Valeant acquiring Bausch-Lomb

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The black folders are on back order from Walmart. Just a matter of time.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So interesting how so many people just deny what is repeatedly told about Valeant. Denial won't change what is about to happen to a lot of people, both at Valeant and B&L.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medicis employees didn't want to believe all the rumors because Mike aka fat boy was such a good liar. "We will keep the Best of the Best" they let 3/4 of employees go wow there sure wasn't Best of Best yet they paid 2.6 billion for the company and the biggest lie "there will be more of Medicis employees in one year than Valeant employees". Guess Mikey hasn't heard "thou shall not lie".

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Valeant before we all got laid off in California. Mike Pearson is a liar. Remember that thread? Well, it has been deleted. How appropriate. It had the most views and posts of any thread on Valeant. It doesn't surprise me that the thread is gone. It told the truth as to what Mike Pearson is and how he is savagely ruining Valeant Pharmaceutical. Remember, when Valeant was in the business of helping patients? Those were the days. Not anymore! It's all about the money and what Mike Pearson gets at the end of the year as he destroys thousands and thousands of lives and families in his wake. I cannot believe that Mike Pearson is still around to continue to do this. He should be fired.

Anyone that does not heed the threads on CafePharma about Valeant is an idiot. How many times is it going to take to get your stupid people to listen to what has already happened to us and will soon be happening to you? Get a grip and listen up.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously you are NOT in the elite class of sales reps at B&L. You dumbass.
    You will STILL get the black folder, expect it in the next two weeks, you dumbass.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The deal is TOTALLY DONE. What part of it do YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
    The black folders are being forklifted into the front office at Valeant as I type this.

B&L, get over it, your time is done. Now is the time for Valeant, which is ONLY about driving up the stock share, IN THE SHORT TERM, by cutting, hacking, and slashing EVERYTHING except the CEO's job and his short list of close minions in the upper ranks of upper management.

Here is an apt description of the Valeant CEO and his upper ranks, as well as the shareholders from douchebag street, I mean Wallstreet....

Who Are You: You bark orders at waiters and never say thank you or please. Your sense of entitlement is only outweighed by your rudeness. Some small measure of success has made you actually believe that you’re better than other people so you treat others like 2nd class citizens and tend to be a glad-handing sycophant by day and insecure sad little child by night.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish there was a video of "the talk" that Pearson gave to Medicis employees at the Hyatt. Jonah really made him look like an idiot. He needed a chair couldn't even stand to say all his lies. He needs to buy a company with a weight loss drug. Fat pig.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pearson needs life in prison for all the white collar crime he has done.
    A federal pound him in the ass maximum penetration, I mean penitentiary prison, is what MP needs.
    He pretty much ass raped the former Biovail employees, the same and likewise should get done back to him.
    If not, he'll just get it even worse in Hell after he dies from his massive hear attack due to his shameless obesity.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Elite Here..... I never said I was in the Elite class of sales reps, but now that you mention it: Platinum Club and Sales Excellence. Calm down and stop the name calling. Of course we are not assured of anything 100%. And from what this board posts, this is going to get real crazy real fast. We have been told that no sales reps in Vision Care -contact lens and solution- will be let go. But anything can and will happen with this merger. After I submit my
    Expense report, I'm going to take y'all's advice and put together my résumé/brag book---sounds like this is the calm before the Black Folders.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a mess. What is going on around here?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must have just been born today

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure where you got those numbers for the IOL reps. They DO NOT make that much $$$$. As for the take over....just make it %$^&*#@ quick and put everyone out of their misery.
    THis is a no-win situation all around. If you get to stay, you are royally screwed...no money and crazy workload. The best scenario is to get packaged and run as fast as you can from the nearest exit. Hope the cheque doesn't bounce.

Any idea as to who calculates the packages. Is it Valeant or the company that they are taking over??

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Packages are based on tenure, but the WARN Act will guarantee at least 60 days severance regardless of tenure. Valeant typically deals with WARN as a pay out, so those with at least a year's service will receive 60 days severance to cover WARN. Obviously, if your tenure exceeds the minimum WARN severance, you'll receive the equivalent of your length of service - whichever is greater (I believe ours was 2 wks for every year of service).

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started working for B&L in February. Everything I've read suggests that I won't be eligible for severance pay since I've been with the company for only 6 months. However, my coworkers at B&L assured me that Valeant could not let me go without some type of severance compensation. Do they even know what they're talking about?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe at least one year of service is necessary to qualify for severance. If you were dealing with a fair / generous company, your co-workers might be correct, but don't bet on Valeant being fair or generous. Your best bet is to start looking for another job now regardless of severance. Good luck to you...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no law requiring an employer to pay severance; most do but typically not under 1 year. WARN requires severance be paid after 6 months, so if the sale date falls just shy of your six month anniversary, you would not be covered: http://www.doleta.gov/programs/factsht/warn.htm.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe it depends on what is agreed with acquistion. Medicis got a great severance and everyone walked away with some cash. But with just one year service you probably aren't going to get more than 60 days. So yes start looking if you need to work :)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, thanks to Jonah, who was looking out for his people. B&L folks have no champion - with Warburg Pincus LLC on one end, Pearson on the other, and McKinsey in the middle, they shouldn't expect more than what the law requires (WARN). Mike's # 1 goal is to reduce the cost of this deal, and concern for the employees is never in the equation.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

alcon IOL rep made 300 last year. crystalens rep made 500k with eyeonics year B&L bought it out.. suck it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will Valeant take away my 5000 dollar life insurance? This was to be used for my burial. The policy has been turned over to my funerral home.I am 85 years old.