w/Stuart gone IT is a rudderless ship...

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson IT' started by anonymous, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The course of action is to 100% eliminate and outsource all of IT. They are starting at the top and will ultimately give the worker bees an option to become consultants or go bye bye. Many IT jobs will just be eliminated outright! Aw, snap!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true. Several IT VPs are gone (MJZ and JS to name a few) and many others that I know of have been given notice (TW for example). The sh$t is hitting the fan big time here!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course that is the plan. Would expect it to happen quickly.

Stu and his happy band of Medco misfits showed JnJ executives that it couldn’t be done by an internal IT department. When in fact, a talented group of qualified leaders could have done great things for JnJ.

4. JackDempsey

JackDempsey new user

Cool story bro, but what is it: "eliminate and outsource all of IT", or "Many IT jobs will just be eliminated"? At the end of the day, there will always be IT employees within the company.

The fact is that Stuart should have been let go a long time ago, and the delay is owned by Sandi. IT, as with many functions in the company are bloated and poorly organized so a meaningful change is long overdue.

As a business, we can only hope that the next wave of changes actually impacts 'leaders' such as CD, JM, SW, etc.. so that it's even worthwhile not to completely clear house.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, Stuart was not the problem at all. He modernized the IT landscape at a lighting pace compared to his predecessor. The real problem as someone cited earlier in this thread is the legacy IT LT including Tom W, Joaquin and others. They are just riding out their tenure and actually prevent positive change.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh my! This is truly Laverne's Revenge! Alex finally realized Stuart was useless stuffed shirt and booted him out

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stuart was just another reject from Merck - creepy, worthless, scam artist. Good riddance. Lets put a JnJ business leader in charge of IT, preferably a woman.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually the real scam artists are the current IT Leadership Team. It's a mostly male, non-Asian group of long-tenured VPs that should have been eliminated long ago. The fact that Larry Jones has not been named CIO speaks volumes. If we get another white male CIO I will quit! Heard through the grapevine Tom Weck was the #1 internal candidate to be the next CIO. OMG!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The chatter here at NB suggests Tom Weck will be the next CIO. Talk about creepy and worthless!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

External and highly qualified CIO’s are being contacted and saying NO.

Speaks volumes of what the street thinks of the Organization.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If that supreme dick head Weck or another white male is appointed to the CIO role much of the IT talent will leave IMO.

12. JackDempsey

JackDempsey new user

Is this really the make or break factor for your career track? Why not the CEO or CFO? Not sure if you were here for the LaVerne years, but it's not like things were much better. The company does a lot to drive a culture of diversity so it seems hamfisted to have this binary test of whether the CIO is a person of color.

We need someone who is capable of overseeing the large and complex change management initiative required to get us from where we are now to a modern technology organization. This includes identifying and removing the massive bloat in the central services, process, and engineering organizations as well as cutting our losses on the failing development centers!!!

Agree with the other comments; TW seems to be the most likely candidate. Maybe JD will announce this on April 18.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds pretty racist to me....

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You people must be smoking crack if TW is the same tom weck I know from my days in cons med. He has about the same chance of being CIO as Laverne coming back! LOL! And yes, his actions are non-politically correct and could be construed as racist. My guess is he is forcibly retired when the next CIO assesses the talent landscape in the VP ranks.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TW is progressive and actually cares about experience, understanding its value. That is worth a lot as we look at the value of tech moving forward. He gets things done. Not saying he's perfect but i cant imagine the utter mess that is AS stays under his leadership.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TW knows how to play the survival game, but the new rules do not include aged white males. The mandate is >50% D&I for all band 31 and greater managers. The new CIO will be forced to kick TW off the island.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word in the street is the new CIO will be announced prior to 18-Apr. Guess we'll be getting a new rudder soon...LOL!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard TW and other >20yr VPs were offered a package.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is confirmed. The re-org must be completed before June 30.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LJ is one of the few senior leaders over the years we worked with who got engaged, lead, and got real results. Regardless of who gets appointed, LJ is highly respected by many of us. Worked on key initiatives where we looked to him to help drive success while his peers failed to show up or just pushed around smoke and air when they did.