Voluntary retirement notice

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Jul 12, 2020 at 4:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How soon would layoffs start if they don’t meet their number of voluntary retirements? How does a company expand and reduce headcount simultaneously?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many potential Otsuka people will be offered early retirement? Anyone know the specifics offered of the early retirement package?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am curious as well. Maybe 6 months' salary? Or 1 year? What are they offering?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn’t know anyone has stayed long enough to retire!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sure would be nice if some of our worthless RDs, DMs and home office people would find themselves in the unemployment line!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Writing is on the wall my friends, they WILL have a big restructuring this fall.
    First volunteer retirement then restructure to meet budget plans.
    why do I think their r engage requirements, this way customers r accustomed to this format and they can set up a call center to perform veeva engage. Call center reps r 30K per year vs ur 100K
    Have minimal field presence

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can’t believe we have gone this long without a massive layoff/reorganization. It only makes sense. Get ready.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do we even need a field presence for at this time? There is absolutely nothing new to talk about and samples can be ordered online and mailed!!! Even our idiot execs have figured this out by now!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Homeoffice here...Some people have been asking what we are paying our reps $150000+ a year for and nobody came up with an answer...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To be the punching bags of terrible marketing plans for me too drugs, micro-managing managers that are seeking a way to get rid of you to try to get a “ready now” rep in your place with no sense of how to maneuver within a CSU, office and the like.

Lastly, to make you all look good by making our ridiculous numbers.

More importantly, why are you paid over $200k?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am just part of a large system fleecing America....

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m jumping on this, who else is taking em up on this offer

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Soon as they get the final number from this effort they will drop us to a total headcount reduction by 50%. There is simply no way to justify having 2 reps per territory plus Lundope reps. Enjoy the holidays as u await ur phone call.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neuroscience sales division is about to be gutted

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Something big is gonna hit...it has to at this point.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That was the case 4 years ago...Otsuka just keeps paying mega bucks for nothing...Just imagine if we were listed on the NYSE or NASDAQ....the party would have been over years ago....

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone asked how they can expand and reduce at the same time. They have one sales division that is overstaffed with pods and co-promotion partners. Too many people in the same offices.
    All sales divisions have the average rep as well over 40, so it's not so much an age issue, but one of salary. They pay for someone with 10-15 years of experience and may be able to get nearly the same ROI with someone who's 25-30 with a couple years experience who can regurgitate the company line almost as well but for half the salary.
    So cut a couple hundred from he bloated ranks and reduce salary but retain headcount where possible.

It won't be pretty and it could be a very sad time for many this 4th quarter.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What will the package look like? I’m thinking I will take it if it’s attractive.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100k for up to 1 yr of service
    Additional 50k for every year after
    Years are rounded up to the next full year
    Benefits for 6 months
    Car for 3 months