Vascular Access Position STL. MO

Discussion in 'Smiths Medical' started by Anonymous, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just looking for some insight, have been contacted by recruiters on a Vascular Position in St. Louis. Being told territory is at plan and previous rep moving to another area/territory in company. If anyone can share the "Real" deal on what is happening with Comp and Division it would be greatly appreciated. Have seen allot of Negatives about Smiths Med here ???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure what happened to the rep but the territory is the second worst in the division. Good luck making over $90K!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VA has a great product in the Port-a-Cath....10 years ago. If you are looking to break into medical device, and are having trouble getting in, then the job is fine for 2 years. Problem is, we don't keep up with our competition, our marketing team is a joke, we have no money, and they can't perform basic operations like file 510K's on a timely manner. I know a bunch of people in this company that work like dogs and when it came time to close a huge deal that would get them to goal for the year, product is on back order or they don't have basic features that EVERYONE else has. Crazy. When the market screams what they want and the company refuses to provide it, it's extremely frustrating.

Here's the bottom line: If $90K is acceptable, if you don't mind having antiquated products to sell, a clueless manager (I think it's Kirk and he's a colossal deuche bag. He's never sold a thing before and he's a freaking RBM), a Napoleonic NSM, and a marketing team who never fails to dissappoint, then take the gig. This is a "C" or "D" level company. Sorry.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just some feedback on this discussion.... but didnt these guys just close on the biggest account in this territory, if the product is old and they cant sell, how did they manage to land the big one ??? any feedback on this and is it really the worst territory in VA..

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know about the territory but if they won a huge account out there, there are only 2 possible reasons: Price and a dual lumen power injectable port. No one has them.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above poster, thanks for the response and yes.. it was because of the power port they (The 2 mentioned in the previous posts) were making some big claims about it.
    For anyone that cares.. after meeting the 2 individuals mentioned in the above posts and reading the negative comments on these two, the poster nailed it. Having been in large corporation medical sales, much larger than smiths med.. these 2 have a bubbled up mentally that only applies to their current culture. Which the more senior of the two has clearly been in far to long. Would love to see these two get out there in the job market and get eaten alive. With one them acting like a lap dog and the other conducting a blind leading the blind exercise I wonder how this division hits ebit or even comes close.. unless stuff is just falling in their lap. I can now see why all the negativity and what sounds like a mass exodus in all the other posts for this company exist.

Sincerely, Running like Hell ...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I agree that those two are clowns, I've read this post a dozen times and still have no idea what you're talking about. Are you illiterate or were you just drunk at the time of writing this?

You mention these two would be eaten up in the current job market. I'd advise you to at least complete your GED before sending your resume out.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you're missing the point...or you are one of the deuche bags we're talking about. Let's stay on the point of the discussion rather than "spelling" or "grammer". A retort that focuses on something other than the discussion is weak and easily pushed aside.

Focus and try again. With practice, you can form a good retort/argument and re-enter the discussion. Until then, piss off.

Look, bottom line is this company is good to get out of pharma. Nothing more. They hire inexperienced managers, promote marketing people that single handedly prevented reps from making quota from backorders for Q2, they don't listen to customers or reps regarding product improvements, and offer out dated products that are generations behind modern devices.

Now, ANY possible retort to this has to be gooooooood.....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you re-read I was agreeing with you. I'm also not going after your grammer or spelling. The fact is those sentences just didn't make sense. Deal with it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the poster on 1-18 and 1-22, you can read it a hundred times and still not get it. You are obviously out of pharma and have not been in major medical sales. Anyone who has been around in Large Medical Sales organizations gets the post. You don't even know what "ebit" is stupid little F*%k. Your just another jack-off who hides behind the internet and makes stupid irrelevant comments, you obviously cant understand how management behavior creates cultures and performance in sales organizations. Here Dumb Ass: EBIT
    "By excluding both taxes and interest expenses, the figure hones in on the company's ability to profit and thus makes for easier cross-company comparisons." It is a direct measure of a NSM's performance....within the company and against other divisions.
    But here, maybe this makes sense to you, Go get in your Taurus, file your sample card and go pick up lunch... D'bags like you make posting anything here a waste of time, so whatever your F..ing dumb ass retort is gonna be save it I wont be back wasting anymore time because of stupid little a-holes like you F-wad..

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow dude, run don't walk to your local therapist and get some help. That was worse than the majority troll posts on the pharma side!

You have helped me though. If they hired your psychotic ass I know I can sleep-walk through the interview process and still get it!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yikes! Somebody was burned by Pharma...glad you are a Napoleonic "device rep"....yep, that's right, you're still a rep - you just hated Pharma b/c the game played you.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please be kind..we are all trying to do a good job and be happy in our careers

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recently contacted by a recruiter on possibly the same position as listed here.
    Just looking into Smiths Med, but based on the comments don't see a whole lot of positive things here and curious if this position was previously open and now open again.
    Just looking for some feedback before deceiding to call the recruiter back.

Thanks!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone share the base pay for this opportunity?

The ad for this position says they prefer a 'recent college grad.'

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The real deal is that BD has been kicking your ASS for years...