ViiV

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:09 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That ad is truly cringe worthy. Does anyone else switch channels? I am of the opinion that TV spots rarely sell a drug, but a bad ad is way worse than having no ads at all.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most of the recent Pharma commercials are ALL really bad. Cringe worthy= the cheesy music of old outdated songs that are playing in the background of fake cheesy scenarios!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hilarious - I don’t work in the HIV space here at GSK, but this commercial is literally one of the most cringe worthy I have ever seen. I can’t even watch.....I do like the “gift” for her Birfday

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a competitor who got Shingrix. Made me feel like complete crap both times I got injection. If it keeps me from getting shingles, fine, but it was NOT a fun experience, TWICE. Still, as bad as it was, it does seem the data is fantastic despite the crappy side effects.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true. Plan on taking a sick day the da after taking the shot. Flu like symptoms including fever. Not pleasant at all.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now what? The HIV shot was just denied by the FDA.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If all you know is primary care, everything looks like primary care.

Fink knows metrics and reach and frequency. That’s being generous.

She has never had a successful launch at Sanofi or Novartis. Why would anyone expect her to do it here?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow - that is terrible news. I think ViiV is done. The 2DR failures aren’t going to carry us. The shot was supposed to be our savior. We are screwed....

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The "shot" was not denied. Just a few tweaks in manufacturing. I would guess a 3 - 6 month delay. This is not uncommon. The bigger picture point to K. Fink and her incompetence. This is a perfect reason as to why you do not hire an entire sales force when there was already more than enough sales personnel in place. What will this new division do in the mean time? This could have been avoided. Almost anyone with any amount of experience knows this. She is focused on all the wrong metrics. Despite what she believes, this is a specialty division in more ways than one. Someone needs to drill this through her thick head. ViiV will survive. However, the culture Fink has brought will linger. All of this needs to be brought up to Waterhouse and Baxter. Time to take ViiV back! Allow the positive energy to return. Believe me, customers and shareholders alike will celebrate!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is incredibly bad news. Multiple points of concern from the FDA (chemistry, manufacturing, control). This is, at a minimum, a 1 year delay. Why would we even launch this in a year when very soon after that a much easier to administer, longer lasting shot will be launched? This is the nail in the coffin.....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree, we are done

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep we're done. Just flush the 5 billion in annual sales down the drain. Close the shop boys. What a joke! This is may be a nail in the coffin for the inj reps but only for six months. CAB will come to market. These type of delays are normal. Fink, Baxter and Waterhouse should have anticipated this very common occurrence. Those three individuals make millions of combined dollars annually. Another words, they make the big bucks. In return they are supposed to make sound business decisions. Someones head should roll over this. Fink is the most obvious in my opinion. Never should have hired an additional sales force. She had better make this right and make it happen asap! Many people have voiced their concern over this hiring decision. Ms. Fink, are you beginning to see why? You have placed loyal hard working employees job in jeopardy. People with mortgages, families, student loans etc. Time for you to have a taste of humble pie. Most importantly, you need to shore up this jobs currently in place. Mrs. Baxter, you have some explaining to do as well. I hope you address this at our meeting in January...if there is a meeting in January.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My guess is this. They are going to push all resources to fix this in the next 3,6,12 months. The new injectable sales force will likely help with Dovato with priority in training for the Cab launch. If its delayed any longer than a year there will be trouble and heads rolling. This is a priority fast tracked HIV review product.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“In other words” not “Another words” Ha ha. Drug rep dumb ass.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We can spin this any way we want. Fact is, this is worst case scenario. A SHRINKING 5 Billion dollar business, built on an 8 or 9 Billion dollar projections for 2020. Dovato and Juluca with the worst launches in HIV history, and SIGNIFICANTLY UNDER projections. Our Gold Standard, Triumeq and Tivicay, losing at a much greater Clip than anticipated and not being recovered by 2DR.

All that and our injectable lead in, now gone, against what all customers say is a much more potent and much, much easier to administer injectable that will get 95%+ of the injection business. This is really bad.

The sky is falling

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, way to be Debby Downer. Maybe you should stop making things up. Wait to hear more details about the delay and how long it will take to resolve. This happens.

The other post about Kristin Fink, she didn’t design the studies and submit the protocol to the FDA. If it just takes more paperwork then a few months won’t really matter. If its more than that then be worried.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As an insider, I can tell you with certainty this isn’t made up. This is really bad news, and puts everyone in the division in serious jeopardy......

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To all the Chicken Littles out there. Let's take a reasonable look at things.

1. ViiV as a company is not going anywhere. Could there be a downsizing? Hell yes! 3 to a territory is too many. 2 per is the perfect size.
    2. The FDA asking for more info. This is a very common thing regarding NDAs. If you have been in this industry for any length of time, you should know this. Based on what the FDA is asking for we have to wait and see. If it's more than a year, that division will be toast. Less than a year, the division will be running around delivering HIV educational info to physicians and specialty pharmacy. Too costly to hire fire and re-hire.
    3. K. Fink. No, she did not design the studies. She did make the decision to expand our division with mostly outside personnel. We already had the manpower. Colossal mistake. Classic example of counting chickens before they've hatched. She should be held accountable. L. Baxter should also own this. She is the President of North America ViiV. If CAB does not come to market my summer of 2020, both should be replaced.
    4. As far as this company being modeled at making 8 billion per year, keep in mind, this company is extremely profitable! We are very small. Although we are about 100 people too many based on the CAB expansion.
    At the end of the day, we may see a 25% cut. Most of those will be retirement. So chill out. Enjoy the holidays and focus on the important things in life.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the pep talk GSK HR

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No way we don’t see massive downsizing after this news - we are toast