Well, how much do you have in your 401K and how old are you?

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hard hearts and pride sent more people to Sheol than anything....and your hard heart is painful to observe.

Like other scams, the 401k is meant to look attractive...but those with intelligence know it is a terrible move, because it holds money in the hands of the corrupt for lengthy periods of time.

I hope you ask for wisdom from Elohim and see the truth someday!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Better find a new church, you are REALLY off. Seems like the devil is taking hold of you.

Better get a financial education or you will always suffer financially. At this point, it's your jealousy kicking by those of us that have fully funded emergency funds, fully funded retirement (401ks,ensigns, etc) and significant net worths in after tax accounts.

Better get that mental help. Key to everything else.

Your life is a real mess. We can see your cries of help evident in each post. We just cant help ou. Only professional help will do for you. It is getting sad watching you devolve.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Devil?
    Yes, the Devil exists and that is who you serve. I mean, people are starving and have no clothes on the street, and you hoard you money in a 401k for decades!

Fool!

Store treasures in heaven!

And yes, I am all for saving money, but not in the 401k scam, that you clearly can't see.

And one more thing, Meat, a person is a church if they follow Elohim...it is not a building on a street corner. I guess you have not progressed that far in your Bible reading, have you?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi mental boy. Sorry to see that you are still suffering from your pharma job loss and resulting mental breakdown.

I see why you are angry about 401ks. You must have tied up what little money you had in a 401k and didnt have an emergency account. When you lost your pharma job, you got hit with the taxes and penalties and then didn't have enough to cover needed mental health expenses. As a result, you then sought out some wacky non-biblical church to help deal with your issues and now you have the devil looking over your shoulder. Wow, what a mess for you.

The only thing I can now recommend is that you look for some kind of government services for low income individuals. You probably qualify since you had to settle for the Enterprise Rental Car job.

By the way, learn the difference between "meat" and "meet".

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, Meat was correct. That is your nickname.

The full name I Meatboy.

Because your mind is lacking any upper level thinking. You are like a grunting third team linebacker, all Meat, no mind. The coach can't put you in because you can't think, and your teammates don't like you.

Run, don't walk from the 401k people!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You idiots totally wrecked this thread.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems you like to spin everything in a way to covers your errors in like, starting with getting kicked out of pharma. We have read your grade school level comments.

This is a thread about 401ks and a place for successful people to compare how well they have done in this area. We already know you want to bash it because you haven't done well. Why don't you take that someplace else where someone actually cares to hear what you have to say as no one here gives a rip about you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To get this back on track

Age 51
    401K $1.2 million
    Pension - Projected to pay $6000/mo starting at age 60
    After tax investments - $1.4 million
    Home paid for - worth $750K

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, what a great post!

Thank you for your insight!

The reason this thread has so many hits is NOT because of posts like yours. Instead, it is because some intelligent people are smart enough to question the nonsense of the 401k vs. those that subscribe to conventional thinking, a thinking that gives people a sense of security, but in the end, produces no fruit.

Also, the fact that you paid so much or a house says something about how out of touch wit reality you really are.

Remember folks, its costs about 100k, on average, to build an average home. Anything you pay after that 100k figure is going to be a risk. When you hit the 200k plus mark, then you are asking for trouble.

And I don't care if you have the money to afford a 750k house. It is a terrible investment in most cases, when you consider the real estate fluctuations, and the upkeep, and the taxes.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You seem post as a way of making yourself feel better, yet you just post a bunch of nonsense.

You have no real understanding of 401ks or rstablishing an overall financial plan, so stop wasting our time. Further, your comments on "average" home prices is so far off from reality, it isn't even funny. Not to mention even addressing the fact you can't use averages to address the differences within markets.

Find another way to deal with your problems instead of clogging up this board with your trash.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are like a little brat that resorts to name calling and pounding your fists into the wall, because someone smarter than you calls stupidity on your conventional thinking.

Its not my fault you see the world in a vanilla way.

I guess years in pharma. will do that. I just love it when I get waved back, while 3 of you are waiting for a signature, while I take care of patients' and offices...and yes, I make more also and even yell at my boss if he says something stupid. NONE of you have the balls or honesty to do that, do you? Because you are cowards for the most part.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you have things backwards. The child like (brat) behavior is coming from you. You are the one invading the thread on 401Ks. Further, you stupidity shows through loud and clear as the FACTS demonstrate that you are WRONG, as explained to you over and over again.

With that said, we know why you are here. It is all centered around your hatred of the industry because you got tossed out. You then take out your frustrations on the various threads, filling it up with off-topic nonsense. You need to face up to your own shortcomings that resulted in you losing your job. That is the first step to getting over your butt hurt. Based on your posts, it does not appear that you can do this on your own and that it is likely that you need professional help. This time of year can be rough for people like you. Christmas time is when we look to share with others and since you are financially hurting, that is hard for you to do. That is why it is even more important for you to seek out help.

Good luck!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody got kicked out, sparky.

If the money is right, I might get back in. But, thing is, your industry is not stable and does not value top notch sales people.

Instead, it values "yes" men.

I mean, when is the last time you have seen someone who was not a "yes man or woman", get promoted?

Answer: NEVER.

In other industries, things like numbers and opinions and creativity matter.

See ya, sucker!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, we already determined a long time ago that you got kicked out. No need to try and spin that one again. Your continued sour grapes/bashing of pharma is typical of people in your position and it doesn't really get you anywhere, does it.

So, BACK ON THE TOPIC, here is a link to a discussion on 401K balances:

http://www.financialsamurai.com/how-much-should-one-have-in-their-401k-at-different-ages/

This site is for one of the more popular financial bloggers. The site owner is someone who retired early and he focuses mainly on retirement savings and expense reductions.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hysterical, as always.

How you live with yourself, as a man, in a female dominated marketing job, is beyond me.

Bonus: Cliff Notes to your link: Save more than you make. Smart people never officially retire. Instead, they are always keeping busy and working because they enjoy challenge. One of the wealthiest people I know (started a company that sells refurbished surgical equipment), retired very young, yet he still works to keep busy.

Your conventional thinking is just so painful to me, and brings no value to this website, because you repeat yourself over and over.

On the other hand, you have no idea what I will post. And what I post is mostly correct to people that have learned how to think.

My best advice to you is to face reality. Your industry is corrupt. And your defense of it is weak and makes you look terrible. Stop doing that. Just be quiet and don't tell too many people what you do for a living. Smart people don't work in your industry either, trust me.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is your hate and anger that keeps you coming back. Get over it. You got tossed, just like many others. Most deal with it. It just seems to have taken a greater toll on you and your mental stability. This thread just adds to your pain because not only are you having trouble covering every day expenses, your retirement planning is now in shambles. Coming back here won't fix your problems. You need professional help.

As always, I wish you good luck in getting the help you need.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think most intelligent people know who really needs the help: people like you that have never had an original thought in their life and think that because they have accumulated some green paper (mostly through lying and manipulation)...that they are suddenly smarter than others.

Wrong.

Truth is truth. Truth doesn't change for anyone. Your industry is corrupt. Your doctors are idiots. I am embarrassed that it took me so long to get out.

Face the facts: you love money more than truth.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translated with the help of a truth detector:

Yes, people do know that you really need help. Your hurt and anger are becoming overwhelming for you. It seems to be growing. Is it the continued job frustration or is it just that this is the holiday period and you find yourself lacking?

Look, even though you had treated people on this board with disrespect, we are still willing to help you out with career and financial advice. However, it is unlikely that any of that will help until you deal with your issues. We just can't help in that department and you will have to seek qualified help. Take care of that and come back and then we can take it from there.

The hand of kindness is always extended and we wish you good luck.

Now, it would be good to get back to the subject of 401Ks. It is a good time to know look at your portfolios and see if your allocations need to be rebalanced, check contribution rates to make sure you max out the match, compare the various fund expense rates and compare performance to other benchmarks.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not angry at all.
    I am blessed to see through all the BS this world has to offer.

I sincerely feel bad for you that you never "got the game". You got played.

I come here to help you see the lies you have been believing your entire life, and you call me mentally ill, which is a terrible thing to say.

Well, one of us is wrong. Good vs. evil. Truth vs. lies. Yup. Your heart knows what group you belong to, with your greedy heart and foolish desires to treasure more and more of what this BS world has to offer. There is a way to a man that seems correct, but in the end, that road leads to destruction.

I am just a messenger. If you are wise, you will hear my rebuke. Open your eyes and start seeing. Open your ears and start hearing. Most importantly, open your heart, and start understanding.

I wish you nothing but the best.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see you are still having trouble keeping it together, mental boy. It really is sad to see you in such mental disarray. Here you are on the 401K thread going off in so many directions. It must be a battle between all those voices in your head.

Just wondering what came first, the mental issues or the job loss? Which one led to the other?

By the way, I don't think your cult is helping you any.

Please, for the sake of your family, get some immediate help.

Good luck!