Welcome to the Forest board

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by cafead, Sep 30, 2002 at 4:16 PM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally, an answer after a post 11/21. WOW! It takes this long for a reply? Forest is a dumb company. Looking pal...thanks for your concern & kindness.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forest isn't any worse than the rest. From a recruiter's perspective, Forest is akin to chasing ambulances. Discounted fees, unrealistic guarantees. Ambulance chasers and ankle biters. The top talent goes to other companies, and Forest is the farm. The real opportunity at Forest was back in the 90's, and somehow, back then they just got lucky. Most of people I know have cashed, or have gone on to make $$ at other places. Forest does have the finest view from its HQ, better than any other Pharma, except maybe Scripps. (Torrey Pines).

L

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Forest isn't any worse than the rest. From a recruiter's perspective, Forest is akin to chasing ambulances. Discounted fees, unrealistic guarantees. Ambulance chasers and ankle biters. The top talent goes to other companies, and Forest is the farm. The real opportunity at Forest was back in the 90's, and somehow, back then they just got lucky. Most of people I know have cashed, or have gone on to make $$ at other places. Forest does have the finest view from its HQ, better than any other Pharma, except maybe Scripps. (Torrey Pines).

L

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine no possesions. I wonder if you can? No need for greed or hunger. A Brother and Sisterhood of man. Imagine all the people living life in peace. War is over....if you want it.
    Lots of Luv & Happy Hoildays!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what kind of background checks does Forest run...i mean if you got a minor DIU 5 years ago but were never convicted is that a problem

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

problems, problems...Forest has so many problems.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SLAVE TRADER!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I need to get in contact with one of your reps, other than the name, what is your email format? Thank you for your help

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why wait until they choose you to be the one to leave? Start looking now. Send your resume in strict confidence to recruitpharm@hotmail.com

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever happened to Jacqueline Calavan in Medical Services?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you need to find a new job...you dont work hard enough..if you did..you would not have enough time to write a book....I'll bet you are just as sour about everything else in your life....good luck! <font color="red"> </font>

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm only posting this because there hasn't been an update to this "main thread" of Welcome to the Forest Board since last June. I get on here about 2-3 times a month and it never changes. I think that this thread is feeling left out, and we all know that in this day-and-age of political correctness that we can't hurt anyone's feelings (including a thread).

By the way, I'm a Forest sales rep, it's 1:15pm, and I'm checking CP in the middle of the day; deal with it! (Okay, I tried to be cool, but I'm just sitting in a waiting room where they have wi-fi. CRAP, they just said they need Lexapro. I have to go back and make another worthless UPS delivery, er, um, what I meant was I need to go deliver another quality sales presentation.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rob Staker is a good manager and his reps seems to like and respect him.

13. Hello All, I am a recent college graduate without any real b2b sales experience. My concentrations include sales and healthcare with which I feel very comfortable in regards to becoming a pharm rep. It's been hard getting any calls back, what's the deal? I know pharm companies can't just always trust everything that comes out of a recent grad's mouth, but my gpa is a 3.7??? I no doubt that I would be a perfect fit for the job. Can anyone help?

14. Anonymous ~

Anonymous ~ Guest

Thanks.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: FOREST GETS DOGGED!!!!!

I worked for Forest and quit last year. Forest DOES NOT follow the Pharma guidelines, they state that in their own interviews and handbook!!!! They have their OWN guidelines which they claim are more stringent then the pharma guideline.....BULLSHIT!!! Not sure which employment handbook and contract you signed, but pulled your head out!!!! Forest is the shittiest company I have EVER worked for and my gay manager was particularly horrible. He violated 3 of the employment ethics right off the bat. Forest has NO ethics at all b/c he is still employed by that trashy company. You obviously are young and have no self worth. Forest has obviously won in bringing you up as their little Forest robot who annoys the HELL out of physicians and their staff!!!! Go get those signatures you siganture hore!!!! Have fun, I work for a fantastic pharmaceutical company now!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice spelling Jackass!!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love looking back on past companies I've worked for. Still the same crap. I don't care who you work for, it's all the same. If you are a true salesman, you make your job. I worked for Forest for almost 8 years, I had a blast, a great company. People don't leave companies, they leave managers. Like any company, you have good, and bad managers. Forest had some great, but they had some piss poor ones as well. I think Forest grew to quick and placed people in positions they had no business being in. Also, Forest isn't part of Pharma, they have guidelines, some follow, others don't. Forest is aggressive to a fault, but they have to be. They are competing against companies 4x the size. I think those that complain about a company pretty much just suck at what they do. I do agree with those that said certain managers suck, I had alot of those piss poor managers at Forest.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was a forest employee for 2 years. Words cannot explain how shitty this company truly is. For those who think this is a bitter under performing employee who got fired you are sadly mistaken. My team and I did very well and were ranked top 25. The truth is that the management both mid and upper level is a joke. Moving to med devices I realized what true medical is about. This company is based on ass kissing complacency. Honestly anyone thinking about future employment with this or other pharma companies, please I advise you, look into a real sales job in med devices. It’s where the respect and money is. Wasting your time with this company wont reveal itself overnight but rather years down the road when you are beyond the point of being an attractive candidate to a med device company. Remember the suit wearing UPS sample delivery reps and caterer's (pharma) have a horrible rap in virtually all respectable industries for being lazy, un-intelligent, and horrible at sales; in short pretty dumb cheerleaders. Im sure there will be some rediculous witty remark in response to this posting but remember your still in pharma and I expect nothing less.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked in pharma sales for almost 10 years. My prior positions were lost as a result of mergers, and I got nice severance packages. I ended up here at Forest because I needed the job, but also wanted to give this company the benefit of the doubt. It couldn't be as bad as I was hearning on 'the street'.

All pharma companies indoctrinate their reps with Kool-aid. Forest on the other hand stews it up in a big pot. It concocts new flavors and colors. It changes daily. And its' employees, for the most part, are mainlining it--little IV drip poles in every car.

Believe it or not, I used to love my job and was ignorant enough 10 years ago to believe that this "career" might really allow me to make a difference. If nothing else, than put a smile on some receptionist's face.

Now, I'm just waiting for the pink slip...happily.