Welcome to the In the Pipe forum

Discussion in 'In the Pipe' started by cafead, Dec 6, 2006 at 2:26 PM.

1. #1 cafead, Dec 6, 2006 at 2:26 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2006 at 2:32 PM
    cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

This is a place to discuss all aspects of drugs in development.
    Often those in the field are a source of overlooked wisdom in assessing the value of a new drug.

If this section becomes popular, it is possible that we may give it its own section on the site.

Please feel free to post links to relevant information about new drugs.

This board will currently allow anonymous posting, and posts will go live immediately. However, we do ask that you keep discussions on topic. Please understand that we will delete threads/posts that do not provide a useful discussion of new drugs in the pipeline.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's idea was this? Some pharm co. is going to be checking here and if they see anything that a rep wrote on a new drug that has not been launched yet and that reveals any sort of proprietary information, etc., the co. is going to have a fit, subpoena CP, fire the rep, etc. Man, you can be sued for stuff like that.

We are launching something new after the first of the year. It is now Dec. and the sales force still doesn't even know officially what the product will be yet. If I got on here an blabbed any rumor or speculation about it, I can bet you I would be fired, and yes, by a court order, CP would have to turn over IP addresses and records.

And why would I want to tell the competition any information? What purpose would it serve?

3. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

By no means are we asking anyone to divulge proprietary company information.

Companies often put out news releases regarding drugs in their pipeline, clinical trial results, etc. This forum is a place to cite this public information, and discuss/analyze the potential of these various drugs. This is for the industry at large - it does not have to be about your own company's pipeline. This already happens on other boards on cafepharma, but by bringing it together in one place it should be easier to find.

Again, we are categorically stating that we do not want company employees to share any type of private, proprietary information on drug development.

Let me also reiterate that cafepharma does not store IP addresses or any other identifying information with anonymous posts. In the unlikely event that a company were to subpoena our records, there would be no such information to provide.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

4. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

By all means, Jonas. Please feel free to post about device company pipelines. If we get enough posts on the subject, we can create a separate pipeline board for devices.

Thank you for the suggestion!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you explain this further?