Well, how much do you have in your 401K and how old are you?

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2015 stock of the year: SWKS.

Also, bank stocks are going to do well, but I am not holding on them because I don't like bankers and the like to confuse the public too much.

Still have a lot of SWKS, but sold off most of my stuff last week, DIS, AAPL, C, and stupid IBM, which I took a bath on.

Regardless, its a great time to sell for too many reasons to list. Don't get stubborn on me, please. This is a mature, bull market, and if you can't see that, you are an idiot and deserve all the bad that will come your way if you hold too long and don't dump soon.

Just my opinion, but I know my stuff because I study hard.

Good luck!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Market timing is for losers. Single stocks are for losers. Plenty of research to back all of that up.

You can use a simple buy, hold and rebalance strategy for both your 401K and after tax investments that reduce risk, provide superior returns to active trading and do all of this at a lower cost (low cost index funds). Read some books by William Bernstein, Rick Ferri, Larry Swedroe and Jack Bogle.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Single stocks are for losers"

Most sharp investord own no more than 10 stocks...and the majority about 5.

Your comment is silly.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plenty of studies show that buy, hold and rebalancing of index finds is far less risky and beats managed investing, including single stocks in over 85% of investments cases.

Your comment indicates that you are uninformed and lack solid education in investing. Look at Warre Buffets plan for his wife. He is leaving her money in an S&P index fund.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sure thing. Warren Buffet.
    you are so clueless it is not funny.

I guess you are happy with a few bucks. No guts, no glory. Typical pharma. rep with no idea of how the real world works and how people that "they" say are great, are really the biggest BS artists in the world.

these people like Buffet tell you to buy, when they are selling...and they sell, when you are buying.

stop being such a fool all of your life.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is our own fault that you are a failure. You got tossed from pharma and you have no idea how to invest. You pin your hopes on picking a stock that will fix your mess, yet you waste what little money you have.

Secondly, you can't even master reading comprehension. Buy, hold rebalance strategies do not sell. Usingbthis strategy, we continue to accumulate more wealth and rebalance to keep our investment allocations in line. I know that goes above your head, but that is your problem.

Your envy of those of us that are successful is nauseating. Instead of wasting your time here, you should work on fixing your life.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check out the nutbag that is here posting on a pharma board, despite the fact that he is no longer in pharma (he got the boot) and doesn't have the money to properly fund his retirement, yet is posting on a 401K thread.

Perhaps you should be working on fixing your life. Don't worry about us. We are doing just FINE!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the post man.
    Buffet is just like Jim Rodgers. These are toxic, market manipulators. Buffet is just a simpleton, value investor. Nothing special. Rodgers just flat out lies.

Keep up the good work!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Buffet is just a simpleton, value investor. Nothing special"

I have seen some gross stupidity on this site, but this one takes the trophy for the dumbest statement I have ever come across on these boards. By the way Buffet is spelled Buffett.

Go look up the performance of BRKA and BRKB over time. You will find one of the safest most consistent growth patterns over time in the investment field. Warren Buffett is a completely self made man. BA from Nebraska, MS from Columbia. He has done this by his own brilliance. I'll follow him on investment advice WAY before the idiot that made the above statement.

He is the second richest man in America following Bill Gates. How are you doing?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is probably mental boy commenting on one of his own posts again and adding more stupid comments to his poor track record.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your logic is flawed.
    Just because a person has more money than another, it does not make them smarter or gives them a greater advantage over others in life.
    It just means they have more money.

Also, people like Gates and Buffet have friends in high, high, high places. They were not self-made men by any means.

See, you just take everything you hear and assume it is truth. It has something to do with your mind controlled pharmaceutical selling model. And the reason you and others stay in this industry is that you are lazy and because you know deed down inside, you have minimal skill and work ethic to make money in other industries or in other careers.

bill gates. lol.
    buffett. lol.

And Michael Jordan is an exceptional person because he can "score them points" too, right?

Grow up and learn about life, instead of putting this people as idols because they have money that will be useless in a few decades to them, and to everybody in a century or two.

Knuckleheads. Grow up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, mental boy. People are just responding to you. You are the one that chose to come on this board and complain about the pharma industry (because you got canned). You are the one that chose to come on this thread and complain about 401ks (because you can't afford to properly save for retirement and still fund your ongoing living expenses). If you don't want people giving you the truth and responding to your posts, then just don't post on this board. It is that simple.

You really have to do something about your mental issues. It is making your life spin out of control.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you please keep the discussion to the 401k, parrot boy?

Nobody gets canned from the pill world. Lazy ones stay. Smart ones leave because there is no stability and the job does not build up your skill set after 1 year.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keeping to the topic is YOUR problem, mental boy.

Yes, people get canned on a regular basis. You are a prime example of someone getting canned. Only the strong/cream of the crop survive. It is a tough truth to deal with and has obviously unhinged you.

As to 401Ks, mine is doing great, as is my many other investments.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just hate the fact that your conventional thinking about the 401k and life has been challenged and you know deep down inside that you are wrong...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi mental boy. I am not going to lie just to try and make you feel better about the fact that you failed in pharma and you also don't have a clue about investing. That would not help you any. Instead, the truth always wins out and that is what you have to deal with. No one but you is responsible for providing for you and your family today and during retirement. You would be better suited to fix your problems than bashing those of us that are responsible and more knowledgable about building our net worths to support our current and future needs, including 401Ks, after tax savings and other investments.

Fix your own problems.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go away mental boy. You have derailed my thread. Yes I am the OP. Yes I am still in this industry. I just wanted to see how I and others were fairing in their 401k's. As a measuring point.

You come on here bashing our industry and a staple in retirement planning. You are lost and confused.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Age 47
    401K $71,400
    Savings $2,100
    No pension

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

35 with 3 kids
    401K - 167,000
    IRA - 45,000
    Savings - 225,000
    529 plan - 30,000
    individual stocks - 15K
    Old Roth - 10K

Recently built House - 600K value/ 450K
    Pension at 67yo if I retire today: 700/mo.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Age 56
    Married with 2 children, both on their own

IRA: 420K
    Savings: 80k
    Pension: 4k / month currently drawing

Also

Primary home: 320K and is paid off
    Rental property: brings in an income of 2.5K per month. This is paid off worth approx 300K

I started seriously saving late in life and have built the above since 2004. Will retire at 60 with a planned income of approx $8k per month.