Weird Launch

Discussion in 'Luitpold Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every single person is new to these teams and launch. No one has sold this drug.
    What is the reality of this launch being a total disaster!?

Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By definition, no one has sold a drug that isn't currently available. Launch products require strong work ethic, energy, and real sales skills. Probably the best gig out there for people that like to come on strong and then see results. Launch will be fantastic for some and not so for others.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This product can be a huge success if launched right, which not only includes strong sales reps, but also formulary acceptance early, and availability. I would hope that the company is working the national PBMs and managed care accounts months ago and our concerns are academic.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UMMmmm...Luitpold does not have any managed care or national account managers - They are relying 100% on Daiichi-Sankyo's team.

This product will have a very slow uptake due to its indication of Acute Pain for 5 days or under. Few, if any, pharmacies are going to be persuaded into carrying this product. And no patient (or doctor) is going to wait 24 hrs to order it...(see definition of Acute Pain)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummmm, thank GOD then, that DS is handling managed care! I didn't know that and am now relieved.

My sister is a pharmacist and they never stock any acute pain meds that's not a pill. That's already understood in the pain "arena." It's up to us to influence purchase in the hospital pharmacies via the ER, post Op area - primary care is only going to account for 25 percent of our time. This is more of a "hospital/specialty" position. Were you not told that? Get the primary mindset out of your head and you'll be fine.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UMMmmm....hey junior, the above statement was for "hospital pharmacies"

~ And no hospital pharmacy is going to carry any product that has such a short shelf life and no initial uptake - Yes, we all understand that the rep position is "hospital / specialty".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the shelf-life? Toradol has the same indication.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pres here: Dang! Wish we'd have thought about that before we bought RoxRo! Wait til I get back to the office and tell those guys! Doggone it!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are u kidding me?

Toradol ---> pill

Sprix ---> nasal inhalant (shelf life = 90 days / climate controlled environment)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you guys/gals doing? Geez! This drug this sales force has nothing but up potential. If you don't have an entrepreneurial mentality, which I don't see on this thread, any drug you launch will fail. Roll up your sleeves, sweat a little and quit complaining. SPRIX will catch on- there is nothing like it. And retail Pharms will get it overnight and most cases are alerted ahead of time prior to surgery. Relax!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much will it cost?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$25 bucks a bottle in pack of 5. Not bad. But I'd rather just pop a Vicodin. A bottle of 30 please for $15 bucks!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. So if you can take up to 4 sprays a day (per nostril), then each bottle only has 4 sprays?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be 8 sprays, math whiz!! (4 sprays each nostril X 2 nostrils=8 sprays per bottle)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so are you saying 4 x2 = 8? Thanks....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who are we kidding. PEOPLE WANT OXYCONTIN!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do we get samples? I hope so, this job may be fun!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Should have never returned the call.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Weird ain't the word. Clueless is the more accurate description.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ship of fools headed for the rocks.