Vanda

Discussion in 'Vanda Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 7, 2016 at 2:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) on Friday recommended the approval of eight new medicines after its Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) met to discuss the drugs earlier this week.

The agency also issued negative opinions for Nektar and Daiichi Sankyo's breast cancer drug Onzeald (etirinotecan pegol) and Vanda Pharmaceuticals' schizophrenia drug Fanaptum (iloperidone).

The USA Fanapt team was told that no money was being invested in speakers or marketing materials because of the focus on Europe. Nice job, Chief Commercial Officer. It looks like yet another failure in the string of failures that GP has brought to Vanda.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom ignored questions about this during last week's town hall. Nothing like ignoring the elephant in the room. Did Tom's bosses forbid the discussion? Do they assume that this news was not noticed by field sales?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fanapt flops in Europe, GP comes up with brilliant plan to replace European Fanapt sales with Hetlioz sales on psychiatrists!?!? How many more failed ideas can GP have?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many field reps have quit from the 50? 115? How many territories have had double turnover? Does management even care?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am almost out of here. Regional management and above will not stop comparing Fanapt to all of the competitors and their numerous indications that Fanapt does not possess. You are ignored when your sales are good but if you have one or two low weeks, the beatings, spreadsheets and action plans begin. Do not allow your top writers to take vacation, become ill and definitely not retire or die as their low numbers will be your fault.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The mid day West IC call proved how out of touch the DC number nerds and management is with the field. A plan that rewards NO ONE for being at or under 95% - what kind of company does not pay at least 85 or 90%??? The multipliers are just lipstick on the pig as no district hit 100% in Q2 and probably will not for Q3. Cheap Vanda found another way not to minimize bonus payments with the multipliers. You may be doing well but your bonus depends on your district. Last time I checked, we were each responsible for our own territory. You can pretend it is a good plan but it is just plain shit. Your bonus depends on the worst territory in your district. You are now reponsible for a district, not a territory.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Judging from the IC plan presentation, they don't care if they lose all of the sales force. Worst plan ever. WTF does district performance have to do my territory?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yawn Jan has no idea what he is talking about. Did he design the piece of shit? The individual multiplier is not independent, it depends on the district!!!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The east call was bad too. Jan said 100 percent was the same as 160 percent and had no idea why he was asked so many times about it. Tom revealed the truth that the imbecile CEO was behind everything being tied to the district numbers. That is a stealth way to pay much less than is earned. The turnover in reps will intensify.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No you can be at 10 percent to your goal and get a 60 percent bonus if your district is over 100 percent plus then the other muliplier. So, you can totally be a bottom feeder in a good district and get money but a kick ass rep in a crap district pays for your bonus. How stupid is Vanda?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very stupid and completely void of common sense. You can be ranked last and get 60 percent PLUS the district multiplier and walk away with almost as much money as the top representatives.

You have no control over your bonus as you have no control over someone else's territory. Vanda would prefer you make your bonus elsewhere, maybe driving for Uber between calls.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I like it. I collected big money last quarter and was assuming I would get nothing this quarter as my numbers are in the toilet. But, I can now sit back and watch as my district is doing well and I will still get a good bonus. Thank team for carrying my dead weight.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No district will finish above 100% again this quarter. Dr CEO will make sure of that! The big bonus money is all illusion that will never be reality. Vanda is cheap and slimy.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yawn was obviously just the GP MP bitch. No sane person would ever design an IC plan that fucks 90 percent of the field representatives. My manager is kissing RSD ass saying how we love the plan while we all want to walk out on this piece of shit company. The sampling metric debacle was nothing compared to this horrid idea.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Vanda rep hotline nationwide has said that anyone 101percent or more ahead of plan is completely shut down until the end of the third quarter. Especially so in districts that are not doing well. There is no incentive whatsoever to sell even one more Fanapt Rx. What company teases employees with bonus money that has so many obstacles to obtain?. My resume is updated. Recruiter said she had many Vanda resumes today, not surprising

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My entire district has been interviewing elsewhere. Probably manager too.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even with no Fanapt speakers and no Fanapt detail pieces, the entire district (including vacant territories) must grow another 5 percent or you will not even get your target bonus. My district is screwed and morale hit an all time low this weak. Vanda is such a cold, uncaring place to work.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager is drinking the Vanda kool aid and trying to motivate us with this IC plan. Seriously, no one on the team is buying the bullshit. Any respect left for management is completely gone.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The plan was designed by Jan at the direction of GP and MP and no input from the managers or reps. What did you expect? Jan has never spent a minute in the field and pulled the IC plan out of a book on designing IC plans. The team component that GP and MP are spearheading is just another crazy idea like sampling metrics in an IC plan but even worse for morale. The DC crew does not have any respect for the field or they would have included field input in the design of the plan - real field input from the actual soldiers on the ground. The managers all hate the plan but are afraid to be honest. Just when things could not get worse, they did.