Warner Chilcott

Discussion in 'Dermatology' started by Anonymous, Mar 26, 2006 at 4:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight on this company? Do they have good products? Good future? Whats base as well as bonus potential?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been with Warner Chilcott for a few years. Although there are many unhappy employees that regularly post on the board, there are also many who are quite happy. We just launched two new drugs: oral contraceptive and a topical for psoriais. From what I read on the board, the women's healthcare reps are far more miserable than anyone. I rarely read anything too negative from the derm division or the hormone replacement division. The base salary is not the greatest, but if you perform, the bonus is excellent. I earned over six figures this year. As with any company, your manager has a huge impact over your day to day level of anxiety. If you get a good one, you should be fine. If not, well, you know what that means. Other than that, it's what you make it. Control the controllables and let the rest go.

I often wonder why the losers that continually post their negative crap don't just leave.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point about negative posters (found on most boards). Life is too short. Why stay in a place where you are miserable?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all i can say is get ready for DINNER PROGRAMS!!!!! TONS and TONS of DINNER PROGRAMS!! oh, im sorry....."med ed. dinners." 3 a week minimum....good luck with no life, and working until 9 or 10 most of the week on a low base salary. there are other jobs that will pay way more to show up. this is low starting salary for a specialty job....way low. and you better sell or you are going to be gone in a year....watch out for the PIP

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it 2 to 3 med ed dinners or can they be lunches as well?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no after hours stuff....and if you happen to be out of town, then you will spend the night there because you do not want to drive home 3 hours after a dinner over at 9 or 10. it will get old in about 3-4 weeks. trust me. if you have any family or life outside of work...DONT GO THERE

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the average starting pay for a rep with this company?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No experience = $42,000 starting base. Which is why most of the sales force is barely old enough to drive!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run far far away and do not look back!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That seems like a pretty low base. What if you already have pharma sales experience?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had four years and got $55K still way low.I'm one of those disgruntled miserable employees in women's health care. . .I just got reorged there from a PSR position. But unlike many of the other posters. . .I'm getting out! I've been here less than a year and I expect to leave just as soon as I find a job!

I had such high hopes for bonus. I'm a great sales person who won president's circle twice at my last two jobs! and I can't make these stupid products fly. . .the coverage sucks and they are too expensive for anyone to want to shell out for some generic-like product. It's not like it's botox where people would pay a fortune. . .it's psoriasis. . only 2% of the entire nation even has this.

RUN my friend. . .RUN!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing for a position in CA. Was wondering if anyone knew the manager and if WC is a place to be for derm? Is the previous poster correct? Should I run? anyone else from WC have an opinion?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weclome to Dermatology. Everyone likes it because of fewer reps and greater access to docs -- both of which are declining. Problem, most derm products suck and there has been nothing new in derm since Elidel and Protopic unless you are selling in the biologics arena. Derms readily give their patients 3-4 Rxs for acne, exczema, etc. and are tired off the over priced brands with no coverage when generic and OTC equivalents are available.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Access to derms is declining because Warner Chilcott reps are way too aggressive and pissing off doctors!!! You are ruining it for everyone!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay...giving serious thought to this company. Is it really that bad? Do you really have to work 24/7 with dinner programs or do they give you the time back? Do all territories require three per week? Do they track your time in the field or do they track the number of calls that you make regardless of time? I do work very hard but working five days (8 - 5), three nights, and keeping up with paperwork seems to be a little much (60 hrs plus) for anyone to take on or be expected to work. I could see how quickly a person would get burnt out on all of this. What is the pay for someone with pharma experience? I just do not want to make a mistake. Any mature and honest feedback would be greatly appreciated!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are almost completely out of Derm

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did the company that bought Warner Chilcott dump dead weight or actually let good reps go?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The base salary is not the greatest, but if you perform, the bonus is excellent. I earned over six figures this year. As with any company, your manager has a huge impact over your day to day level of anxiety. If you get a good one, you should be fine. If not, well, you know what that means.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do work very hard but working five days (8 - 5), three nights, and keeping up with paperwork seems to be a little much (60 hrs plus) for anyone to take on or be expected to work. I could see how quickly a person would get burnt out on all of this. What is the pay for someone with pharma experience? I just do not want to make a mistake. Any mature and honest feedback would be greatly appreciated!