Well, how much do you have in your 401K and how old are you?

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forgot mention, the West Coast I live in is a Governor Newsome state , He’s ruined everything good about it and will go after our hard earned money because no one pay’s taxes here anymore. This is because its a welfare state. So yeah, not sure if ill be able to retire… of course unless I move in a state that practices common sense.

I also Payed off my daughters education and have another who will be done this year which will also be payed off.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is 3.0 million that I have invested in my 401/K’s, Roth IRA’s even considered “a significant amount of money” anymore?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, it was a stupid post. If you did a little research before making the post, you would have seen that you made an uninformed post about the wealthy. By the way, future values are speculative. It is what you have today and what you are doing with it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Compared to the vast majority of people in American, yet it is a significant amount of money.

https://www.kiplinger.com/personal-finance/605075/are-you-rich

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should pay off the mortgage before you retire. With that paid off, you only have to cover basic living expenses, regardless of which state you live in.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm 68 now. I live in Virginia. I started with Marion Labs at age 26, with $2,500 in the bank. I got married and in 1975 at the age of 20. I worked for 3 companies, and I retired with this:

1. House paid off in 2003...Value: $525,000
    2. 401K AZ $1,115,000
    3. Roth IRA's $210,000
    4. Wifes 401k $356,000
    5. CD's $325,000
    6. Checking/savings $86,000
    7. Gold Coins $38,000
    8. 1959 Corvette $115,000

Not bad for hick...right

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I retired in 2015 from BMS...what a shitty company. I still need to work to make ends meet. I got hooked on online gambling...and it sucks...I need advice...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Turn your computer off?