Welcome to the Biovail Board

Discussion in 'Biovail' started by cafead, Aug 15, 2003 at 7:35 PM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL thank you, that was funny, best laugh i have had all week!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey....i don't know where you guys live, but i think reliant is giving you more of a push in market share for your products than you are. i know i am working my tail off for a company i don't even work for and getting paid much less....so stop bitching...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't see how, you must be unaware of our current bonus structure. As far as market share that Reliant has contributed you are correct that is definately specific to the rep and area. Some reps do not even have Reliant overlap so the cases differ by area. Thanks for your help.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is a shame is that we have District Managers, ASDs, and corporate heads who will not support or back up the reps. This applies to a myriad of drug companies. If most higher ups were ever reps themselves, then they would understand what goes on out here. They should be able to detail doctors themselves. They should be able to give us voice mails and e-mails on how to gain access into tough clinics. SUPPORT, not abandonment, is the solution. They are brainwashed by corporate into giving us the latest democratic answers so they don't have to tell us what's really going on. I've found out more answers from corporate HQ than my manager has ever told us.
    A good manager will always support their reps and encourage them to grow in every way. They will support them with extra DME monies if need be, speaking programs, extra opportunites for advancement, keeping the lines of communication open, get back to reps if called, etc. From what I have experienced in the last few years, this trend has gone dramatically downward. What I enjoy about Biovail (so far) is the fact that we dictate how our territories are run.
    As far as PLACE goes, if we have difficulties in clinics and are unable to appease our doctors, the consensus is that our higher-ups should make a valid, credible effort to badndage the situation so it does not exacerbate into what it is now. We are told to abandon our doctors' concerns and still show our faces in those clinics. Thanks to the powers-that-be, our credibility is shot in about 10-20% of all clinics. If we as stockholder (owners of the company) as well as reps (the lifeblood of this company) cannot get straight answers to our concerns, we should hold these higher-ups accountable for their mis-communication. DO they want us to continue with the PLACE debocle, or finish it? Do they care that doctors have abandoned us or not?
    Time will ultitmately tell all.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems like all we're getting these days is smoke and mirrrors. PLace is a joke. We're getting stiffed on bonuses, and all we're getting these days are voice mails telling us how our market share is slipping from Teveten. Hello?? Get us some freaking managed care coverage, will ya? Higher up are doing an okay job. I've seen worse. They just need to live up to their bargain once in a while.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The higher ups have decided to get rid of the bottom percent of the company, so if you fall in that gategory, you'd better get out before you are pushed out.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn! Wish my numbers weren't so good. I would love to be laid off!! if I am, I will turn in my manager! They know why!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DAMN! You people are mad...yes the program sucked and yes, a monkey with Down Syndrome could have launched a drug in a more credible, organized way maintaining our sanity and integrity with our MD's. But, we are all responsible for our own business. The energy you wasted finger pointing should have been used to trouble shoot, so that your customers would remain uneffected by the kits and the heartache it may have caused us. Make lemonade or shove the lemons up your...and leave. All I know is that the payout by this Thursday is going to be tremendous- so go cry a river in a training room with Merck or Pfizer where they micromanage their reps, work them like dogs, pay them sad bases, and yearly bonus we make in a quarter. A little food for thought.... while your cashing your PHAT BONUS CHECK. Never bite the hand that feeds you!! And MY MANAGER RULES!! If anyone in Corp is reading this- you squeeze him out you will also lose a rep in your top 10% on that premise alone. Hint- "_____ and you, perfect together"!! PS get over the Reliant thing and run your business as you did proir to the "co-debacle". Quit your whining, and shut your pie holes and FOCUS!!! Here's a novel idea, promote the product and not the kit! You can't change the world, but you can change a dirty diaper..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a well thought out opinion from an intellectual. To others reading this: I am proud to work with Biovail. There were some problems with Place...it did anger some doctors. However, where else do you get the flexibilty to run your own territory without micromanagers?
    For the person who scribed the last piece: please refrain from using that kind of language. You're an adult. I'd be ashamed if a doctor were reading this wondering about the future of the company. The future is US. We (at least I am) are setting a new standard for reps in this industry.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be nice to be able to say,"my manager rules"! Mine is a fucking moron.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't say my manager is a moron, but I do feel he is incapable doing his job properly. He gives little help and less advice, he is continually late giving us assignments that are due " IMMEDIATELY! !" and does not seem very interested in his reps. I really think this is hurting my performance. I am a new rep and could use some good coaching. Any vets with advice? I think he is really nice and I don't want to make him mad, but my performance could definately be enhanced with a better manager.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a thought. Tell your Mgr exactly what you think you need. If he is a nice guy then he should be willing to help. Take some control. As for you whiners? I've been in big pharma. You wouldn't last a day. BP tells you where to go, when to go and they know when you get there. 1st Sig. by 8:00 or your DM will call you. Go to big pharma and get squashed or lost in a POD. You'll beg to come back...despite the nasty growing pains of a small to med sized company. Oh yea...check their boards to see how many bonus checks have been cut or outright cancelled. The Pharmaceutical industry is just like pro sports. Too many teams means watered down talent consisting of losers and pretenders. "Hey doctor, how's (my product) going?" I haven't used that in ten years. No wonder doc's won't give us more time. We've done it to ourselves.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager tries to help, and has stood up for his/her reps. Problem is, she/he will not be with the company long because his/her director can't take criticism. Our director put our goals unbelievably high for one reason and one reason only, to get my managers #'s so low he could fire him/her.

sincerely,
    him/her, he/she, and it/that

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ASD's have nothing to do with the company goal. That comes from the great white north. ASD's can adjust 10% to different districts based on sub/obj veriables. The DM's then get it and can adjust in the same way for territories. Does everyone forget that DM's and ASD's bonus checks are dependent on how much the PSR's make? Why would ASD's want to "screw" their managers or DM's want to screw their reps? It doesn't make financial (or common) sense! They want bonus too.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big Pharma

Couldn't agree more about Big Pharma.

You work with several POD members, tag team on as many calls as possible because Dr.'s are sick and tired of seeing ANOTHER Lipitor rep and complain that you only made $2K for your quarterly bonus.

But hey, you can always say that you worked for Pfizer when going on that next interview. Big F'in deal.

For all of the naysayers who actually do work for Biovail on this board, spend more time trying to figure out how to get your doctors to rx your product and less time bashing Biovail. Every company experiences growing pains.

Bunch of whiney little bitches.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Big Pharma

GO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif VOLS!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been in Big Pharma and it's all of a matter of what company you work for. I left Big Pharma for an opportunity for advancement, which obviously won't happen with Biovail. I should have stayed at BP, even though that's what I was told. My POD worked great together, each having a different lead product. My bonus was avg. of $20K/year. The $49K hiring at Biovail was comparable to the BP start. I am enjoying my LA bonus right now with my new surround sound, home theater system in front of me watching football. I left BP because the grass is always greener. It all depends on the company. I didn't get tracked, my first call did not have to be at 8 and I didn't get micromanaged. I did have to work a night or two but big deal. You do your best at whatever company you are at. I used to be rewarded for that, recognized. Now, I get slapped in the face. The rankings in this company are done on an extinct system. Give BP the edge there. I have my final interview next week with the company I left. Yes, I left on good terms and yes, they are willing to re-interview me. It's for a different territory but with option to go back to my old territory when it opens. I'd advise each of you to not burn your bridges. You never know when your ASD ends up at the company you are working for 5 years from now.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. Thanks for the insight. It's all a trade off, but no matter the money, it's hard to be motivated in a system that you consistently rank low in. I know it's easy to believe I am belly-aching, and even if I truly do suck at this job, an entire district or state can't all suck. This ranking structure does exactly the opposite of it's intent. It breaks your spirit and stunts your motivation.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never understoud why reps sit around and complain about the companies. If you take a look at the other message boards, they are ll filled with whinning! If you are that unhappy here, why don't you leave?? Maybe the grass is greener on the other side maybe it's not. Go take your chance. You're just making yourself miserable and others have to sit around and listen to your unhappy life! This is my 3rd rep position. If and when I should get unhappy, then I will look for another opportunity NOT SIT AROUND ANF CRY ON EVERYONES SHOULDER. GET REAL!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CAfePharma provides ISP addresses if any company wants to know which people wrote here.

Thought you'd wanna know that.