w/Stuart gone IT is a rudderless ship...

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson IT' started by anonymous, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoa! Tom W as JnJ Corp CIO? Have we really fallen this far? We need a business leader put in charge of IT, supported by a well-qualified CTO. That couldn't be much worse than Laverne & Stu

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disagree with this assessment, please show me one area where he has been successful?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

some former very senior IT people who were forced out under sandi and stuart have been approached on returning. all of them have said no. jnj does not value IT - never has. views it as a cost center only, and as long as that attitude remains you will never get a truly good cio to drive forward a growth based value agenda with a focus on developing the people and honoring credo values

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Highly unlikely former IT leaders that were sacked have been approached for returning. More likely, the remaining senior VPs will be released this year. Especially those who do not meet the D&I mandate (e.g., white male VPs such as Tom W for example).

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Indeed, former leaders are being approached. Many of these folks were not "sacked" for poor performance but instead were eliminated to make room for the buddies of the Medco clan. These eliminated leaders were not willing to support some of the questionable practices and thus clashed with the likes of the SM, DZ, MA,etc. From all the feedback from the organization, the new leaders are realizing that many of those eliminated were among the better leaders, credo focused and had the needed experience in technology. There were many who remained unscathed throughout the past 18 months who should have been the first ones out the door, TW, SP, CD, SW, EC, etc, etc. Change is definitely going to happen but sadly those who were unjustifiably "sacked" will not return and who would blame them.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree totally, TW, SP, CD, etc, should have been eliminated first. The best way to cure cancer is to cut it out!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! Why all the references to TW on this thread? Don't know who this is, but he (she) must be really horrible...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CD is the worst. He has no clue what he is doing. Those he doesn’t like are pushed aside and targeted. I understand a few legal cases are underway because of how people are treated.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked in HR as a contractor and can confirm Tom W was the subject of several discrimination complaints when Laverne was the CIO. I believe he was a Consumer IT VP and the time. Not sure if he is still employed by J&J because the accusations were pretty serious.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes...but she did give us that very cool Incredibles logo

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! I quit J&J IT 10 years ago at the height of the LaVerne madness. I have to say this quote made me chuckle. Have you forgotten about the IT Choir????

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

has Jim cleaned up those unethical vendor relationships we all witnessed? Several of those whose positions were “eliminated” had been retaliated against for raising concerns of those relationships. For a company that has prided itself on doing the right thing, it is unconscionable that this had gone on for so long.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

By cleaning up do you mean promoting one of the perpetrators to VP? Then yes.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no I don’t think that is what any of us had in mind. Which one has been promoted? I understand both Galaxe and CLP are still favored vendors despite the fact that the quality of their work in usually in question and the rates are incredibly higher than others.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes they are still around. CLP is all over SC and hearing SW mandating their use. Hummm.....what’s going on there? There are several other good approved vendors out there that will provide excellent BA services at a better price point. Can’t understand why this stuff is not investigated?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one has the guts to do the right thing anymore. Everyone knows that there are many of these relationships with IT leadership and their friends but look the other way to not be involved. We know for certain one VPs job was eliminated through all of this because they escalated concerns about several vendors. None of us can be jobless right now despite the struggle with watching these obvious conflicts of interest. It has become a very sad state of affairs in a company that prides themselves on integrity.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone looked into whether SW or CD have an interest in these companies? Apparently DZ did, thus his abrupt departure. He was trying to push a VP to use his nieces company and some other org change company who did not have MSAs with procurement. And you are correct, once that was escalated it did not end well for that VP.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With all the rumors around assumes lay-off in TS and Dev Centers ,and lack of clear leadership on how to manage Dev Centers (a nice idea but badly implemented) , RY will survive ?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JS is moving quickly now to clear out the dead wood. Perfect example is TWeck who will be gone in the fall!