Verathon???

Discussion in 'Verathon' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2008 at 1:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the only reason anyone would join this company:
    1) they don't have a job
    2) they have a job, accept before doing their research
    3) somehow offered way more money than they are already making - probably won't happen
    4) completely desperate

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or they were lied to about income potential. I know KC used to tell reps they would make 200k+ in PP.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the poor soul who will be taking over my position when I leave at the end of this month, I have two words for you: good luck! No matter what the hiring manager or recruiter says, do your homework and make evidence based decisions before signing on.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are interviewing and are offered a position, DO NOT accept without a SALARY that is much higher than you already make. This is a shit company with no future career options.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup! All of this is true. At least 3 top tenured people are leaving. NY rep, CA rep and another in the Midwest somewhere. More are interviewing and a lot left this year already. Pretty sad when the company doesn't even care that the people that got it where it is are leaving. The only reason is we are all getting screwed over by all these new "leaders" that don't know jack about real sales. Bring in the mediocre B2b reps!! They think they can buy 15+ years of hospital sales experience. It's going to cost them a lot more than the 5% they are screwing us on in the long run. Don't these guys have business degrees? Don't work here. There are way too many great jobs out there that actually pay you when you sell their aging, troubled products and know the value of sales talent. This company thinks it's better than it is and will step on their own employees to "get ahead". Run!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As the previous posted stated-DO NOT come here without a guaranteed salary that is much higher. If you don't you will regret it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company has never been better.
    Amazing to see people invest so much energy after they quit.
    This is a phenomenal company. End of story.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the President is a douchebag, what does that say about you?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perfect example of the delusional, clueless people that run this sorry excuse for a company. Never been better?? Why is everyone leaving then? People are tired of thisand want to warn candidates. Never been better for you because the reps are making you rich. It won't last forever. More are on their way out.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It says I currently work for a douche bag.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i cannot stress enough how important it is for you to do homework before you sign on with this bullshit company. you have no one to blame except for yourself if you neglect to do proper research. this site has pages and pages of valuable information that provides great insight what is going on. take the time to read the boards and challenge the hiring managers on why the turnover rate is so high when business is supposedly so good.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not leave your current position for this company no matter what they pay you, believe me, you will immediately regret this decision.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that candidates should do their homework before joining Verathon or any company for that matter. However, no one is going to find factual information on this board. The posts here are clearly just a few very vocal disgruntled ex (or soon to be ex) employees who are bitter because they couldn't cut it. You want factual information, talk to the current sales reps instead of reading this garbage.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who couldnt cut it? ca and Nyc reps that quit cut it for many many years if I'm not mistaken. President's clubs +bonuses. Both were always at the top and knew their territories and products well. But excutives would rather not pay and hoard the money for themselves and backfill with mediocre talent. This company doesn't even pretend to care about its employees or turnover. Its the elephant in the room that people are dropping like flies and it's not all THEIR fault. Do you even work at the same place. This must be Hr doing damage control.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea, I'm sure people have been typing up lies for years over this company. Recruiters, reps, and other companies know that Verathon is garbage.

What has the company came out with in the last 7 years? Without new products to sell this company will go under, its not hard to see that. The aortaSCAM is a joke and doesn't work and will cost someone their life based on a false negative. Glidescope was a good product but competitors are offering a good product at half the price. Bladderscan is needed but has a 10+ year lifespan and is therefore saturated.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact 1. All of the top sales reps and managers have left or on their way out. If you dont believe me, look at the before and after pictures from the Miami sales meeting.
    Fact 2. Bladder scanners sales are so saturated that we are now in the used Bladder scanner business. That means we are competing against eBay and distressed hospitals that are selling their old scanners because they have so many of them. You will work ur ass off for $200 commission. Used Bladder scanner program is featured on the website. Joy!
    Fact 3. All of the true innovators who were the brains of the company were pushed out. The engineering team focuses their time on tweaking existing products (next generation BS and GS) and has no balls to work on anything ground breaking. I'm sorry, a new metal titanium blade is not a new product; it's just another part number.

Unfortunately, I found out all this information after signing on and returning from training. Have a fun summer!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks grim. You should quit. I heard Burger King is hiring.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much sums it up. Whether we want to face the facts or not, with these products we will not grow as an org past what we are doing today. The new boy way we win is through acquisitions. We have Decent products in an extremely mature and saturated market. Company would probably do just as good with sales reps on the phone pushing this stuff.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are true statements. I asked the former rep and confirmed. I'm sorry but I won't be signing on.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you put more stock in anonymous posts on the internet more than the person interviewing you, don't come work here. People have had the same complaints no matter who the leaders were.

The company is performing extremely well, and sales are better than any point in company history.