Wall Street Thinks Folotyn is a bust

Discussion in 'Allos Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Aug 30, 2010 at 6:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have read a couple responses that sales in the 11.5 to 12 for this quarter and another that says not even close. What are the others saying? Can any salespeople give a hint, positive or negative for this quarter? How about overall trending since September?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12+. The rest is true about Burns he is clueless.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trending? there is no trend. The reason why we get a patient on drug is unknown. Its not due to account penetration or frequency all of us know where and who will use folotyn its just a matter of finding a patient. Mgt is not ignorant to this they just dont want to admit it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is accurate but everyone is still miserable.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with the company, went to their office outside of Denver back in 2009. I called the next day to tell them to withdraw my name from consideration.

Got a bad feeling about the middle and upper management, too few had real oncology experience. That lack of experience has borne itself out, I know of no sales rep who likes it there, the management is too primary-care in their style and tactics

Plus the middle management acknowledged that the upper management was probably looking to sell the company as quickly as possible after drug approval, a quick in and out by the investors. That did not pan out, which is more damning when you consider that all the big companies are looking to buy up smaller companies and/or drugs. None of them will buy Floppin Folotyn.

Regarding the drug, decent data. Side effects high, but manageable. Competes against clinical trials of other drugs that have initially appeared to be just as efficacious, with significantly less side effects.

PTCL seems to be in pockets around the States, not evenly dispersed.

Many many factors involved why this company is a bad place to invest.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahaha...you are totally wrong abou tanyone not wanting to buy this drug, and company....watch and learn; as a place to work, No; as a place to invest, YES

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are buying the stock last week, yes. Even a monkey looks like Warren Buffet when you buy at or near a 52 week low. 2009 a week before FOLOTYN was approved no. The stock is down about 50% since we launched the drug. Why? No competition, unmet medical need, global rights to our asset, etc? Its down because we cannot find enough patients to sustain our company. Wall street knows this. Berns knows this (he learned this in april). There is no market for PTCL. Lung might as well be a thousand years away. If your investment horizon is until lung cancer (which will never happen thanks to Alimta) you might make money on the corporate milestones, EMEA application, 30 Million in sales, partner for asia (because NICE will never pay for FOLOTYN in England) etc. but FOLOTYN is a niche drug for a tiny select group of patients. We need all the off label business to sustain the company. We cant meet our current requirements of clinical trials without diluting or partnering. The fuse has been lit, Allos will not exist by June 2011.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey I was at the last year's FOLOTYN launch party that Allos hosted at W South Beach Miami. They called 50 hot chicks at this party. It was cool. CEO blew probably 20-30 million dollars at that party. He was joking that we f***k the market by having the highest ever price!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allright Allos team what is this year going to end at sales rev wise? 12-15 Million for the quarter or more? How many lung patients are you guys selling to? Here's to $15 pps in Q1 2011!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A bunch! Look for break out sales this quarter....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope not....I'd like to cash out. You sound like you are in the know and have a grudge....wish you would spend more time working and helping investors cash out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take care....Bye, Bye

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No grudge but I am in the know. This place is as mismanaged as any I've ever seen. It is a house of cards just waiting for a slight gust of wind...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You too moron! Buh bye.....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is up with this company? Are Q4 sales closer to 15 or to 12?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14.4 Million!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if we can short our stock? No one in management buys stock and it makes me think that unless we are given stock that no one in home office is willing to invest in us.

Even if we are bought before we go out of business in June at a 100% over they price today all of my options are under water! Time to short this puppy!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not through the employee purchase plan but through your own broker, go ahead I do!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who would have thought that after launching in mid October 2009 that we would be near 52 week lows 16 months later? This has been a disaster.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were the employees aware of the halt on the lung cancer ph 3 trial and do you know why?