We have two weeks to save employee jobs

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jun 15, 2018 at 11:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are incorrect, my only posts on this thread are #9 and #17, I'll bet my OCRE T-shirt on it.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One last thought, when you say no one would have come over if they knew it was only a one or two year gig, I think there's an issue with that mindset.

In their prior organization, they had no guarantee of another 2 years of employment either. I had a manager once who said, "we interview for our jobs everyday by how we show up". There are no guarantees and your illusion of control over your career will get you crushed.

Again the entitlement mentality kills me, it's like the world owes you something and the universe revolves around you. Seems a bit narcissistic to me. Nothing wrong with being concerned with providing for one's family and doing your best to achieve that goal, but to rant about all the things the company is doing wrong and sugges there's a cause and effect is a very simplistic perspective. Good luck to everyone who loses their job. The truth is, it may be very, very hard for you and you may never generate the income you had here. If you're open to it, there may be some valuable life lessons you can learn and you might learn to be grateful for the simple pleasures in life. It's true what they say, " money can't buy happiness". Peace

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please quit with the self-serving diatribes and platitudes. Yes, no company owes us anything but when hiring a new sales force the assumption is some type of longevity if the drug launches well, (which Ocre did). Very unethical to foster that assumption with the sales force and then pivot a year later. And...even those who keep their jobs are left with a dysfunctional and demoralized franchise. Not smart on any level because the bottom line will be affected. Also extremely demotivating for other franchises to witness. Is this the new face of GNE? Our founders did not envision this type of corporate strategy and this is NOT what made us successful. The Swiss need to engage or they will destroy GNE as they did Roche. BTW - I'm in another business unit so not personally affected, (other than having to watch this sad show play out).

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“The assumption is some type of longevity.” Why would you assume long term stability when you are an At Will lowly rep?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go away Troll.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your assumption is shown to be invalid. Funny, my 2nd job in pharma was with a Swiss company named CIBA and there were lots of 25 year reps there and I thought I would retire there as long as I did my job. I'd watched my father work at the same place (a factory) for 25 years and that's how many places used to be. I was with CIBA for about six years before being displaced and I woke up and spelled the coffee. Assumptions and complacency will get you crushed more often than not in today's economy. Best to live in reality, rather trying to relive the past.

Btw, Sales reps are employed to generate future sales and the success of the launch is old news at this point. The company appears to have made a business decision that they can generate the same volume with fewer reps, i.e., lower overhead. ANY business would do the same.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about “go away” don’t you understand? We don’t want to hear from you. You’re a jackass. The on every people smile at and make fun of when you leave. I truly believe in the power of karma and with each letter you type, I promise you will get yours in the end. That’s a problem. I, sure you don’t have a genuine friend in the world. Stay off this thread.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The fact that you believe in karma is your biggest problem.

I've already been through the fire and come out on the other side. Good luck marshmallow.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes you are affected because by trimming expenses elsewhere, the company is able to fully fund your BU's investments for the current year, including your job.

Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?