Verizon Discount Cancellation

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by anonymous, Feb 10, 2018 at 3:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I'm sitting at my kitchen counter trying to make sense of the severance package on Friday morning when I receive a text from Verizon notifying me that my corporate discount has been cancelled since I am no longer with Purdue. Seriously? How freaking petty. I'd like to know which Home Office asshat made the decision to call Verizon IMMEDIATELY and inform them of the termination of their reps.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i got it too. Ridiculous

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stay Classy PP!!! LOL..classic!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was called yesterday morning before 8 AM with a person trying to get me to return the car before the end of the day...I told them to FO and Call me next week.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone needs to verify but I think you can keep the car thru the severance if they are not paying out on one lump sum. Delay delay delay pick up of the car. What are they gonna do....fire you?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So when you were looking at your severance package, did you see anything about health care costs after your severance period runs out?

I could swear that the woman reading the slides on the 200 PM WebEx said that Purdue will pay for the company part of health care benefits AFTER our severance period runs out.

Not so according to the severance agreement.....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe she did say something about Purdue paying part of the healthcare benefits until then. Did she mean COBRA? Very expensive. I guess I'll be looking elsewhere for my insurance.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Purdue has crappy insurance. Expensive for very poor coverage. Get your own or go on our spouses.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry everyone. I was reading my cell bill and then opened my severance package. $50 bucks versus a shitty job market

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder when the submitted the names. Had to be at least a week ago

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was retained and received the text regarding my phone bill.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shitty job market? The unemployment rate is 4.1 %.

There are a lot of jobs out there - you just have to look for them.

The best way to forget about Purdue is to get another job in the industry ASAP while double dipping from Purdue severance and from your new pharma job.....while you watch the continued sinking of Purdue.

Just be sure to get another pharma job before the 235 remaining TBMs are possibly laid off in the next few months. Just a thought.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There a several contradictory statements in the severance packet. In one location the verbage states that after the notice period of a whopping 2 weeks, Purdue and it's billions will be so kind as to continue to pay their share until the severance time is out. Minimum of 8 weeks to max of 52, depending on tenure.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Max of 52 weeks is BS if someone had been with the company for 20 years. It should be one month per year

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to FANTASY ISLAND

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thats pretty standard in the industry FYI

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea....and so is following the WARN Act by giving a 60 day notice of layoffs.

No - it was a 1 week notice at PP.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are upset at the wrong company. Purdue did not give you the discount - Verizon did. Do you think you should still have the discount although you no longer work for Purdue?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope. Must have been something Purdue did like switch cell phone companies for HO or something. Sounds like the whole Corp discount package from Verizon was canc. I was let go a year ago and I got the notice just like u guys did.