We finally got a XenoPort message board!!

Discussion in 'Xenoport Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 16, 2015 at 1:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does this mean we are legit now???

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you happy with the company? Would you reccomend a switch to Xenoport from a good situation?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure. Depends on who your manager would be. There are good ones and bad ones. I know mine is getting a little crazy with the micromanaging. She came from big pharma and is bringing that here which is totally the opposite of what I was told about how this place operates when I came on.
    If you are in a good situation why would you even consider leaving?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am also coming from a good situation but make a lower base with uncapped bonuses. Also have 5 years with the company. Husband started his own business so would love to bring a bigger paycheck home and I am up for a new challenge. How attainable is the 33k in bonuses? Is this a 8-5 or a work "smarter, not harder" position? Do the docs like Horizant? I have no trouble making my calls count and selling, but also have a family and that is my #1 priority. Honest answers appreciated. Thanks.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can you be more specific of what area of the country the "good" and "bad" managers are located? Also curious how attainable the $33k bonus is.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could be but I won't. Not trying to be difficult. I just not a believer in throwing individuals under the bus on a public site. Just have to do your best in interviews to read the manager.
    The bonus is attainable. I would research your local managed care plans and see how well they cover Horizant as that is typically the challenge for the lower volume territories. It is a major advantage to have a lot of commercially insured patients or have the drug covered on the state formularies. We can definitely see the difference between areas that have good coverage and don't. The drug itself is a good one to sell and overall is a great company to work for.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you. You're right, it wouldn't be fair to say anything negative on here. I have some decisions to make..... Will check out the insurance coverage in the area.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This didn't last long, did it?