Warning from Plainsboro, NJ

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, May 17, 2017 at 6:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol! thanks for a much needed laugh.

yes, me too, hoping for a quick sema approval and vegas launch meeting:)

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get rid of the territories with no access! How the hell do you justify paying someone to make 3 calls a day?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a college friend that works at some data analytics position at IMS/Quintiles. As a former rep from Merck glory days, he has twice been asked to work on crunching sales calls numbers (a task that he feels is far beneath him!).
    The data he was given did not square with what he knew about current access issues, so he went out with reps from three companies that the Quintiles Contract sales teams work with. He told me that call average was less than 3 per day, and the average length was far less than 1 minute. He was shocked that none (as in zero) of the calls that he did observe would have passed for calls when he was in the field.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He did 3 whole field rides? And saw a whopping 9 calls on those 3 days? Well, shoot, let's shut the whole industry down right now.

Just so you know, I went on a field ride last week, saw 10 doctors, and we got significant time (5+ minutes) with 8 of them. What do I do with that data?

In short, your buddy's experience means absolutely nothing.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course you are 100% correct. Price is king and efficacy is in the back seat.
    Just look at blood pressure drugs...home many name brand in sample closet?
    A doc would make a pt. take 2 or 3 drugs when one brand may do the trick.

We kind of DID it to ourselves....

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every territory is different. Some have great access others have zero.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't cut my territory! Come see my customers! I can easily see at least 8 HCPs a day. It's good to be a Texan!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Waaalllll, it means nothing, except for the small fact that he works for IMS. Do you know who they are and what they do? I'll give you a hint: ZS Associates uses IMS data when they come up with "recommendations" for field force allocation. And, my little PRB-approved details regurgitating mouse, do you know why ZS recommendations will be extremely important to at least 20% of us later this year?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sorry, but you sound like a drug rep. And thats not a compliment.

1. Any doc or pharmacist will tell you that the majority of drugs within a class have little to no difference in efficacy in the real world. Worse, for diseases and conditions like diabetes or high cholesterol, most people stop taking meds as prescribed by Month 4. There are tons of studies on this, and its well known as healthcare crisis because of the tie between poor adherence and outcomes.
    2. Docs often use 3 meds to control hypertension. Please send us the link to a peer-reviewed, top tier journal that shows one med having superior efficacy over a combination of 2 products that are now generic. Caveat: I can think of 1 well-respected study that shows superior efficacy of a new drug (Novartis med for heart failure) over an older, gold standard.
    3. Regular price increases in the past helped keep us afloat, and helped give us the $$$ to crank out new meds. We will continue to take occasional increases, but we won't be able to do it as often as we used to. Years 2 and 3 of biosim Lantus will be unlike any we've seen. PBMs are going to hold bazaars each fall, and then trash the companies that don't do their bidding. So, my man with the 42 S suits better prepare to ramp up the tears, and the stories of his younger days. Mr Doug, fire up the videos of the drill sergeant rants from Full Metal Jacket and Officer and a Gentleman; you'll need to be more impactful with your cursing.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said and unfortunately so very true.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We haven't used ZS to do territory recommendations for 3+ years now. Try again. You need to learn a little bit about your company before acting as if you are smart.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah. They're CLUELESS about our company!!!! Obviously a troll that got lucky guessing ZS, eh? I wish they'd go back to their own site and leave us alone. They obviously are jealous of our 48 consecutive quarters of double digit growth, and come on here to stir shit up.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Facebook will now sell your shit for you....curious if you've had 48 consecutive quarters of wage growth....

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

blodbad i august

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Incorrect! ZS has been f-ing things up for us right up to the "displacements" last fall. We have pumped them with millions to destroy our company for years!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They (like The Street) never lose. We use them to ramp up the field force (yes, we REALLY needed those pods and expanded E force and the DCAs and the layers of managers for AEs and DEs!!!), and then we use them when its time to pare down. They never lose.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah , that is why they have an office in Princeton so they can play softball with all the pharma and biotech companies.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

tick toc.... when is the "alignment" coming? July or next year?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh it's happening....