Wake Up and Smell the Coffee!

Discussion in 'Hologic' started by anonymous, Apr 3, 2018 at 8:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's see..... Novasure 16 years old. Myosure 8 years old. Aquilex who cares, it's fluid management. Base salary $30k, $1 comp plan. Less than 5% of the surgical sales force will make 100% (typical Stryker). They are hiring copier and cell phone sales people to replace surgical sales people who have found greener pastures. This is a $100k job at best. Pass the Stryker online test and your hired (for now). Steve M. only cares about his $30million bonus and sniffing up Carl I's butt (if I hear that story one more time I'll gag!). The other two Minions, S and E, are just that. Minions. They leave the office by 3pm and are headed to Yoga class. They don't care. Hologic is no longer a Women's health company. It is purely a temporary stop for temporary management to acquire a notch on their resume and move on. If you are a TRUE surgical medical device representative this is NOT the place for you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HAHAHA Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!!

This division is finally getting it right, and people like you cant see the forest thru the trees.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously, the reply to the original thread came from someone in management. Monkey see, Monkey do! Take the blindfold off and see the reality. Hey MORON, the endometrial ablation market is only so large. Currently, Minerva is picking off Novasure business left and right. Next is Aegea and now there is another new player from Lunis Medical. Did I forget to mention Mirena and Lysteda. Only so much pie and so many players taking away market share from Novasure. What's Management going to do? What happens when Novasure loses another 10% of the market? Oh, I know, let's hire a 23 year old with less than a year of sales experience to SAVE THE DAY! Then again I'm sure the new hire passed the online test.
    The SURGICAL DIVISION is burnt to a crisp!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All I can smell is covfefe

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Is that all you got? "This division is finally getting it right, and people like you cant see the forest thru the trees." Obviously, your from management. If this is your best response to Hologic's dire situation then Hologic Surgical is in worse shape than I originally thought. Also, your assuming I've left the company. Once again, Management's head is up their own butt.
    Hey Moron! There is only so much of the endometrial ablation pie. Minerva is picking off physicians and hospitals one by one. Did someone say The Cleveland Clinic? Next is Aegea. Did I mention Mirena and Lysteda? Also, there is another new ablation hitting market soon. AND don't forget the fact that Myosure is cannibalizing Novasure. Another 10% marketshare leaving Novasure. Keep the Faith. You're going to need it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wow... if I felt like that I would definitely leave. Bye!
    I’m staying because I believe in my company and that we will get new products. If not, oh well I’ll leave.
    The same old crying story about losing business to Minerva because you can’t win is old.
    Novasure is a 15 year old product, of course it’s declining. My territory is down too, but my Myosure business is more than making up for it.
    I’m waiting for new products. If they come then I will stay... if they don’t I will leave.

How about you stop crying and go sell something... better yet, LEAVE!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You'll be waiting for a very long time. Isn't the new fluid management coming out? NOT! Delayed, Delayed, Delayed. What will we do with another "me too" fluid management system. Additionally, it takes money for acquisitions. All the surplus went to CEO Steve and his $30 million bonus. The big question is, how is Hologic Surgical and Breast and Cynosure going to make it's number with 50% ATTRITION? Gotta keep Carl I. happy :) So Steve says. Cynosure, now that's a winner. The fact they have to pay surgical reps for referrals to help Cynosure land sales is absolutely pathetic. A company is only as good as it's sales force. In Hologic's case 50% of the sales force.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I think you're wrong on Carl Icahn. I believe he exited HOLX 2 years ago. The stock was around $35 at the time of his exit- he made a lot of money on his investment... but now, 2 years after Icahn cashed in, the stock is at $36.50. So in the last 2 years when the market has soared, HOLX is effectively flat (up 4%). Not all of that points to the surgical division (one of the smallest revenue divisions in the company) but it all points to two problems. Turnover and lack of true innovation. They blamed turnover for the whiff in CynoSure but no one seems to be piecing together that it's a massive issue in every single division of the company. I follow the stock and read the transcripts of the earnings calls - I'm surprised it hasn't fallen more. I think it's down 15% since the last earnings call. Won't be surprised at all to see it fall when Q2 earnings are reported in early May. The GYN division was down last quarter and if it's down again you can probably expect heads to get cut at the upper level very soon. Steve won't tolerate the misses to Wall St.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As far as the "surplus" (hint lady: that's not what it's called) Hologic has free cash flow of $700 million a year they can use for acquisitions. Carl Icahn exited the stock a few years back. This is all in the financial statements, which you have no idea how to read. Like the other poster said, just go away. With your lack of knowledge and your writing skills, you're lucky to be working at all.