Welcome to PC

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to primary care pod selling!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So not only is neuro coming into offices but other sales reps from other territories are going to come into my territory and sell too? This is ABSURD!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nimble = overreacting
    Muscle = outdated big pharma strategy

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What an abortion

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The over reacting, desperate "strategies" are not making sense. More reps, more people in unnecessary areas, more drama amongest doctors. I just don't get what they are doing. This is what happens when you overpromise and you slowly under cheap. Try to go after more than 50% marketshare in less than one year may sound good but then you start to get desperate when It don't look good. The numbers they are trying to achieve are overinflated and they need to be realistic about the approach. Anyway, enough said.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Since the call was early, I stayed home while my wife got on the webcast. I am a sales rep too in device. My wife was crying at the end of the call. She's so worried about losing her job. This doesn't seem right.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I doubt this, I do have to say that yes this is ridiculous and the pressure and expectations are not realistic. This is ABSURD and I can tell you people are starting to look and will be leaving. I hope KK is happy with herself

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I won P Club and after the trip I'm outta here, same with my good friend who won VP. This whole initiative is ridiculous, I have 7 Neuro overlays most people in my district have 5. My territory is difficult access and appt driven but I've been in eye-care for a while and know these people. This is not going to help! I won P Club I DON'T NEED THE HELP

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But did you really deserve P-club? I think I would feel silly claiming "I won P-club" after 5 months of selling when the rest of the company actually earned Presidents club. You OBU p-club winners enjoy your boat trip but just know there will always be an asterisk next to your name. And there are a lot of you.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5 months? Lol try 4 September -December

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NBU is paying for ALL the OBU P club winner's cruises and NBU also paid out every single big bonuses made by OBU during launch... there should be a thank you not complaining we are helping you out now.... we don't want to do this

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can't spell Primary Care, Presidents Club, or Paul Casanova without a "PC"

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Grow up snowflakes!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To NBU:

THANK YOU!!!!!

Thanks for paying for my salary & bonuses while we didn't have a product. Thanks for paving the way for R&D $$$ to be invested in Ophthalmology. Thanks for making enough money that Shire was able to incentivize the top reps in OBU to be added to PC and VPC trips. We are VERY grateful and appreciative. Without you, none of this would've happened!!! #ForeverGrateful

But don't hate the players; hate the game. I would agree with you that 4 months of a launch should not have qualified any OBU rep to go on the same PC trip that other business units spent for 12 months of work. It's not fair. That's not your OBU rep's fault though. Shire wanted 2016 to be the "Year of the Eye" so they incentivized as such. Shire made the rules and we just played by them.

With all due respect though, where I won't show gratitude to NBU YET is on the notion that you're "helping us out". We've already done the heavy lifting on this drug and it's doing very well despite what you hear. The entire market is down for many external reasons which caused the quick trigger from leadership on adding you on the co-promotion. However, the numbers are already coming back up and will continue for the rest of the year with or without you. So before you decide to take the credit that it's all you, you were the catalyst, and you are the A Team, you might want to ask your OBU rep for the baseline market share numbers in the accounts you've been assigned. If numbers come up but market share stays the same or decreases, did you really help us?

Again, to the NBU: THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!! You are the best reps when you're allowed to be NBU reps and OBU reps are best when they're allowed to be OBU reps. You don't see professional athletes trying to perfect their skills in a different sport. They're best when they focus on being the best at where they're gifted.

We'll make it work, but let's stop with the pettiness of who is better. You're good at what you do and I'm good at what I do. Can I be better? Of course, and striving to that end.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best post yet, TRUTH!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I agree with most of your post, please answer a question for me. If all your "heavy lifting" was so great, why are we being called in to call on your doctors? I could give 2 craps about "your" doctors, just like you give 2 craps about "our" doctors. The NBU has been given ZERO communication about our compensation for promoting Xiidra and the support you may, or may not need. All we hear is another scripted conference, then another 5 hours on SABA trainings. I appreciate the fact that you recognize that the NBU paid for your drug to come to market and pay your salary. Please also realize that in 2016 90% of the NBU didn't make a bonus worth the stamp it would've cost to send it to us due to your large bonuses. Though I feel your post was a back handed compliment, I will accept it and watch you reap all the benefits.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't mean it as a backhanded compliment. It was from the heart.

I explained why you're being called in - leadership panic'd since the numbers flattened at the beginning of the year. I didn't go into detail on why they are flat because I figured you knew from reading the boards. But, I'll drill down for you.

December: Rxs continued very strong growth as most patients (at least in eyecare) rush to optometry and ophthalmology offices. With optometry, they're trying to cash out that Flexible Spending Plan before they lose what's left to get a new pair of glasses or prescription sunglasses. Some of those likely received a X Rx. In ophthalmology, a flood of Med D cataract patients rush to get surgery before their deductibles reset for the following year. Some of your OBU reps have pre/postop accounts setup for X which caused a boost in the numbers on that first Rx for Med D that made it look like X was going to continue the bottom-left-to-top-right trend line. But those Med D cataract patients aren't going to refill it come January (or anytime until there is coverage). Unfortunate timing for huge December #s to happen so close to launch. It was a mirage.

January - March: Deductibles & Premiums - Entire market down bigly. Does NBU not see a drop in V Rxs at the beginning of the year? Maybe not. V is a staple in many homes, especially those kiddos that are still in the middle of the school year. You're not gonna sacrifice your kid being unable to focus on their grades, so you bite the bullet and fill that expensive Rx and happy that it applies to the deductible. But for $500 FOR AN EYE DROP??? The mindset is "Nah, I think I'll wait until something more serious comes along to apply to my deductible". It used to be that by the end of January, most would get out of the deductible but deductibles are so high now as well as premiums that it's taking longer which is why R & X Rxs are starting to rebound now.

In my own case, I was able to increase TRx SHARE (not just new Rxs) by >15% during Jan & Feb yet my VOLUME remained the same as it was in December. I can't fix why the market is down on VOLUME, so I'm left with taking SHARE from Restasis.

If you start asking ECPs why they haven't made X their first choice yet, most of them are going to say because of cost of refills due to Med D plans (and yet we're still doing very well all things considered).

The only thing I'd change from my earlier comment about reps doing the "heavy lifting" is that truthfully it wasn't the reps. The drug itself has done the work. We're 6 months in against a product that's been out for 14 years. It should've been harder to get as much share as we've gotten. Yes, the vouchers are great but if the drug didn't work, ECPs would've stopped giving out the cards long ago. So, it's a testament to what a great drug it is. The Med D plans will come - only a matter of time. We'll be fine.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jeesh dude, get a life. Writing novels on CP shows desperation

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has time now to do that, since NBU is in his/her accounts. Doesn't even need his/her samples anymore since NBU gonna leave one on every call. Detail-only from here on out for OBU.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I appreciate your efforts. I guess if you had better managed care coverage, you'd be at 90% Xiidra. BTW, we have 100% market share in BED.