WARN

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, May 29, 2017 at 1:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was this "realignment" a stupid attempt to avoid warning field employees? How many employees are negatively affected by this?

"Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN Act) is a United States labor law which protects employees, their families, and communities by requiring most employers with 100 or more employees to provide 60 calendar-day advance notification of plant closings and mass layoffs of employees, as defined in the Act. In 2001, there were about 2,000 mass layoffs and plant closures which were subject to WARN advance notice requirements and which affected about 660,000 employees.[1]

Employees entitled to notice under the WARN Act include managers and supervisors, hourly wage, and salaried workers. The WARN Act requires that notice also be given to employees' representatives (i.e., a labor union), the local chief elected official (i.e. the mayor), and the state dislocated worker unit.

The advance notice is intended to give workers and their families transition time to adjust to the prospective loss of employment, to seek and to obtain other employment, and, if necessary, to enter skill training or retraining programs that will allow these workers to successfully compete in the job market."....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many negatively affected. So you are theorizing that layoffs end of year but this is ploy to get many to quit? Bring it on

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Note to Sparky : We would not use a legal binder if it were not true. Hang on. Sparky is a newbie.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, I have been here for 30 plus years and the writing is on the wall. Look at what has been done to territories. Make everyone misearable and lose head count without paying for severance packages. They think we are that stupid.....good luck and watch for much bigger changes!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not my first rodeo with these cowboys! First step, make everyone miserable with territory changes that are totally asinine. Second step, watch and see how many reps quit on their own without severance. Third step, cut as many reps as necessary now to achieve the numeric goal. Fourth step arrange those that remain into logical territory assignments.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5th step, let me blow you in my Mommys basement !

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any insider willing to give info on plan for next layoff? End of year? First quarter 2018? Any credible info appreciated. And please troll no back talk!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ask an old timer about 2006 and 2007 ...... we told you that the same thing happened then !!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. Then the shoe dropped in 2008 and massive layoffs

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word on the street is that there are no layoffs this year..obviously. Those reps who were placed into remote territories will hopefully find other employment and voluntarily quit saving the company millions in severance. Those vacated positions will not be re-filled. When Advair goes generic all Inventive contracts will be cut immediately. All overlay positions will also be severed. These plans have been in place for 18 months. The delay in a generic Advair delayed an actual layoff. If you are in an overlay position, I would be actively seeking other employment. You were placed in an overlay due to your poor performance rating vs your colleagues. This is a fact. Cafe Pharma has many rumors, this is not one of them. To those of you in official alignments don't get too comfortable. A lot riding on the open-triple and shingle vaccine success. Let's face it, our vaccine division couldn't launch a turd out of their ass after a double serving of re-fried beans. Emma is focused on consumer and HIV. Bottom line, we have one year of employment. Any little mis-step will result in downsizing.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Makes sense. Praying for generic Advair and layoff

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many times has GSK restructured since 2014. Anytime you mention this it's shot down by the paid censors. Now we have obvious changes that aren't for the better, still want to preach how everything is fine?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our severance letters were dated 7/14/2017. You can bet they already have the next round signed too.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

meant to post 7/14/2016

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which layoff was this? Trying to figure out timing of next announcement. Thanks for any info

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer or J&J business model? It is obvious that GSK is following the J&J plan. Have a large and "stable" consumer division which does not have the ups and downs of pharmaceuticals. No clinical trials, FDA approvals / denials, no Payer / PBMs to haggle with and no expensive employees to pay i.e. reps and managers. This is not my opinion, this is a fact that AW laid out and that EW will carry out. Think about her background? Consumer 100% be it over the counter meds or makeup. This is our future. GSK will have small divisions / specialty devisions. Think Jansen pharmaceuticals and Ethicon. Many of you have forgotten about those companies, but they still exist, barely, but they do have market presence. This is the future of GSK. There was a person who discussed layoffs next year after Advair goes generic, they are 100% correct! If you are under the age of 40, now is the time to make your move out of this company. You may be able to hang on for a couple of years but your fate is almost assuredly sealed. For those who are 40+, hand on tight. Unless GSK buys another company the sales force will be half of what it is now by 2020. The plans have already been made.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And Sparky is actually Nostradamus ! Thank you so very much for your expert opinion Sir.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stay off this site. Again you don't work here and we all know it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone with a quarter of a brain can see that these territories were designed to bring on a mass exodus of reps who have had enough of this lunacy! Rather than offer severances, this is how GSK operates.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the only other reason for this insanity I see that our management is beyond stupid. Either one is bad. Hope every rep puts the screws to GSK and their market share. This very is my plan. Fire me assholes!!