Tags: Edit
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Came from pharma and work for VITAS. It is OK. I actually like my team and the job but I have a million other competitive hospice companies and all my hospitals have their own hospice. This is harder than selling snow to eskimos and, no, we do not have anything remarkable.

OK, the new software: HCRM is OK but what we are supposed to put in the system takes F O R E V E R, is useless and redundant. This is all courtesy of that fat asshole Joe P. That idiot is wondering why sales are down. I can tell you. We are spending three hours a day recording shit on our Ipads so he can read spreadsheets in his underwear, and another few hours trying to figure out who to see inside the ACOs. Here is the clincher: Get in to discuss our performance data with the execs and then what? Ask Joe how the fuck this results in a referral to hospice. The only time this will matter is when each facility has a preferred list and even then - they will just stick their own hospice on there. He's got us so off track we might as well be calling on the OR to sell hospice services.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am actually trying to post an applause gif here cause this is exactly what's going on.

[​IMG] [/url]

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe Priestas is an abomination to the sales industry. His "leadership style" has resulted in almost 50% turnover rates of sales reps in the country in 2014 . Anyone with an ounce of self respect will not stand for the deplorable way he regards and treats employees

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vitas is a company which was founded on great principles. The sad part is that the programs which are supervised by Mary Kay Sassetti and Joe Priestas are being torn apart by a Bullying RDMD (Joe) and a VP, who cannot make a decision on her own thoughts. Corporate management seemed to be snowed by these two and have allowed Joe to bring in HCRM, without adequate training. This software has reduced call quality and average as all Joe and Mary Kay care about are call notes. They are worthless in front of customers although they continue to snow the Corp Mgt team even though they never get into the field.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is it that there is always sales positions posted on the New Jersey area? The west jersey location has 4 or 5 listings for the same exact job? Is turnover that high? Do I not want to work here?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got an offer at 65,000. Waiting for HR paperwork & background check. Funny thing is I never concented to one. lol. What is there bakground check process like? Any info on that lol.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Find out if your RDMD is Joe Priestas. If he is and you get through his attack style interview, take the job but only until you find another. This guy is an arrogant back stabber. He can't train but he's Vitas' go to trainer (tells you much about the company). He angers key customers but you are required to set up meetings for him. As long as this guy stays with Vitas, the longer they will continue to lose good reps and managers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Vitas....L Kaufmann

Nobody's heard of him here? Wow, busted on his resume....

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is Hospice sales at Vitas? How hard is it to get referrals from first time Hospitals and Doctors? Who is the main competitors? I have been in DME and Pharma, I am thinking about a Hospice rep position.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before you apply to work at Vitas find out two things:
    -Is the VPO Mary Kay Sassetti?
    -Is the RDMD Joe Priestas?

If the answer to these questions is yes (they are a sickening package deal), do not apply. Wait until they run the Chicago Program into the ground and then apply to start the rebuilding. These two have single handedly created a toxic work environment and systematically they will continue to make poor business decisions (or just never make a decision) which will result in the continued negative spiral of this region. If you don't believe me, interview with Joe and you will see this arrogant jerk in action as I have.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do not come here. Vitas is losing people left and right. Management will lie to you about what a great clinical team you have and how well the territory is doing along with the 'we are best in care' BS. In truth, we have so many service failures it is probably an hourly occurrence. Total disconnect between sales and clinical. Three hours of reporting a day, no real answers, chasing your tail only to be told a month later by MK or J that they have changed their mind. Only do this if you have no other options. Most people are fleeing like rats leaving a sinking ship. Wait until you meet the GM. Zero sales experience but thinks he's an expert. Loves to hear himself talk and pats himself on the back every five minutes; clueless and has no skills to build a sales team.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just interviewed a while ago for a Chicago area position, and talked to some employees. Horrible culture. I guess it used to be good. Almost no time off and that was very important to me. It sounds great with like 25 days off but that is everything. Most companies have about 10 paid Holidays and unlimited sick days with three floating Holidays and two weeks off for beginners. I have three weeks off now, plus all the sick days and Holidays. The way I see it, is I would be giving up a job with better benefits and more time off for a lot of busy work and Vitas teams that are falling apart. Vitas is down to one Field Manager in Lombard and needs three. I was told that only a handful of teams have good clinical teams. The rest are at each other's throats. Office in Lombard is like a disorganized zoo with files flung everywhere and people with piles of crap on their desks. Everyone looked stressed as Hell. No smiles, no hello, just running around like chickens with their heads cut off. I interviewed with Heartland and they were very organized and in a gorgeous building. Everyone was happy and I heard they have little turn over of any staff. I do not think I am going to continue the interview process with Vitas. Lots of other companies to work for that have better cultures, solid teams, better benefits and better services.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Horrible place to work especially for the sales team. I quit last year and it was bad then. It is worse now.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought the same thing. You ask about first time referrals. There is no such thing. Everyone you call on already has a preferred list and if Vitas is not on it, you are not getting the business. In any given area, there are from 10 to 30 competitors many with better services. Vitas did not get enough big contracts in many cities to survive. I hear the Milwaukee team is great and Miami is very good. Chicago is horrible. You are calling on accounts and doctors that could have 10 hospice reps calling on them with pretty much the same services. Stay in pharma or DME or go to biologics or device if you are under 45. Older and out of work, I hear selling cars really isn't too bad.

Main Competitors: Vary by location. Vitas is big but most others have better service and are more organized. At Vitas, the right hand never knows what the left is doing.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any one know the salary range for the DMD position? Saw 90-100K on Glassdoor but wondering if it can't go higher.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NJ, NJ, NJ, NJ.......I would say run but things are changing sorta.

They fired those dike bitches from the NJ North Program. The GM Debra & DMD Sharon McSorley. When I tell you they are cleanining house in NJ! PCA has left, Team Managers have left. Virtually no support staff. Referrals are hard to get in certain territories. We have a new RDMD and hes pretty cool (for now).Eric Stewart. He's no Joe Priestas (THANK THE LORD). Operations VP bit of a Jerk. Will talk about you behind your back and tarnish your name! I hate this place seriously. Only took it because I was out of work for a year. 25 years of experience and they low balled me 65,000 a year. then $1,000 bonus. lol The HCRM SUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSSS. They will track your location, then tell you didn't put enough notes in, its repatative as hell. Place a complete cluster fuck. Run, if you need to.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It takes me two hours a day to put my calls into CRM. Now they want all of it pre-populated for the entire week. OMG! We have to make sure we are spring boarding off previous actions. Ten to fifteen calls a day, plus programs, plus planning, plus, plus, plus. I want to throw up. This shit is passed down from assholes who either never worked in sales, carried a bag or have not done so in 20 plus years. To enter one call in CRM takes about 10 minutes or more but I might be underestimating. I have easily spent 1 hour just recording and another hour just moving stuff to my day planner and to Outlook. Basically, you are recording the same thing about five times.

Our software systems are so bad. Vx is a POS too. Vitas is behind the times on every single measurement for partnering with large systems and ACOs. Clinical and admissions teams are ill-trained and often ruin an account that took a rep months to win. Then no one says shit to the customer, nothing changes for the clinicals and the reps get fired or pressured. Worse, that account is gone for good. Vitas does not get this important fact: there are plenty of hospices to choose from, they do not have to pick us ever, ever, ever, ever. Fuck up once with a nasty nurse and we are done.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HCRM is ranked the worst database management tool in the entire industry. Figures that Vitas would buy it. LMAO

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They just fired the only sane person in Chicago. The DMD was best in industry. Fair, hard working and put her reps first. She actually was a real encouragement. She really understood the business and was realistic on what we could do.They just hired a major tool with ice in his veins. Good luck with Al. Classic hatchet man.
    Chicago is going down. GM who has no clue about sales and throws reps under the bus often. Way over his head. Does not see that clinical teams have way too many service failures. VP- MK S. does not have an original thought in her red head. RDMD- arrogant bully. Enough has been said on this board about the fat arrogant blow hard Joe P.

I wonder who they will bring in now. Shaking in my boots.