Voluntary retirement notice

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Jul 12, 2020 at 4:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your speculative package numbers look completely inflated and out of normal severance limits most companies offer.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yaeh sure...you wish...nobody will get anything close to that...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call me RETIRED!! Sign me up!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Highly attractive. It's long and thick.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your sarcasm detector needs a tune up.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On the topic of ageism, I’ve had an interview (not otsuka) where I explained my rankings, adding that I surpassed others in my district with more experience/were at the company longer. Director still said he was looking at interviewing others with more experience after I closed for next steps. Discrimination goes both ways, its like we can’t win. I’m in my 20’s.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course he is looking at other candidates too. Wouldn't you, if you were in his shoes??? Has nothing to do with age. May be he finds a cute chick that has a better chance getting in front of the Doctor than you do. Companies do this all the time. I have seen this going on for the last 30 years.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run while you can. Get out of Pharma before Pharma gets you out. This is a dying job. Not profession. Job. The Drs hate you, office managers hate you. Just the staff like you for the free lunches. With the MDs getting crunched more and more, time/money, insurance woes, patient demands, miserable wife, etc. They will always go the path of least resistance. Especially now with post Wuhan paranoia. Run Forest Run!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree...this pig is toast, especially since we bring absolutely no valuable insight or value. Why should providers see us at this point? They already have heard everything a thousand times. I would not see any rep if I was a provider. There is absolutely nothing to be gained. All I could get from you is the virus!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are on psych, get out. No future here- at least none that is different from 10 other companies with exactly the same thing.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a cute chick thank you for your input though I’ve tried other industries like finance or selling in tech, any success with getting an interview in other industries?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I like your sense of humor, btw its in device but still in psych

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think that the managers hate us too sometimes. I know T&D does, with all of their training that treats us like children. What is Priming? I have never heard of that in my career. This was my best choice after my last downsizing...three. Is this the next one coming for sure?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Count on the downsizing coming but I don't know the extent. To launch a drug, you need boots on the ground. That is not our game now. We have drugs across all divisions except for the failing digital division that has established momentum. Cut areas of overlap and redundancy and then rehire when or if something new arrives. This company can be loyal to a fault by saving unneeded jobs and placing us all at risk of layoffs.
    As far as the cute chick reference, it just goes to show you how menial our jobs are. Do you think Google, Goldman Sachs, or any other exceptional employer in tech or finance considers appearance as a key qualifier for employment? I'm not saying it doesn't hurt but our type of companies place it near the top. Good ole Pharma with it reach and frequency (i.e. catering and dinner program) focus has to have the young good looking reps to get in the door. Kind of like car sales or retail. That's the type of selling where appearance is more of a factor. I guess we fall into that too.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s true-I’ve tried finance, my friend currently working at BofA said he can get my resume in front of the manager and I still can’t get an interview. My bf used to work at morgan stanley and we can’t find openings there since I don’t have a business background. I’m considering social work but I don’t want to go back to school

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boots on the ground, yes, if they can accomplish something. Every hospital in my area has bought clinics and private practices, made the practitioners employees and shut the door to reps! Those clinics will never re-open to reps, ever... COVID-19 gave clinics an additional excuse not to let reps in. And once they find out how nice it is not to be interrupted by a geek or chick who says: "Can I check samples?", they won't regret their decision. Big Pharma has missed the boat years ago, when they should have partnered with clinics to provide value, help clinics practice better medicine and operate more efficiently. Instead, we went in, on a self serving mission, trying to squeeze every possible script out of the clinic, so we make our numbers. That doesn't work anymore.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree.....and this "caring about the patient" is laughable. We only care about the patient to the extent we don't get sued!

18. emmajack

emmajack New Member

agreed

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Caring about the patient was a futile attempt by Otsuka to instill pride in us and deflect from feelings of guilt and shame for charging over $1400 for a mediocre drug that can and will make you fat.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This industry is too stupid to figure out another business model sans reps! They have had decades to do it, and still can’t come up with something! Otsuka is a pathetic company that we can take advantage of.

If offices still remain mostly closed after a vaccine comes out and the virus is under control, my guess is that nothing will change for us. We can continue on this amazing lie and still get paid a full salary! Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming!