever had was in Vaccines. So glad I am getting out. Bad manager, bad co-workers, just a joke. The Sanofi way is living with a dictator. Screw all of you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bud, you just described all sales jobs with Sanofi. Good for you that you’re able to get out. No question, this place is the lowest of the low. Ghetto pharma.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A big congrats , we all want to get out .

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true, horrible managers and corporate. good luck and congratulations for leaving

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve been here a bit and I can’t put my finger on it but it’s miserable. They talked constantly about how vaccine reps are treated differently during the interview process but I felt more respected pushing pills. I feel like I spend half my time doing admin stuff but we get no admin time. Is this common ?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wish I never saw SP vaccines. The biggest mistake of my life is accepting this job. Damn I must have been desperate. Saw it from the beginning during training and now under a micromanager that is lucky he still has his teeth with some of the comments he has made. Offices despise him as much as I do. I will get out of this mess! If you are considering vaccine sales look elsewhere.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aren't all the managers micromanagers? The culture sure seems to be that way!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolute worst people in management. My manager is the worst person in the world. this person thinks he is the smartest person in the world and we the reps are stupid . They focus on this stupid message that no one will listen to and they make such a big deal. If you cant verbalize the message word for word then you are a bad rep. How stupid are these people!!!!! they don t respect success and everything revolves around a stupid message. Only come here if you are unemployed and do not have an prospective employement on the horizon. The training is horrible!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s true about the managers wanting a word for word message. My field ride reports got better when I memorized a message and put it out word for word from a training video. The “problem” is that the message is too damn long and HCPs are walking away from the discussion. When that happens the manager gives a bad review for that too. “Low impact on engagement”. How is it my fault that the message is too long and they don’t have time to listen? It’s funny, those same docs will bullshit with me when the manager isn’t there. And they always give me some time for business. Just be a normal human being. That’s what sells! Why can’t Sanofi get that?
    Anyway, to the guy who’s manager is lucky to have teeth, I say blow his face up man. Maybe they will get the message around here.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This quote almost singly explains the multiyear Sanofi marketing failure: Create and Push top-down ivory tower marketing message. Fail. Rinse. Repeat.
    Seriously, how is it possible that management learns NOTHING after a decade+ of absolute failure?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“how is it possible that management learns NOTHING after a decade”
    ....I don’t know, maybe because they’re idiots? How else can it be explained?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like diabetes.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Terrible. sounds like my DM who is an complete idiot! The message is put together by the people in training who 2 years ago were reps in a territory. That is their market research. Then they bring buddy doctors who get paid to listen to that stupid message and provide feedback. None of these physicians who are being paid to listen are going to say the "message is not useful" they are all going to agree and add a couple of points. Just got done this month with two long day conference calls and then conference calls with the DM to review the message. HORIBBLE DAYS!!! NO matter how much you try, you never say all the words or you miss a part and then ITS WRONG!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Verbal vomiting is an SP favorite. I remember the days when the Pentacel message was two pages long and you had to nail it at POA certification in front of fake physicians er marketing. Let's face it...it's a commodity-based business where physicians look for contract savings not 5 component vs 3 component arguments. But hey when you just rotate leadership back and forth you get nothing new here.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard about those days, people were crying in the hall ways, people had nervous break downs etc.
    These messages are stupid and they change a few words or phrases from POA to POA and then they make a BIG DEAL of the new messages. Oh, we need to learn the new message,!! and then the DM follow up to review the stupid new message that now has a "new" question or a new sentence, and if you can not verbalize you are scolded and basically called" stupid" but not in those words but it comes across in their actions. And if you are one of the "lucky " reps to ride with the DM after the message meeting you are set for a very long day of scolding s and practice role play with the DM and others. You are then told , its wrong , lets do it again, NO you didn't trial close, NO, you forgot the phrase about the cough, etc, NO ,wrong! CAll me tomorrow to role play again!!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah I worked Vaccines 2 years, under a boss who always talked about the hot girls in the district. Like he would ever get a shot. I got $85,000 out of them and they acted like they were doing em a favor. I took another job paying $125,000. Not sure why I was thinking it was a good job but it wasn’t even challenging.
    Ps I also reported him.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are so right. The management here thinks they are the smartest people in the world!! And you are lucky that they give you the time of day when you ask. All they care about is how well you can recite a silly message to your doctors. They don't care about anything else

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just had an interview for an "entry level" vaccines job where base is 75-78k and bonus is 22k. At my former company, vaccines was the best paid job you can get, with a base around 120. The recruiter said there were essentially different levels within vaccines. Is this normal? I don't have any specialty or buy & bill experience - is it worth taking the pay cut to get B&B on my resume and then switch to a company paying more? Any thoughts appreciated.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes get some B&B then blow out of there when your year is up. Seriously.... Sanofi is known for horrible pay & micro-managing. At the end of the year however, you may be surprised. You may end up liking it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Vaccines reps are also just not making any money. I talked to one the other day and the base was $69,000. Seriously. Why would you do that. For experience? Life is short I told him. It's his life I guess he doesn't like to go on vacations or better himself. Unless you are poking needles in patients or diagnosing anyone.....you have the same experience as a pharma rep.
    Crazy Sauce