Vanda

Discussion in 'Vanda Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 7, 2016 at 2:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the territories are sized well. Also, this drug is no different than the other atypicals which are all used and have been used off-label for years. If you promote on-label what is to stop a provider from using it off label? Do the right thing and stay on-label. I think there is a place for this drug.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Promoting a medicine indicated for adult schizophrenia to a physician that does not treat schizophrenia is unethical. Being measured against medicines that HAVE other indications looks highly questionable. The on-label promotion with the hint of "use it how you know best, doctor" is easier than getting a new indication but shows the lack of integrity of management.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought they were calling on Mental Health clinics and hospital units?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would any Psych prescribe a branded atypical with limited indications, when generic atypicals with superior efficacy, more indications and lower cost are available?

Fanapt flopped with a larger Novartis sales force and more promotional dollars behind it.

Vanda is deluding themselves by trying to breathe new life into this failed molecule.

Anyone taking these jobs are walking into a dead-end, short term morass of misery and a blot on your resume.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales calls will be made on whoever the CCO does not delete from your database. You may be left with primary care doctors that wrote 1 refill prescription for Fanapt in 2009. Or you may be told to call on top writers of branded atypical antipsychotics which are office based and do not treat schizophrenia. Who should be called on does not match the marching orders from the dictators CCO and CEO and their continued failing strategies. The adult schizophrenia patient is not a concern, it is about making $$ for Vanda in whatever way is possible.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"You think". I think you are a kool aid swilling new hire manager who was in desperate need of a paycheck! You seriously think someone with schizophrenia can manage a BID drug let alone a daily med? To achieve what is asked, you are going to put yourself at risk. But you keep believing, that's one less resume we have to compete with!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow you are bitter. If you dont work here and aren't interested in the drug then why are you on this board? Get on with your life.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow you are bitter. If you dont work here and aren't interested in the drug then why are you on this board? Get on with your life.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If currently out of work, accept the job but keep looking for a real job. This definitely looks like a job to pay some bills but not a place to count on being around long term.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, I'm here. You just haven't been around long enough to see the futility of Fanapt.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do know that everyone is looking for a new job don't you?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone get an offer after interviewing in Dallas last week?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, $65K.I have to take it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I took it too. Sucks!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The recruiter said $100k, they were adding bonus I guess. But better to continue to look when you already have a job I guess.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So are there room mates at training?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was very disappointed that my recruiter lied about the base salary.
    Totally Sucks.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disappointed? You have to be a complete and utter idiot to think you're going to get a base of 100k in this business, particularly from a contract co. That's the whole point of contract companies, to save money for the client. Jeez. Besides, even manufacturers aren't starting people at 100 any more.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We were told it was direct hire not contract.