1. Ex-FDA Chief Gottlieb says regulator needs to up pace on COVID-19 drugs— Gilead won't be charging for use of experimental COVID drug, for now — FDA backs first emergency COVID-19 antibody test from Cellex — See more on our front page news Stay updated with the latest pharma-related coronavirus news on our new page
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Think you have witnessed fraud?Ask a Whistleblower Attorney -- a chance to discuss whistleblower-related legal issues with practicing whistleblower attorneys.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Industry Veterans board

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by cafead, Dec 8, 2004 at 11:01 AM.

1. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

This specially requested board is a place for "industry vets" (those in the business 10 years or more) to gather. Others may certainly post to ask questions, etc. but please be respectful of those with experience. Threads involving excess bashing or attacking may be deleted.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What to you all think of Shire and the drud fosrenal? I have an interview with them.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I looked at the site the other day. I got a call from the company. I am out of pharma and plan to stay out, but it looked like a good small company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am currently looking for a next step above pharma. Do you know how I can go about finding something. I've been in the business 14 years.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone out there know of a seasoned MSL that would want to work for a small biotech company. I would like to offer this individual a great opportunity. Positions for MSL's are available in Mid Atlantic and West territories. Need to have a PharmD or MD background. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suppose I should appreciate the fact that I am still employed at this point but this profession has become so unsatisfying. Just getting off another days work and feel disillusioned. All the boxes were checked as required but what did I accomplish? You know the feeling. I find it difficult to get the energy to produce a meaningful dialogue, not that it happens all that often.

I have begun to mail out some resumes and being currently employed more than 10 years with one company you'd think I get some interest, even for lesser paying jobs. Too early to comment but I have my reservations. I am fortunate that I have practically no debt and can afford such a move.

Who knows why it is so tough to change careers? Is it our age? Are too many pharma reps applying thus devaluing us? Is it just the economy? Or does the internet increase your competition to the point it is hard to distinguish yourself?

I don't have the answers but I do wish all of you the best of luck in your endeavors.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You my want to try the website big medjobs.com

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest