We should buy Synergy

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cleaner drug. Will give us longer stability for the future. Otherwise we are done in a year.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plecanatide would be the first drug approved for CIC using the more stringent FDA requirement for durability in the response

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously, neither of you work here. If you did, then you would know the backstory of plecanitide. We'll take our chances if and when plecanitide ever comes out. Sorry that you did not get the job!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and yet, no one wants to buy the company or partner with them???

even after their blaring from all roof tops "hey haven't you heard : WE'RE FOR SALE !" - press release in March of this year (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/26/synergy-pharma-ma-idUSL3N0WS4YR20150326 ) LOL

obviously smart money still looks at Synergy's drug the same way J.P. Morgan's analyst saw it last year

(quote) "... It is not differentiated in that respect. Its efficacy is not exactly equal. It's going to be difficult to market a drug like plecanatide in a primary care setting when it isn't any different from Linzess".

quoted from:

http://www.thelifesciencesreport.com/pub/na/j-p-morgans-geoff-meacham-plucks-biotechs-with-upside-from-a-down-market

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With what money will you be buying this company with? Irwd is nearly bankrupt bleeding cash , not exactly in a position to buy anyone

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Synergy just hired a marketing head, they will do it alone keeping 100% of the profits. All they have to do is target the Linzess writers, they would hire 1/3 of the reps and keep 100 of the profits. Ironwood look out, why do you think that ironwood continues to fall $11:43 last quote. Wall street if you can read believes that their drug is better.

Pressure is on for all woodies to finally earn their pay. I do not think they are up to the challenge, maybe their partners can make up the difference.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The former head of GI Sales at Shire. Should be interesting to see see how the ex Shire woodies can compete against their former boss.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see, that article was March 27th which helped push the sp up to $4.5 and since then P3-1 results that were better than anyone expected came out in June and now the sp is at $9.. What a well thought out post by the resident woodie!!! Guess stellar results showing twice as good as Linzess/IRWD whose sp has dropped to $11+ doesnt' mean anything. Ready for more top 10?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former head of sales who was tapped to develop Resolor, which was supposed to be Shire's answer to Linzess. Did Resolor ever make it to market?? Good luck Synergy with TH leading the way.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

E.COLI manufactured Linzess! Kinda says it all doesn't it?
    72 Linzess is a desperate attempt to stay in the race, but as noted, it's efficacy will be much, much lower than Plecanatide's. AND...without Linzess's e.coli made travelers' diarrhea. NO ONE will take Linzess over Plecanatide. Not even the shorts! Yes, that would be E. Coli.!!!!! A no brainer that requires no more comments if don't want toxic bacteria in your gut. Perhaps this is why the world's greatest hedge fund owner bought 2.6 million shares of Synergy and not Ironwood. Not to mention all the huge new price targets for Synergy and zero for Ironwood. I love facts.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Original poster does not work here. This thread is comical. Less diarrhea, yes but with that is less efficacy. You can't treat cic with no diarrhea and have the same efficacy. So you think you can hire a third of the reps ? So roughly 1 rep per state to grow the constipation market of 50 million? This is a primary care drug linzess has over 3000 people promoting it. When it is all said and done 80 percent of volume will come from pcp. You need a partner and despite your so called stellar efficacy and no side effects no one is stepping up. No pain data and skewed side effect data equals no partner. We developed plecanatide and linaclotide and kept linzess. I'm gonna go with the MIT scientists who discover GCCon this one.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why does IRWD (and partners) continue to waste so much money and resources on Linzess when SGYP is on the verge of a superior product? R not inferior products mothballed versus ramped up? So then apparently smart business folks r engaging in stupid behavior? Would someone please explain this apparent irrational behavior? Is the analog not selling rotary land line phones to millennials? Who does that? Would it not make complete sense to shut down Linzess and buyout SGYP? So the IRWD board never saw a marketability study/profit comparison of these products? I do not comprehend their board of directors, unless I am missing a key piece of data at the IRWD reporting level. Or should trump not tell the IRWD directors "you're fired!"

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do realize our chief scientific officer discovered plecanatide and linaclotide and that we sold plecanatide right? I'm gonna go with Harvard scientist on this one... That and that fact that synergy has been for sale for two years with no buyers. Shire already tried to purchase irwd... Not synergy because it is less efficacious and too late to the party.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

its comical how all you reps try to talk science. You are a bunch of communication major fucktards. Stay pretty or get the axe, bitches!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And judging by your language you're either a truck driver or a ditch digger

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like your Linzess partner will be buying the better drug! I'm going to go with Brent Saunders on this one...

http://seekingalpha.com/news/3173451-another-sale-rumor-stokes-synergy-pharmaceuticals

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$SGYP takeover rumors
    Synergy Pharmaceuticals (SGYP) shares rose more than 5% on Friday amid rumors of a potential takeover. StreetInsider reported that Allergan (AGN) could acquire SGYP. The report does come as a surprise considering that AGN has a marketing partnership in place with Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD). However, even without a potential takeover, SGYP looks attractive at current levels. Remember that the company has major catalysts coming up later this year.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 Potential Targets of Allergan's Cash Influx
    This commentary originally appeared on Real Money Pro at 10:00 a.m. on April 18. Click here to learn about this dynamic market information service for active traders.

There are many fascinating story lines in biotech and pharma as both sectors start to recover from deep bear market declines. Some of the more interesting ones involve Ireland-based drug giant Allergan (AGN). Earlier this month, on the third try, the Treasury Department successfully bypassed Congress to rewrite the rules to combat "tax inversion," an issue much in the headlines this election year. This finally made Pfizer(PFE)and Allergan realize they were playing against a stacked deck and call off their $150 billion merger.

The thwarted tie-up obviously put a large monkey wrench in Allergan's plans, but I also expect it to result in a plethora of smaller deals that could help perk up tepid M&A activity in these sectors. Allergan -- a holding in Action Alerts PLUS -- has already made a few smaller moves and I expect it to be very active once the $40 billion sale of its generic business to Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA) is completed. Allergan should receive about $33 billion in cash and just south of $7 billion in Teva stock, greatly bolstering its balance sheet and allowing it to hunt for some smaller fish. The transaction will also likely boost its stock price once official approval is given, seeing how many deals regulators have foiled lately.

Meanwhile, Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX) has brought in investment bankers to look at strategic divestures the company could make to pay down its $30 billion debt load, and I would expect Allergan to take a close look at some those potential asset sales. Allergan could be particularly interested in some of Valeant's gastrointestinal product lines if they are put on the block.

One of these Valeant assets is the marketing and distribution rights to a compound called Relistor, which is a treatment for opioid-induced constipation and chronic non-cancer pain. The drug has shown solid initial growth. Earlier this month, the PDUFA (Prescription Drug User Fee Act) for the oral version of Relistor was pushed back 90 days mainly due to the Valeant "overhang." However, it is very likely to be approved in July and should do much larger sales than the injectable version of the compound already on the market. The two versions of the drug could eventually hit peak sales of more than $1 billion, making it a potentially good strategic pick-up.

Progenics Pharmaceuticals (PGNX) developed Relistor and receives a 15% royalty on sales and milestone payments. As Progenics has a market capitalization of just under $350 million, Allergan might be wise to acquire the rights to Relistor from Valeant and Progenics in one fell swoop.

Allergan was also rumored late last week to be interested in acquiring Synergy Pharmaceuticals (SGYP). Synergy has filed has an NDA (New Drug Application) for its compound Plecanatide for the treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation which is expected to be approved soon. The product will likely be aimed at the same market as Linzess, a drug it has demonstrated some superior attributes to in trials. Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' (IRWD) Linzess currently does $450 million in annual sales and Ironwood believes it can be a $1 billion drug by 2020. With an enterprise value of just over $400 million, Synergy would be a potential bite-sized purchase for Allergan.

Regardless of whether any of these transactions end up happening, Allergan provides good value following the substantial decline off the kyboshed deal with Pfizer. I recently added some shares and look forward to the completion of the generic drug business sale and seeing where Allergan deploys that "ammo."

Get an email alert each time I write an article for Real Money. Click the "+Follow" next to my byline to this article.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess, are you going with the uroguanylin is found in nature B.S....?

Well, let's just say Brent Saunders isn't worried about patent issues and there was a meeting last weekend with MS to discuss possible buyout. Research it.