Welcome to the TAP board

Discussion in 'TAP' started by cafead, Aug 5, 2003 at 11:56 PM.

1. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the TAP company board. Anyone is welcome to post here, whether they are an employee of the company or not. You may post anonymously without registering (registered users please logout before posting if you wish to do so), or with a registered username.
    Managers and reps are encouraged to communicate with fellow employees here. If you are interested, we can also provide you with a private, password-protected board for your pod, district, etc. Just email webmaster@cafepharma.com for the details.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, it's about time TAP has its own board!! Ok, lets share our experiences here. As a new employee, I'd love to hear more tenured reps share what they think of working for TAP. What was training like? How are meetings? ETc....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love TAP...5 years...always seem to do the right thing as far as treating us.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been here 8 years...office morning today sorry for the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif You will love it here. Don't worry about the ups and downs, just do your job and TAP usually does what is right regarding us reps....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm looking to get into this great company. I reside in the los angeles area can someone help please thanks

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must not live in the NE. The management is so young and inexperienced. The top down leadership style is a joke.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On a different topic, does anybody know the name of the Prevacid promotions or CME manager? Thanks <font color="blue"> </font>

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lot depends on where you live- if you are the type that wants to move up in the company- think of where it is based- do you want to move to that state/city if you get a promotion?

As far as micromanaging- you'll find it in EVERY company- don't listen to the cry babies on this board- it's the luck of the draw no matter what company you work for. I'm with TAP and I have a great DM- but know people who don't. I also know Merck reps who are very happy and some who are not. So don't judge the company based on what people say about their managers- judge the company based on bigger things.

Think about the product you'll be selling... Prevacid is a great drug- but yes, it is a flooded market--- still is pretty easy to make a decent bonus- but not to make a killer bonus- unless you live in a medicaid win area, etc--- We do have some good things in the pipeline- no matter what others say on this board- remember, most of the jackasses who come on here are here to vent- happy people don't need to vent so there's few of them on here- I'm an exception- I'm come here for entertainment [​IMG] and to defend the company now and then [​IMG]

I love TAP... but if you live near the Merck HQ, I'd say go for them simply b/c there'd be more oppty for you- that's the one thing I don't have with TAP because I don't want to move to Chicago, but I do want to stay with TAP.

Good luck!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking for an old friend by the name of Tom Heck at TAP. If anyone knows where he is and can leave the number or VM I would really appreciate the help. I will check back on the reply for this for the answer.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry Tom Heck is no longer in the system [​IMG] Good luck finding him!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a face 2 face interview with TAP next week here in FL. Can anyone give me any extra advice on how to prepare or what to expect for? Thanks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will get more responses if you post a new separate post instead of posting under this old, generic one. Start a new thread.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sickie

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do you work for the same company? You must work in a low cost of living region.

15. SkiBum

SkiBum Guest

Re: Specialty Rep for Lupron at >50K??

I am interviewing with Tap for a Lupron Specialty position. But 48K? What gives? Is there enough room for future advancement? Any Insights? Thank you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Specialty Rep for Lupron at &gt;50K??

You need to start a new thread to get more answers on this....I've worked for TAP for 12 years and can say that it's glory days are in the past. They are actively trying to downsize thru attrition. I would not take the position.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be sure to ask about the MMA changes for 2005. The pricing war that has everyone else outside of TAP competing for Lupron's market share. If I was you and you enjoyed your current position, I'd pass on this. TAP and Lupron are not competing on a level playing field. TAP wants you to push clinical info while everyone of your competitors are talking price and reimbursement (that is the BIG NO-NO here). Also ask about the extremely high turn-over on the Lupron side...shoud be a clue! Oh I almost forgot, the pay sucks too!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I agree 100%, and if you are in the Lupron East region with TAP's worst RM, it will be a nightmare. DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tap is a great company to work for. I don't know to many Prevacid reps that work more than 4-5 hrs a day since we only have 1 drug and small territories to cover. Tap treats its sales rep good and trys to keep them happy.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TAKE OFF YOUR ROSE COLORED GLASSES!! You must be kidding me. If this is your idea of keeping reps happy, it's sad to be you.