Welcome to the Arthrex board

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by cafead, Aug 28, 2004 at 4:36 PM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 7% commission rate seems to be consistent around the country. I'm a Mitek rep and in the three years I have been in my territory I have had five Arthrex reps. In addition, Arthrex's MO across the country seems to be to flood a territory with reps. Consequently, they seem to hire kids fresh out of school who are just glad to be in the industry. After about a year or so they are gone to work for a legitimate company. At least this is what I have seen in my territory and have heard from around the country. Some of the lines I've seen on this board are downright funny; well, it is an Arthrex board. Keep telling yourself that guys, maybe after a while you will even start believing it ;)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Independent rep with Arthrex as my primary line. My commission is 11-20% and I can pick up other lines that don't compete. I have grown my territory so much that I can't handle the case loads. So I've hired 2 associate reps (just like Depuy does) to handle the case loads and running sets. It's called a business, something a Mitek has no clue about. Well, I take that back.....they are starting to catch on because half the Mitek sales force is direct and the other half is distributorship. Talk about chaos! The company has no clue what they want to do. The areas where they are getting there asses handed to them, they've decided not to help their direct reps but instead tell them that they are now distributorships. What a great company to work for.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still kicking your ass all over the country. Keep it up.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of the country are you referring to? Certainly not happening in my city. As for the distributor issue, the reps I have spoken with at our Global Sales meeting have jumped at the opportunity to go agency. As mentioned, the opportunity to pick up additional lines, and more autonomy over their territory. I've worked for JnJ for three years and wouldn't go anywhere else. Lets see, a Fortune 100 company verses a small privately owned company like Arthrex...hmmmmm...not a hard decision there. Johnson & Johnson and as it follows Mitek will be around long after Arthrex is gone. Oh I know, "ARTHREX WILL NEVER SALE!" Ummhmmm....go ahead and keep telling yourself that. In business, the larger companies prevail. Always have, always will. All it takes is the right number and Arthrex will be bought. If you can't see that your extremely naive.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you supersize my Kool-Aid please? JnJ=KING OF THE WORLD! You can keep selling your versacock anchors, that piece of junk FMS pump. You'll still be selling in in five years. Meanwhile, I am going to begin selling our new total shoulder, pump-and yes, its another new one along with the 200+ small joint products. Add that to the ACL and shoulder business we already have........I can say I don't really have to worry too much about Mitek.

As far as Arthrex being sold out. Hey, I don't own the company and frankly I could care less if Arthrex does. I'm so diversified, I could go and sell total joints, trauma or small joint products just from the experience I have had selling Arthrex products. Can't say too many Mitek reps have that. Last but not least.......I know for a fact I am making more money than any Mitek rep. So have fun being locked into selling the SAME stuff over and over again because it takes YEARS for Mitek to jump through the corporate hoops to release a new suture color. Also, enjoy having your territory cut up over and over again after you bust your ass building it up. Don't tell me they don't do it either. Take a look at Boston.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry, I will ;) You sound pretty Arthrex, that is to say bitter. Evidently you've lost some business to these products. I'll go head to head with your pump anytime. I wish more of my accounts had the Arthrex pump because its easy to beat.

Takes years for us to come out with a new product? Umm, Einstein, you just named two of them. Osteoconductive labral and rotator cuff anchors - which Arthrex doesn't have. Femoral Intrafix, a HA injection for osteoarthritis knee pain which we are killing it with. Go ahead and throw your barbs - it is a message board after all and you do carry Arthrex so I can understand you being bitter - but you might want to at least be in the zip code of the truth in order to not look any more like an idiot than you already do.

As for the territory cut up, well I've been in mine three years and it has yet to happen; I won't pretend to speak for the rest of the country.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did I let this one slide...

You've done what, compare paycheck stubs with them? As you do you might want to take into consideration the company car - gas isn't exactly cheap these days but thankfully it doesn't come out of a direct rep's pocket - , and the 401k the company matches. Yeah, think I'll stick with Depuy Mitek..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW----I have a IRA, my distributor gives me a car allowance every month and I bet I make close to $100K more than you do. Go ahead and keep working for Mitek. They'll make sure you don't make a lot.

PS- Actually have compared pay stubs with a former Mitek rep who is with Arthrex now.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well that settles that. A former Mitek rep who speaks for the rest of the country. I mean, what do you say to that...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have we decided yet who has the biggest tool?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You asked me if I compared paycheck stubs. I did. What else do you want jackass?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No no...you said it so obviously its true. Works for me..

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the point that is missing with arthrex is they are not abiding by advamed guidelines. They are doing things the big companies have paid lots of money for being accused of doing. As for their products, they get to market very quickly and probably don't spend much on R&D. The surgeons are their R&D when they bring the product and they produce it. Probably a couple of new products a week. They have alot of products that fail (dont sell). If you bring it to them they will sell it. There reps have a reputation as being young, Athletic trainers with very little OR training. Arthrex is going to pay when the DOJ investigates them! Also, their relationship with Olympus giving away video for disposables? This sell is by crawling in bed with the surgeon, nothing to do with quality of product. Oh yeah, if you want tickets to the big game or stay at the resort in naples or play golf? Call Arthrex.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a reckless and irresponsible post!

Those are a lot of accusations, but you don't back it up with any facts or proof?

Why not???

I know why...because it's ALL FALSE, and you're losing marketshare!

Learn how to sell your own products before trying to make excuses for your failure.

(now you'll come back and respond saying that you kick Arthrex's butt... yeah right!!!)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OS here. i googled arthrex distributors and came across this post. if i am unhappy with my arthrex distributor who can i call for a new rep possibly? u guys have officially passed up stryker as the most pompous reps in the field.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OS, nobody cares about you!!!

signed,

your local Mitek rep

17. Geez! Have you all been sucking on lemons????

Wow, all you Mi"crap" and Smith and "Peeyou" reps sound a lot more bitter than the Arthrex reps that have posted. I work for Arthrex Inc, not a distributor, corporate office. I can assure you that everything these bitter little "girls" have posted is false. It amazes me how angry you all are. I can assure you that not all of our sales reps are atheletes and they know what they are doing. Even if they didn't, we have teams of people who can provide support, even our customer service goes through intense training to field technical questions. As far as selling other companies products, trust me, we know and they know that we know when they receive their commission checks. It seems to me that our competitors need to get their heads out of our ass and what is going on in our company and start being actual competiton and not little "girls" on the sideline crying as we take over the global market...change your pissy panties "ladies", wipe your tears and get back in the game before you get crushed.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Geez! Have you all been sucking on lemons????

LOL! You guys are losing market share in my city. S&N rules the market place because of the antics you guys pulled with the patent issues and the fact that Arthrex reps have absolutely no training.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since you're being so bravado, why don't you tell us what city you're in.

But of course you won't, because you will be proven wrong.

Arthrex is still growing at a 24% clip halfway through our fiscal year. You wannabe's are at what?

About 8%?

And you want to talk about marketshare?

Do the math knucklehead!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep throwing up those bogus numbers. You're a privately owned company which means you could lie about how many employees you have let alone how much growth you're telling everyone. You're absolutely right I'm not going to tell you which city-----if you work in the home office you already know. Arthrex has many flaws, patent lawsuits the whole distributor network, communication and lack of training. I could go on and on.