Vadadustat is toast

Discussion in 'Akebia' started by anonymous, Sep 18, 2020 at 1:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get your resumes together boys and girls

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought it was a minor setback but the price tells me Wall Street considers this ship as sunk. Analysts and people who follow these stock closer and with more experience and knowledge than I seem to agree this one is DOA. Assuming it does arrive at all.
    Even if it does get a contingent or provisional approval, there will be too much baggage to make a dent in a market that will already be established by a competitor with more to follow.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So is everyone here talking about jumping ship or riding it out?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Several have already jumped in the south.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In a vacuum, you are right, but Fibrogen/AZ are further ahead with Roxadustat that met their MACE end point. They'll be first to market with a clean label.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word is people are not happy with J Butler and his $1M annual salary. He is paid to perform and execute. Sorry to say but he needs to go to get some credibility back.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

are the non-competes in play or blown up?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is thinking of bailing here after ASN and conference call yesterday? Wall Street not impressed based on analyst reactions and I thought them only answering (reading their answers) to pre-selected questions showed fear/weakness unless no analysts planned to join the call. Didn’t think Cheetos did a great job instilling confidence or changing the narrative.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even with my beer goggles on vada is getting uglier by the minute. Roxa is going to kill us.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So is VAFSEO still toast? What say yee, oh wise FDA reviewers???

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s be honest here! we all knew this was going happen deep down! if Roxadustat didn’t get approved with that drug meeting it’s primary endpoint with MACE then why the heck would we get approval with weaker data and still the same safety concerns?? Duhhhh? Come on, The FDA would be questioned front to back, side to side, millimeter by millimeter on that decision versus roxadustat! That would stir the pot and ignite the engine conspiracy Amgen corruption that led to the drug not getting approved in the first place .Lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit, no way FDA would put themselves in that position.. Fda can’t go trough that! You all can all be biased as you want because we work here, but look at Roxadustats data, that is going to be the gold standard go to HIF inhibitor , not ours or GSK’s. I’m an extremely clinical nerd, and I challenge all of you to read the studies and you to will see for yourself why Roxa is going to lead the pack when all of us finally get approved in the next 2.5 to 4 years with more safety data. I sure wish I could get a position at AstraZeneca right now, At least they’re going to have the leader of the HIF pack in the future even if years away giving security to those jobs (which these days is a while other challenge in itself) have a good nephrology drugs currently they promote, and even though it’s big Pharma, I’d much rather be in that situation and position than the one we’re in right now. Off to the AZ career website I go! This SUCKS! Worst part about it is, I turn a job down with AstraZeneca 8 months ago for this!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may have not kept your job for very long had you joined AZ - they had a major restructuring, with hundreds let go last about 6 months ago (the layoffs affecting many divisions, including Renal/Nephrology). Their renal division is much smaller now.