ViiV is untouchable

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Mar 5, 2019 at 10:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came from GSK resp and this i sadly on point.

I’m making $130k and drive a free Ford Edge while making fake calls along with my two pod mates selling the hell out of Juluca.

This is the best gig on earth. I fill out spreadsheets, wink at my ViiV RSD who came from respiratory (like me and most of us).

Butt kissing and spreadsheets for good money is all we need to do for at least a few more years. It’s the best deal on earth.

Find another job that pays so much to do so little as a ViiV TAM. Juluca or D3 sales do not matter. HIV is going to roll strong for at least 4 years which is all that I need. Facts

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Respiratory was once untouchable. Flovent, Serevent, Flonase, Verymist, of course Advair and the second coming Breo. The division is now in complete free-fall. Everyone knows there is only two years left. Of course we were untouchable...This is GSK. They will find a away to screw things up. Viiv will probably be sold off. So I wouldn't be so confident.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some truth, if you survive the known salesforce reduction coming in 2019. Just be a better butt kisser and spreadsheeter than 1 of your Pod Mates and you should be fine.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even though the micromanagement is insane, since I don’t have any sales pressure with Juluca doing no worse in my geo than anywhere else, GSK needs ViiV sales and cant afford to cut back with D3 regardless. I say quit if you do not like making $125k upwards while working 3 hours a day where 2 hours are driving.

This is the easiest job I have had in my career. Kissing RSD butt during teleconferences and field rides is well worth the big money and free car. There are no 6 figure pharma or medical sales jobs as easy as this one. it will last at least 3 more years. At that point I am cool with it. I have put up with GSK for over 20 years and do not have an issue with knocking out a few “calls” on Veeva each day. Easiest money.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bingo! Well said.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$125 is a lot of money? What a joke, you sit for $125 a year, think you’ve hit the big time. Well I was making $125 15 years ago. Let me tell you where the big money is. It’s called “Qui Tam”. We will just call it “QT”. Once you get your lump sum, let’s just say it’s $25 million. Once you right the check to the IRS your left with about $17 million and change. Well then you can put it in a money market, or fairly safe fund making between 2.5 - 3% and you bring down just shy of $500,000 per year doing even less than you have to do for your chump change. QT is the way to go.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone knows that ViiV reps don’t have to sell a thing to hang on at GSK. I admit it is amazing. My RSD chills and we work it out.

Yeah, I do enjoy my free silver Ford Edge. Best no work high pay job ever.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

enjoy it, rumor has you are next on the chopping block

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol!! Thanks for the insight.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same here. My RSD just wants to hang on to his salary just like me. We grab a good lunch, update “business trackers”, review the 2-3 scripts C4W on IQ2020, and call it a hard day of work. I love this job as what isn’t to like?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did it! No more selling Juluca, or any other 2DR dog that will never exceed a 5% Market Share. I’m tired of getting my ass kicked and begging customers for crumbs. I’m giving my 2 weeks Monday, before the layoffs. On to greener pastures. Good luck to all my peers surviving the cuts.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice try. It is entertaining though.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I like your RSDs way of thinking. I’m going to see if our RSD will let us fill out trackers all day during field rides vs me doing them at home. I typically have a lunch and a call on the one doc who hasn’t laughed us out of the office with Juluca.

This is a good job if you can play the game. My bonus is no better or worse than anyone else’s in the country, so why bust ass selling?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For ViiV survival it is easy. I just book more lunches, programs than the pod/district average, and keep the RSD happy. D3 and Juluca will not do any better or worse, but is the key to job longevity.

This. Is. Not. Difficult.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bictarvy television commercials are showing all over the place and proving again that Gilead is the market leader. For the foreseeable future viiv will be a niche therapy company! EAT OUR DUST VIIV!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nonsense like catering lunches may keep you out of trouble during these dumb days at viiv, but when the layoffs come (and they will) don’t believe for a nanosecond that the methodology will value your catering skills. The biggest factor in downsizing is compliance and avoiding lawsuits and the vendors that provide the service do not care about your lunches. Enjoy your false sense of sales success but you are a lamb being led to slaughter. Someday at an interview and after you share your lunch schedule with the interviewer please come back here and share how that went. Rube.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And your just realizing this now. Let’s see, Juluca and Biktarvy launched at basically the same time a little over a year ago and, I’m not positive but I believe Juluca has well under 1/10th the Market Share of Biktarvy and is flat while Biktarvy continues to grow. I’m at ViiV, and I know this race was over before it started. DTG/3TC won’t be any better either.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dovato is going to be Huge and crush Biktarvy!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biktarvy is a 3DR, what exactly does Juluca or the next failure do?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where the hell have you been?! It does the same thing with fewer long-term side effects. It has a place in the market and will reach $1 billion+ in sales. Will it become the market leader? Probably not, but it will have its place. Just as CAB will. So get out and do your job and stop worrying so much!