Vistakon Contacts

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Jan 27, 2007 at 3:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get back to work Dave

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just found this thread by default. I know this is a sales rep. forum; however, I would love to give you an inside peek at the customer service dept.....Where do I begin? I worked as a customer svc. rep. for 8 yrs. I left in 2003 as they sucked the life out of me and many others. You would go in for your shift and there would be anywhere from 8K to 13K calls in que. On the phone w/only a gasp of air between ea. call. Stats revealed # of calls and time on system ea. day. If off even for 5 mins., team leaders sending you an e-mail for an explanation (other than breaks & lunch). Sometimes you had a bad call & just needed to recoup. Time off - they only allowed 5 ppl a day off. It did not matter if you had 3 wks. vacation on the books & needed the day off, you could not get it. We had to know in June what days we wanted off for the holidays, i.e. Thanksgiving or Christmas, because they held a lottery. If you knew you needed M-F (using vacation) you put in for it and they would draw names. Many times you got M,T and F. That left W and Thurs. that you did not get drawn for...Too bad was their almighty motto. I could go on and on but this post would be longer than it is now. The team leaders sucked and so did all the C/S managers. I'll start with Christine Dooley, Juanita Bradley, Ed Miller and Eileen (?) The pay & benefits were great, but i never felt so liberated after leaving this co. Oh and BTW, WalMart sucked!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post. I too left the company and check in from time to time here to keep updated on whats happening. I was a sales rep. I could go on and on about how miserable my Vistakon experience was, but its not even worth my time. All i'll say is leaving was the best decision I ever made. Every meeting we had turned in to salereps bitching about how much they hated their jobs...i couldn't take it any more. For those of you that want to leave and hate Vistakon...do it. There are opportunites out there, especially for educated business people and you have J & J on your resume. I'm making great money, company car, phone - but don't deal with ANY of the bullshit that I used to.
    I know you all have thought about picking up the phone and telling your manager that you are quitting...let me tell you....it is so sweet and I have never felt more liberated.
    Try it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you are livving the dream. I'll bet a lot of Vistakon people make their way to Lifescan now that Vistakon's president was named Lifescan president. Contact lenses-blood glucose monitors--similar? I guess.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey corporate robots...whats the latest at Vistakon??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least two DMs were let go last week.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are all the old former Vistakon Pharma people doing on the contact lens side? I know a lot went over there in the last year - Cathy, Colleen, Mary, Beth and a bunch of reps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which two DM's were let go?

9. I know Dave Junkins was one of them. I think Steve Willuweit was the other.

Also, Sneed announced (via email) that 180 more positions would be cut from home office staff. I don't think the sales force was affected with this tho.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm currently interviewing with Vistakon. The territory is a very large mid Atlantic city. The district managers initials are SC. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She likes to see excellent sales results. Not interested in all the admin bullshit. If numbers are good, you can be late for expenses, not enter call notes. Very cool laid back manager...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have fun driving 5 hrs to a Wal-Mart

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHA - I think some people may even have to fly to some of their territory....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vistakon is a joke....I hate it here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know that name of the Houston Manager? I see they have a position open and im thinking about applying. Are they a good manager?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Houston Manager is one of the best.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are all a bunch of jerkoffs. That was probably the Houston manager that responded to you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what ever happened to the MD rep? worked with him at Vistakon Pharma, nice guy

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HOW IS THE MANAGER IN AZ? How is the AZ Market?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have the contact info for the recruiter in the Northeast for VISTAKON positions?