Welcome to the MedPointe board

Discussion in 'Meda' started by cafead, Nov 4, 2003 at 5:19 PM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, it's hard to understand all the jargon from the outside, but I have an interview with MedPoite on Friday. I will be selling Astelin, Optivar and Zomig. What "Division" is this? Where does this Division rank within the company? How do these products compare to they're cometitors? What about formulary status? How much out-of-town training is there really? Every company has there bitches and complaints. losers and leaders; it seems as if I would be trading one problem for another, but could someone just be frank with me? Not to be erogant, but I will probably get this job and I would like to know some of the answers that I shouldn't ask during an interview. For example, what are the car choices? Do they provide AM EX cards? Cell phones? Do they you a computer based system or call cards? Are there any new products in the pipe line? Every company has assholes and good managers, its' just the vibe you get at the interview and the luck of the draw when they "reallign". Someone be frank with me.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no pipeline with this company. It is strictly a marketing company that purchases castoff products.

The position you are describing sounds like PC2. Although the interviewer may tell you it's an "expanion" position, it isn't. Turnover is very high right now, and the average rep tenure is 10-14 months. PC2 reps are hired with promises of "$18-22k" in bonus at plan. This is a lie. You will actually make less than $10k annually in bonus as a PC2, because management purposely keeps the quotas set at unnattainable levels.

You will have no "war chest" money to speak of. Doing lunch inservices will be a rare luxury. You'll just have to rely on you charm and good looks to get time with your doctors.

Yes, you get a car (Impala), cell phone reimbursement, and you have a computer that tracks and timestamps all of your calls, as well as recording which imbedded marketing pieces you use on each call.

Astelin is a bitter nasal spray which has been out for about 6 years now and has about a 3% marketshare in the allergy remedy market. Your competition are easy-to-take, once a day antihistamine pills with big pharma backing, and nasal steroids.

Optivar is a eye drop for allergic conjuntivitis that, unlike its competition, burns like hell when you administer it.

Zomig is a "me too" triptan for acute migraine which competes in an overcrowded triptan market with competitors who have big pharma resources behind them.

All of these issues (particularly the lies regarding bonus, and the follow-up lies on how the are going to change it for the better, but continue to set the quotas at unattainable levels) have the turnover rate exceeding 60% right now. Moral is horrible, and everyone is looking eslewhere.

Finally, the company is failing financially. The company has failed to make its numbers every quarter since MedPointe took over. They borrowed an additional $17 million from the Carlyle group last year to hire the Neuro specialty salesforce, and the numbers actually went DOWN in spite of adding a new salesforce. People "in the know" have acknowledged that management has already begun to entertain offers for all of the companies assets in an effort to give upper management a golden parachute off of this sinking ship. I don't think management expects this company to last more than 18 more months.

If you take the job, plan on it being a "one year and out" stepping stone. If you have a family you have to provide for, only work here as a last resort.

I hope this helps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you are not being arrogant. You will get offered the job. Not because you are the best candidate mind you, but you would have to be a total freaking moron to actually accept and go through the interview process. They will probably offer you the job on the first interview because they are desperate to fill any positions. Everyone in the industry has heard of medpointe, and most laugh or snicker when they see you. You will be the joke. You are being arrogant however, if you think this won't happen to you. It will!! You will be looking for another job by the end of the year or will have already been canned. I was here for 9 months, left a great pharma job for all the bull shit promises, got so sick of the pharma industry, I left it completely. Took a job selling financial products (yeah life insurance is part of it), which seems so beneath me before, but after my hellpointe experience, its is a pleasure.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[​IMG]
    beautiful summary of a company run by morons from 'has been' companies where they screwed up there also.

again, well done.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually they have managed to hire many highly skilled reps with their lies about "small pharma culture" and "$36k bonus."

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best post I have read in a long time. Good post!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can not believe that I am reading all of this about MedPointe. I didn't even know about this website when I took a position with them. I just stared two weeks ago. I came from 5 years of "big pharma". Everyone I meet seems happy and my manager is awesome. They have a big contract with AZ to sell Zomig. Things can't be that bad. Also, they gave me a hell of a base salary and a brand new SUV. It doesn't look that bad.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a final interview this week. I know you just started 2 weeks ago and mentioned a really nice base salary. Can you tell me what it is so I can know what to expect? I am also coming from big pharma and have six years experience. Thanks. P.S. I hope all this negative stuff is inflated.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my recruiter told me that the range is 50-60k. Good luck on your interview!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is all you need to know about MedPointe. Unless you are desperate, steer clear of these snakes:

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said! Only one thing I want to add. They might try to tell you that you won't work in a pod. This is completely false. There are about 2 or 3 reps.(sometimes 4) that are supposed to call on most of your targets twice per month. A little quick math and most of our targets are supposed to be seen between 4 and 8 times per month with products that don't have a history of moving very fast. This leads to a call with samples nightmare, by the way.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You misunderstand what numbers count. The net profit is the only thing that matters. Net profit can be acheived even when sales aren't. That is how your bonus is structured. You make numbers and they pay out bonus. You don't make numbers and they don't pay bonus, which still lets them make their profit number.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview with Medpointe this week, any advice or info? I have limited pharma background as well as a good outside sales foundation. I would appreciate any advice. I am very interested in the company and would like to get an offer from them.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your a fu----- idiot

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, after reading this thread you are asking for advice??

are you an idiot???

don't go on the interview. it's that simple.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is medpointe hiring and if so where?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    is medpointe hiring and if so where?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, either you have chosen not to read the previous posts or reading is not your strong point. Hopefully, you are not serious about that question.. if you are then you are trulyan idiot

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this company really that bad?????????? I am in line for a 2nd a final interview tomorrow morning in good ole Somerset. Any suggestions?.....besides stay the f--- away?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you so bitter about this company?